Iso 99.98 Is it safe?

Siffo

5 hours ago, Roofless won said:

worried in what way?

You know they sell Everclear, it's the American grain spirit. Well I've heard they've been selling fake bottles of it. I'd think and this is only speculation is that when someone orders Everclear they just bottle some of their own grain alcohol and badge it up as everclear. Ok the stuff in the bottle might be fine but that's a dirty trick by anyones standards. Just so we're clear it's a company with the initials L E. Everclear is way more expensive btw. I've drank loads of their stuff so I'm not saying there's anything wrong with their product.

Shady fucks if it's true

I hope it's not true because if they have been doing that then why should we believe  that what they say is 95% ethanol is kosher :( that's the trouble with buying on the internet - I do it all the time but alot of the time you have absolutely no idea who you are buying from

I remember when I placed my order before I did try to find out where the ethanol came from - I found an Eastern European chemical company that does lot's of stuff for pharma companies so I was hopeful I was getting genuine Ethanol but their website is troubling - they have like 3 products........

Edited by Roofless won
Eta
  • Like 1

I know it works for extraction (tincture) I've used buckets loads, so has my mate. Neither of us are blind yet. It's shipped as plastic polish, you've got to wonder lol 

Besides Everclear, we have Clear Springs here locally.  Both are good quality.  Good clean 190 proof is easy to make yourself with a refluxing column, using a sugar wash and Turbo Yeast.

https://graywolfslair.com/index.php/10-the-alchemist-resource/10-19-190-proof-ethanol-from-scratch

https://graywolfslair.com/index.php/15-diy-equipment/15-8-ethanol-fractionating-still/15-8-1-refluxing-columns-for-producing-190-proof-ethanol