Multistrains, 4 New Strains Plus Other HSO Goodies

@Smokebelch

Quality update brother, I too am trying and loving those intense nutes. Sorry to read of your stress induced hermies glad you caught though. 

Everything is looking really good mate as usual 

:bong:

• Like 4

Looking great @Smokebelch! Shame about the Velvet Octane hermie issue, good work catching them early and removing from the tent... Hopefully not too much pollen got about. 

• Like 4

Another couple of quality updates by @Smokebelch :cheers:

Sorry to read about the hermi issues mate :(

It does sound like stress as it's happening on several plants. Hopefully the fix will see you through until you sort a new tent  :yep:

Flower tents looking splendid ;)

Kind regards :bong:

Mark..

• Like 4

@OldbearThanks mate, I really wish I had tried the Intense Organix before, I was sent them ages ago but was in my BioBizz comfort zone so its took me a while.

@InTheSystemThanks mate, its becoming apparent now that some pollen was thrown around the tent, more on that in my update.

@Dinafem-MarkThanks mate, yeah deffo stress on my part, light leaks through the door and zips in my tent.

I have some bad news this morning, the hermie Velvet Octane seems to have dropped some pollen and the other plants I put in the tent at the same time have plenty of seeds forming on the flowers. I put four plants in there at the same time, two Velvet Octanes, a Disco Biscuit and a Pineapple Skunk. On the plus side I didnt have much already in there hence four going in together so its not a huge distaster. 

Luckily my big Chemdawg plant seems to have not been infected by the pollen invasion as I cant see any seeds forming on her, I suspect there will be a few in there but I am hoping it not too bad.

She is nearning the end at 9 weeks and the cola tops are fattening and throwing out more foxtails, she proper stinks and has a load of trichomes so I am hoping for good things from the finished buds.

I have chopped a few lower bud to dry ready for the weekend, me and my mate are having a session so I though it would be good to try some samples of this. I reckon another week and we will be getting very near finished.

Chemdawg (reg) @ day 63 

large.P1320350.jpg

large.P1320373.jpg

large.P1320352.jpg

large.P1320344.jpg

large.P1320319.jpg

large.P1320313.jpg

large.P1320317.jpg

large.P1320377.jpg

The worst affected plant seems to be my Pineapple Skunk, I can see a lot of seeds forming all over her which is a real shame as I was going to hit her with some Chemdawg pollen, thats been postponed for now and I have taken a couple of cuts off the Pineapple Skunk mother plant so that project will now be happening in the near future.

Pineapple Skunk @ day 32

large.P1320349.jpg

The remaining Velvet Octane seems to be hermie free now I have fixed the light leaks as I cant see anymore nanas forming so thats good, she does have quite a few seed pods but doesn't look quite as bad at the Pineapple Skunk, its a real shame I never covered the tent before I put these in flower but I didn’t so not worth dwelling on.

Velvet Octane @ day 32

large.P1320328.jpg

I also have the tall Disco Biscuit which seems to have pretty much escaped the Pollen invasion, I can’t see any at all on this plant.

Disco Biscuit @ day 32

large.P1320404.jpg

I have taken some cuttings of the Pineapple Skunk and Chemdawg mothers for breeding projects and I also took 4 cuttings from a Dinafem Ocean Grown Cookies that I have just put in flower as I need to find a keeper of this strain, this was my last seed but I have two more 5 packs on the way, this has been my favourite strain for a while and there is strong smelling lemony pheno that I need to keep a mother plant of.

Various Cuttings

large.P1320312.jpg

Thats it for now folks, its pissing with rain here all day so I am going have sofa day with my Sticky Bricks and some nice cured Wonder Kush

Getting baked on a Rainy Day

large.P1320137-2.jpg

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 14

@Exile420It’s actually a butane powered vaporiser set up dude.

The vape is a Sticky Brick Maxx which comes with all the water tool adapters and silicon tube. The bubbler is called “The Bubble”. I got both of them from Vapefiend.

I have to say this is the only vape I have that can milk that bubbler up like that with just flowers in the bowl, I have an Evo Cloud and this thing is a bigger hitter than that.

My Sticky Bricks are the only vapes I use now, my Evo Cloud is broken again and I can’t justify the £75 notes to get it fixed again, it’s an awesome vape but no good if you clumsy like me as I keep breaking the bamboos. 

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 5

Shame about the velvet Octanes I've got 2 in veg and have seen a couple of velvet Octane hermie in another diary so not looking good debating to cut them down and whack something else in.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Alright there @Smokebelch

Hows it going?

All that talk of vapes is making me hungry for a jibba, tho I am on a tolerance break until at least my crop comes down, either that or I’ll have to actually buy some, I haven’t brought any for so long, the dealers have probably forgotten all about me :v:

Take it easy. Jj :yinyang:

• Like 2

@Jibba jabbaYeah I am ok mate, I really need to get some photos in the tent as my VO and discos are nearing the end and I have a Lingerie and Lemon Citron half way through and two San  Bacio Gelatos just stretching. 

It’s a shame you have ran out dude, I used to run out a lot when I was smoking it in spliffs, I been vaping for the last 9 years and I have not really ran out so I haven’t brought any for 9 years now.

Now I changed to perpetual flowering I have a glut of the stuff so I can put loads in the hash and make edibles etc.

@UKsFinestThats interesting to read about more hermies on these, looks like they are sensitive then. 

I will get some photos for an update this evening.

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 6

17 minutes ago, Smokebelch said:

I been vaping for the last 9 years and I haven’t ran out in that time very often so I haven’t brought any for 9 years now.

That’s an achievement in its self.

I do have a M Dynavap, which is cool but I find smoking without baccy gets a bit much after a while and always resort back to spliffs,I must try harder.

Take it easy. Jj:yinyang:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Smokebelch said:

I been vaping for the last 9 years and I have not really ran out so I haven’t brought any for 9 years now.

i have noticed when vaping you use a lot less material, was looking at a flowerpot the vape x hale can be a bit fragile.

waiting on that lingerie and disco update brother belch.

sam

• Like 3

I am having a bit of a nightmare at the moment folks, some of my plants seem to herming.

A while back I had hermies because I left my lights on so I have seeded bud from that.

Then one of my Velvet Octanes went full hermi within two weeks of flower and pollenated my other VO and Pinapple Skunk so both them are now full of seeds. I put this down to light leeks in the door of my old tent. 

I fixed the tent and it’s 100% pitch black in there now as it’s got sheets all over it.

Last night I noticed my Lemon Citron has gone full hermi, lots of bananas so that’s been culled, then I spotted bananas on an Ocean Grown Cookies so they have now been removed and I will keep an eye on it. I checked all the other plants and found 1 bunch on my Lingerie. 

I am getting frustrated and disheartened as apart from the bananas the plants look amazing, green and healthy, the flowers look amazing with loads of frost just like my plants usually are, no real signs of stress and they are deffo in the dark at lights off

Most of the bunches of bananas are on lower down air buds. Anyone got any ideas on wft could be going on, apart from ligh leaks what can cause healthy looking stress free plants sprout bananas like this?

I am doing everything the same as I have done for years and never had multiple hermie like this. My timer is fine as I have been checking the lights have gone off every morning.

I am feeling pissed off with this now and very frustrated and really can’t be arsed to take photos of my garden when I am having these probs.

Maybe it’s the genetics, most of these are new strains so who knows. I think I am going have to run a load of regs and see how they go. 

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 3

Its the genetics mate...same old same old 

Most of these american strains are a pheno hunt as alot are derived from 'incidents' lol

You would think in a legal market it would be the oposite !?

I had the same last year and have pulled back from growing the latest new fangled strains..

A couple of bum runs really puts a dampener on the whole thing eh.

Regards

Stu

• Like 2

@stu sleeper 20vtThanks for the input, I think it is too mate, I can’t for the life of me think what I have done wrong to make these latest ones hermi on me.

I have a load of regs here including my own cooking so I might have to start running those for a bit, need to get my mojo back after this.

I feel a bit bad as Mark has sent me all these expensive seeds to try out but this last lot seem to been a hermi nightmare for me.

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 3

Same shit here with regular seeds two different brands.

By far my worse year for bullshit and crap plants thats for sure.Its not just you its across the board mate.

atb.