OGKZ FV & Green Crack FV

1 hour ago, uBercaMeL said:

Any idea what HSO cross with their strains to make them FV's?

:nerd:

FF OGKZ - OG Kush Auto x OGKZ

FF GC -  Green Crack Auto x Green Crack

:yep:

• Like 8

20 hours ago, uBercaMeL said:

Any idea what HSO cross with their strains to make them FV's?

With Fast Flowering or Quick Flowering strains we Cross the photoperiod strain to an auto then strip the Ruderalis gene out to leave a photoperiod dependent, fast flowering strain ;)

In the case of Fast flowering OGKZ we used

OGKZ x Auto OG 

And for Fast Flowering Green Crack we used

Green Crack x Auto Green Crack  

:bong:

Hope that helps a little? 

@botanics it's really nice to see you back posting on a frequent basis  :yep:

Excited to see what you can do with these 2 new Fastflowering HSO additions  :yep:

Let's do this  :headbang:

Kind regards :bong:

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 8

19 hours ago, seb88 said:

FF OGKZ - OG Kush Auto x OGKZ

FF GC -  Green Crack Auto x Green Crack

:yep:

Thanks for the assist mate  :cheers:

Mark..

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HSO-Mark said:

it's really nice to see you back posting on a frequent basis  :yep:

Excited to see what you can do with these 2 new Fastflowering HSO additions  :yep:

Let's do this  :headbang:

I'm feeling it tbh bud and the plants I've just put into bloom (Indigo Berry Kush) are looking tip top considering the early days with them and really happy about how they've moved on.  It's an amazing thing as you know, that when you aint right the plants won't be right, but when the head's in a decent place, they love it and perform....all that energy transference like :yinyang:  

Oh yeah I've been looking forward to these Mark.  Cheers mate :yep: 

• Like 9

On 27/05/2020 at 2:00 PM, botanics said:

It's an amazing thing as you know, that when you aint right the plants won't be right, but when the head's in a decent place, they love it and perform....all that energy transference like :yinyang:  

Too right man, I find the same. But also, not having kids, the plants help keep my head straight and give me something to nurture. I believe it's a two-way relationship with the energy transference. Even before I've smoked them, some plants do much better for my mood than others.

Great start anyway, looking forward to seeing what the crack is with these fast strains :yep: 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, SYZYGY said:

I believe it's a two-way relationship with the energy transference. Even before I've smoked them, some plants do much better for my mood than others.

You knows it then too bud ;)  Weird innit ? 

There's much we don't know and plants been around a lot longer than animal biology for sure.  Thanks mate for the encouragement :yinyang:  

(little secret whilst it's quiet :ninja:  These buggers are all up and rearing to go for it! FV's through and through by the looks of it and I'll update on the morrow with a fresh pic ;) )

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, botanics said:

little secret whilst it's quiet :ninja:  These buggers are all up and rearing to go for it

:guitar: Congrats on the germination. May they bring you joy before, and after harvest :yep: 

• Like 5

Update - Day 1

G'day folks and what a lovely day it is too.  :yahoo:  'Scorchio!' :george: 

Okay so these plants are up and away.  (they were all up by last night so counting today as day one due to a good few hours between the fastest and the slowest to appear).  Consequently they are now basking under the LED's in my vegging box (there's only 90 W on them for the moment though and I'll put the rest onto them after a few days so they get used to things first).  It's a bit hot here at the moment too and currently running at 27 C which means I'll be keeping a close eye on these to make sure they don't dry out. ;) 

With regards to pushing through the medium I'm very happy that there was no hard or difficult shells and both strains shed their cases 'au naturale' so no having to piss about with tweezers and what not which is always preferable in my book.  Other than that, not much to report in on but I took a picture earlier of course:-

large.5ed1214ecdb82_OGKZGreenCrackFV-Day1.JPG

Happy days then and already getting on with their first set of true leaves so I'll update on these plants in a week and we'll see how we get along. 

That's a wrap for now though and hope everybody's gardens are doing exactly what they want them to do ;) until next time folks, thanks for watching :rockon: 

• Like 9

Update Day 8

Afternoon my fellow gardeners of the herb :yep:  

Time to report in on these two strains for this week and we're now on day eight.  They've coped fine enough even with the slightly high temps during the recent heatwave (temps hit 30 C at times) and managed to keep them well hydrated without buggering them up and over watering them like the usual story lol 

Very happy about that and fair play to these genetics, both strains are growing at a decent rate and getting on with doing their thing :yep:   Such is the story of advancement that today I decided to give them their first pot up. :yahoo: I felt they are starting to look as if they want more feed tbh and of course with a cooler compost to start them off I was keen to get them into a better mix (might be a tad hot because there's no additions so we'll have to see). The Westlands MP with JI I've got doesn't seem as good as last season's mix however, with a bit more twiggy bits and plenty of Sphagnum moss too ;).  Hoping It should be tidy enough though as my bloom plants are not complaining or throwing a hissy about it

Pic below is before I potted them on and still in the starters, (All pics were taken earlier today) and the current temps are perfect at 24 C.  

large.5eda40484b917_OGKZFVGreenCrackFVDay8.JPG

As can be seen, they're all doing well for only being up a week and so I mixed up some new mix and using my trusty Bombay Bad Boys for this pot up (I like these and used to start my seeds off in them but have found that the little cups seem to do a better job for the initial stage -  besides if I get duds, I waste less mix by doing so and 'every little helps' when you're skint and a tight arse lol )

I put some Miccos in to the plant holes (Vitax Q4 Rootmore) and it's supposed to be a soluble jobby but I don't it done that way and just dust them in like normal, which seems to work perfectly fine. 

large.5eda4043dae6a_OGKZFVGreenCrackFV1stPotUp.JPG

Afterwards they found themselves in their new homes for the next week or so (I did tip over one of the OGKZ FV's :doh: but it's ok, as there's no snapping and it's fine :yep: )

large.5eda40465bb1d_OGKZFVGreenCrackFVDay8PotUp.JPG

They're back under my little B22 LED's now (I use a mixed spectrum of 4000K and 2700K equally) but one needs replacing so not quite on max power (running at 105 W) and that's pretty much a wrap for today guys.  I'll update in a week and hope all's gardens are doing well, until next time though, thanks for watching :rockon: 

• Like 11

@botanics Nice job on the pot up mate ;)

Give those roots plenty of room to explore  :headbang:

Thank you as always for the diary update :cheers:

Mark..

• Like 4

@HSO-Mark

They're good these Mark ;) Green Crack particularly so and all are ramping on (looks like I'll potting them up again soon and will update on Friday)  Thanks for looking in bud :yep: 

• Like 3

Great start mate, the temps were a bit high and I see in the forecast set to rise again but they have done well so far, onwards and upwards :oldtoker:

• Like 3

Lookin good mate.....and good to see ye about and doin a diary again.

Al pop in fae time to time if ye dont mind.

All the best mucker

• Like 3

Alright there @botanics

Looks like your off to a decent start with four up :hippy:

Just finished the Ff Ogkz myself, really nice it is.

Good luck with this one mate,

Take it easy:yinyang: Jj 

• Like 2