Lively's Dinafem Autos 2020

Lively

First of all thank you very much @Dinafem-Mark for supplying the White Cheese and Sour Diesel autos :D Either me or you made a mistake though because I meant white widow autos lol

No worries though, the seeds were free and I'd have been happy if you sent me a pack of tomato seeds and a rusty spoon lol I also have some white widow auto seeds of my own so will be growing those with a few others pictured. 

large.rsz_img_20200419_153811.jpg

Auto patch before extension

large.rsz_img_20200414_060924.jpg

Auto patch after extension

large.rsz_img_20200414_080229.jpg

The picture above is where they'll be going. The plot gets decent light, but soil is solid clay so I'll be lugging in compost and local topsoil/leaf mould I'll be collecting from the wood surrounding the plot.

Topsoil/leaf mould

large.rsz_img_20200416_064837.jpg

My backpack is falling apart at the seems but still gets the job done.. I've had to cable tie the bottom where it split carrying bags of soil last year. The bloody shoulder strap snapped the other day carrying a bag full of topsoil from the woods, so I just tied it to the waist strap and got 3 more bags lol

120L compost bags

large.rsz_img_20200419_121330.jpg

This is the only compost I could get my hands on right now. I've already hauled one down the plot, 4 more to go this week. 

I grew 6 autos in this spot last year, will be doing a bunch more. Last year I dug holes and amended with compost, perlite, fbb and put bottomless fabric pots above ground with the same mix. Will do similar this year.

Good luck and happy growing to everyone :thumsup:

• Like 9

What an impressive patch.  I thought the ww in the pic were autos?  

Iove that your getting your grow on and joining in and may the luck be with you 

• Like 3

Thanks pal and yeah I was sent white cheese autos instead of white widow autos, the widows pictured are my own etc.. like I said it's no issue though it's kind of them to send us anything :D

Good luck to you too, will keep an eye on your diary enjoyed it last year.

• Like 3

On 19/04/2020 at 4:07 PM, LivelyUpYourself said:

First of all thank you very much @Dinafem-Mark for supplying the White Cheese and Sour Diesel autos :D Either me or you made a mistake though because I meant white widow autos lol

No worries though, the seeds were free and I'd have been happy if you sent me a pack of tomato seeds and a rusty spoon lol I also have some white widow auto seeds of my own so will be growing those with a few others pictured. 

large.rsz_img_20200419_153811.jpg

Auto patch before extension

large.rsz_img_20200414_060924.jpg

Auto patch after extension

large.rsz_img_20200414_080229.jpg

The picture above is where they'll be going. The plot gets decent light, but soil is solid clay so I'll be lugging in compost and local topsoil/leaf mould I'll be collecting from the wood surrounding the plot.

Topsoil/leaf mould

large.rsz_img_20200416_064837.jpg

My backpack is falling apart at the seems but still gets the job done.. I've had to cable tie the bottom where it split carrying bags of soil last year. The bloody shoulder strap snapped the other day carrying a bag full of topsoil from the woods, so I just tied it to the waist strap and got 3 more bags lol

120L compost bags

large.rsz_img_20200419_121330.jpg

This is the only compost I could get my hands on right now. I've already hauled one down the plot, 4 more to go this week. 

I grew 6 autos in this spot last year, will be doing a bunch more. Last year I dug holes and amended with compost, perlite, fbb and put bottomless fabric pots above ground with the same mix. Will do similar this year.

Good luck and happy growing to everyone :thumsup:

Cool looking plot, nice selection of strains and some nice early prep work been put in :yep:

Thank you so much for getting your 2020 outdoor grow diary up and running  ;)

Let's see what you can do :headbang:

Stay safe in these crazy times  :cheers:

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LivelyUpYourself said:

Thanks for letting me take part @Dinafem-Mark

Hope all's good your end :thumsup:

My pleasure mate  :yep:

Can't wait to see what you can do :hippy:

Stay safe out there  :cheers:

All the best :bong:

Mark..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good mate! Some definte hard graft lugging all the soil! Will popping in for the ride... Looks like some interesting autos you have! Good stuff! :yep:

Ps whats the Wickes compost like? Might have to do the same... 

• Like 3

On 19/04/2020 at 4:07 PM, LivelyUpYourself said:

I have the same idea this year of cutting most of the bottom off the bags and sinking them in 2 or 3 inches in the ground. I used fabric pots above ground last year, got lucky with the rain but on a drier year we would have needed to water every couple of days!. Not tested the method so glad to hear it works well

• Like 2

Thanks @MacGanja Those 120L bags are heavy.. couldn't get more so got 6×40L bags. Just got back from taking 60/70L in a rucksack and some perlite, finishing turfing the place so will update properly soon. 

The Wickes compost is decent enough for filling outdoor holes etc :yep: might be in stock in your area, save yourself £7 delivery if you can pick it up. I got 5×120L bags delivered for about £47. Could get it cheaper from g.centre etc but they were out of stock. 

Edited by LivelyUpYourself
tag
  • Like 3

Nice one @geo1. I used a mix of fabric and plastic pots, didn't notice any difference. Definitely worth cutting the bottoms off for extra root space and access to water :yep:

I'm doing more autos this year tho so using rubble sack swamp tubes as they're cheap. Not sure whether it's better to use wider/shallower tubes or narrower taller tubes etc? Might have to do a side by side

• Like 2

Done some work on the plot. Have put in 10 white widows, 5 sour diesels, 2 cheese xxls, 1 amnesia xxl and 1 amnesia cbd (all autos) to germ.

Turfed the plot

large.rsz_img_20200508_072826.jpg

Cleared the pile

large.rsz_img_20200508_111134.jpg

Dug the holes

large.rsz_img_20200509_084737.jpg

Brought in 240L compost, 300L+ topsoil/ leaf mulch from the woods.

large.rsz_img_20200509_070803.jpg

Filled the holes with topsoil+local clay and some fbb.

Put together the pots/fabric pots/rubble sacks, filled with compost/perlite and some soil from holes I'm not using this year.

large.rsz_img_20200511_100932.jpg

Ordered original jiffy pots, realised delivery was up to 4 weeks :doh:

Bought some gardman ones on a next day delivery

large.rsz_img_20200508_163545.jpg

Cut slits in them to match the proper jiffy ones

large.rsz_img_20200510_132411.jpg

Mixed biobizz light, mycorrhizal fungi and a light intense kickstart water in a bucket to get evenly wet. 

Soaked seeds overnight and planted among other autos going in this spot

large.rsz_img_20200511_115757.jpg

Things starting to get interesting now. Can't wait to get these in the ground :yep:

• Like 5

18/19 dinafem seeds germed, only one of the cheese xxls didnt make it. Was my fault though as it had a root but either dried out or damped off. So perfect germination rates :) 

large.rsz_img_20200517_092923.jpg

Gonna give the these a max of 12-14 days before plant out to minimise the time spent in small pots and let their roots spread into the nice bags/holes I've prepared for them :yep: Weathers warming up now with night temps up to that sweet spot of around 10 degrees, so good timing to get these out in a week or so.

• Like 2

On 17/05/2020 at 10:02 AM, LivelyUpYourself said:

18/19 dinafem seeds germed, only one of the cheese xxls didnt make it

Can't complain about those germination rates ;)

18/19 through and ready to face the season ahead  :)

Some back breaking work being put in at the plot, well done  :headbang:

Thank you as always for the outdoor update, keep them coming  :cheers:

All the best :bong:

Mark.. 

• Like 2

Thanks @Dinafem-Mark

Banging germ rates man.

This is my first grow with anything dinafem apart from an og kush couple years back that was a nice smoke :) excited to see what I can do with the autos :yinyang: 

• Like 1

Autos coming along.. 

large.rsz_img_20200522_150023.jpg

Some of the bigger ones are a few sour diesels, cheese and amnesia xxls and a white widow or 2. Planting out monday morning. Earliest sprouted 13th May so they should be between 10-12 days old on mon 25th. A few roots have reached the bottoms of the pots so wanna get these out soon. 

The good thing about the jiffy pots other than ease of plant out is it makes watering easier. Easy to tell when the pots are dry and light and just leave them standing in a tray with a few inches of water for 10/15 mins to soak it all up evenly. Never have an issue with overwatering/droopy leaves after watering as I do sometimes when watering from the top. 

• Like 1