Dinafem garden lockdown 2020

PermanentWaves

On 01/06/2020 at 8:21 PM, PermanentWaves said:

Thanks, @Dinafem-Mark - hope you’re doing well :hippy:

I'm doing quite well mate, thanks for asking  :yep:

As well as can be expected in this mayhem :)

All the best :bong:

Mark..

• Like 1

Hi, everyone - hope you’re all ok. Well, this weather’s a bit crap, isn’t it? I thought I’d switched my greenhouse heater off for the last time this summer, but it’s coming out for an encore. I’m sure it’s welcome for our guerilla growers, but I wish it would warm up a bit.

Anyway, I’m starting off this week with my White Widow Auto. About a month ago, I was on the verge of dumping this girl in the compost heap. She was twisted, had yellow, curled leaves and stunted growth. Then she was attacked by a snail or slug. It didn’t look good, but I thought I’d give her a chance to see if she could recover.

The three weeks of solid sunshine has done her a world of good. She’s actually growing and has almost doubled in height. She has some nice new growth on top and lots of flowers are now developing. I might get some bud out if the old girl yet. Her lower leaves are still a mess, but at least the new growth is a bit healthier and there are plenty of pistils. She’s still not the healthiest plant ever but it’s a huge improvement. Let’s hope she keeps going.

large.C0DFD3BF-F60C-4C3D-916F-22CEC6186A22.jpeglarge.91326FFC-4B8E-4229-901E-348DA8F65870.jpeg

My other three girls have stretched like mad. They are all about the same height now and nearly touching the lower greenhouse roof panes. There’s plenty of flower growth so looking good so far. The Bubba Auto is on the left; Gorilla Auto in the middle, and the OG Kush Auto on the right. The OGK has seen the biggest growth, even though she’s over a week younger than the Gorilla. All four have just been fed plain water this week. I’m still plagued by aphids, though - is anyone else having problems with them this year? There seem to be a lot more about and they seem to love ganja leaves. The OGK and Bubba have nice wide Indica leaves, but the Gorilla’s leaves are much slender.

large.D72B71D9-1D18-41E2-92D1-5AA104DD4CE1.jpeg

Here’s some of the flower growth on the Gorilla and OGK...when I open the greenhouse door first thing, there’s a definite pungency that hits you now.

large.5AD0A17D-4751-47AD-ADB5-1AEEE04104B8.jpeglarge.1313CAFF-B22D-444F-A69C-3BAF2CAB6AC3.jpeg

The forecast here for the rest of the week looks grim - lots of rain, although warming up a little - so they’ll probably end up spending the rest of the week in the greenhouse. That’s another update done - stay safe everyone xx

• Like 5

On 08/06/2020 at 6:44 PM, PermanentWaves said:

The forecast here for the rest of the week looks grim - lots of rain, although warming up a little - so they’ll probably end up spending the rest of the week in the greenhouse. That’s another update done - stay safe everyone xx

This last week has been dire weather wise :(

So glad you've got the Greenhouse to give a bit of protection  :yep:

Thanks for this week's outdoor updates  :cheers:

Mark..

• Like 3

Hi, everyone - another week gone and a little update. Thank the lord it’s warmed up a little. Sunshine and showers here for the next week, which isn’t too bad and will be really welcome for all you outdoor growers.

All four of my autos are loving the warmth. My OG Kush Auto is now the biggest auto I have ever grown (not that I’ve grown that many), but I can’t believe how tall she is. She’s now having to sit in the middle of the greenhouse at night where there’s the most height. I’m 5ft 10in, and she comes up to my chin. She’s showing lots of buds, which get bigger by the day. She hasn’t got that much aroma yet, although I’m sure that will change in a week.

The Gorilla Auto is packing on the flowers now. I’m getting a faint aroma of ripened fruit from her buds, which is lovely. I love it when they lose the pungent, sharp leafy smell and start smelling soft and fruity. I get even more excited when those buds start getting frosty as you can see below. Her leaves are very Sativa-like so it’ll be interesting to see how she smokes.

large.3DE0D4BE-624B-4570-B8A6-E785C55F445A.jpeg

Here’s a random shot of I think the Bubba Kush Auto. She’s a little behind the other two, although her buds are starting to swell in this sunny weather. She’s also very tall.

large.EE0917C5-9D51-4B15-A0E5-3B573817EF74.jpeg

Here’s a shot of all of them, although they are extremely well camouflaged against the background so not the best photo. You can just about make out the giant OGK back left.
large.85397E1C-6109-4E5B-B825-1D3FB316D26E.jpeg

The White Widow Auto has now doubled in size - unbelievable when you compare her to a month ago. She’s showing lots of buds on her upper leaves - not so many underneath so hopefully I’ll be able to harvest something. You can see her in the group photo above, bottom right. She’s the same age as the Gorilla to the left, although you would never think it.

large.3202B73E-9FE2-4059-9A8E-8C80B7E7035B.jpeg

I hope everyone’s plants are doing well in this improved weather. Fingers’ crossed there will be some spectacular thunderstorms this week with plenty of warm sunshine to get this season well and truly going. Stay safe everyone xx

• Like 10

Thanks - yes, just goes to show how resilient these plants are. How many plants have we chucked over the years when they might have survived? I’ll never kill another plant again!

• Like 2

the greenhouse ones are monsters mate, to think they were started in mid april too, you would expect them to be a bit smaller and be further into bud. With the longer days right now they will be maximising even more. I do find those fabric pots work the best for auto's

• Like 2

Thanks, @geo1 - I’ve always used fabric pots and had good results. Yours look really good as well. The OGK and Bubba are really tall - definitely the tallest autos I have grown so far, but the buds have started to fill out a lot more in the last week or so. I think the cooler, damp weather slowed them down a little bit, but they soon get going when the sun comes out. With the hot weather forecast this week, they should crack on a bit.

• Like 3

Hey, everyone - hope you’re all doing well. A quick update today for what should be a scorching week. It’s nice to see the sun again after a miserable wet week. Temperatures here are expected to be nearly 30 deg so I don’t think I’ll be needing the greenhouse.

All the girls are doing well. The Gorilla Auto is smelling divine - it’s like an earthy fruit bowl; so sweet. Here she is in all her frosty goodness. You can see a few of her pistils are starting to brown off. I think I reported her first pistils the week of 24 May, so she’s four weeks into flower. Her leaves are very thin - you’d think she was a Sativa, but at least the air will get to her flowers. She’s pretty frosty already - imagine what she’ll be like in another month. Yum!

large.66624654-107E-457E-8B90-6000C6FDC161.jpeg

My humungous OG Kush Auto’s flowers are fattening up lovely now. She’s about as tall as me (I’m 5ft 10) so hopefully that’s her growth spurt done. All that energy should now be focussed on her buds. Smell-wise, she’s very similar to the Gorilla - just a lovely, soft fruity odour. 

large.166F3749-83DF-4516-BCBE-323E7D8DC2DD.jpeg

So who’s this leafy goddess showing off all her flowers? Yes, it’s this year’s winner of Survival - the White Widow Auto! What a recovery. You go, girl!

large.F047EB63-A5CA-405E-B59E-9DF544E9644A.jpeg

In this photo are the Gorilla, OGK, and Bubba Auto. If you can make any of them out, you’ve got better eyesight than me. The Bubba is doing well - a little bit behind the OGK (germinated at the same time) but showing plenty of flowers and very tall as well.

large.64C54DA1-1A64-46A0-8CD7-BCC5975C2463.jpeg

So that’s it for another week. Enjoy the mini heatwave and stay safe, everyone xx

• Like 7

20 hours ago, PermanentWaves said:

So that’s it for another week. Enjoy the mini heatwave and stay safe, everyone xx

I think a bit of sun will be welcomed after the rain storms we've has this past few week :(

Those autos are impressive this season mate :yep:

Photoperiod don't look to bad either  :headbang:

Looking good in here  :cheers:

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark

Looking great @PermanentWaves. Yes it looks like this week could be the hot one for sure. Have you thought about a CBD plant? I grew 2 the other year both from Dinafem. OG Kush and a Cheese CBD. After a long cure they are very good indeed. A also grew their Purple Orange but it gave us (and a few friends) the heebees. Not sure why though as it was a 5%/5% split. I am awaiting some Ice Cool and Green Poison CBD beans this week, both from Sweet Seeds, and will start a diary so you can see what's what.

Good luck with the heat this week they will love it !!

• Like 2