Dinafem garden lockdown 2020

PermanentWaves

Hi, everyone - hope you’re all doing well and keeping safe. It’s that time of the year again. Can’t believe it’s come round so fast. I’ve spent the last few weeks tidying up the greenhouse, checking supplies and I’m just about ready to get growing again. All we need is some decent weather this year. There was far too much mouldy stress for everyone last year.

In a selfish way, I’m hoping the lockdown stays in place most of the summer - it’ll make growing in the garden a little easier without the threat of someone popping round.

Anyway, I’ve had a dilemma this year in what to grow. I had a lovely selection of seeds from @Dinafem-Mark. After last year, I thought I’d go down the auto route. My plan is four strains and I’ll plant two maybe next weekend, and the other two the week after to stagger them a little. I might throw in a Shark Shock CBD as it’s been sitting in my cupboard since last year and I’ve not tried any CBD strains. This will be the only photo seed I’ll do, but I’ll leave it for a few weeks before I decide.

So here’s my 2020 line up:

OG Kush Auto

White Widow Auto

Gorilla Auto

Bubba Kush Auto

As you can tell, I love my Indicas!

large.FB2D34A0-F992-4D93-8C82-7B663E7A9E34.jpeg

The weather is supposed to be turning cooler next week, so I’ll probably pop the first two in soil next weekend, and the other two the weekend after.

I had a significant birthday a few weeks ago and my lovely hubby bought me my first bong, so I can’t wait to get these girls ground up in it. 

Anyway, I’ll be following everyone’s diaries again this year. Good luck to you all - this is the best growing forum on the planet so your advice and support is much appreciated.

Stay safe x

large.ACB0A992-6B0A-4B67-AB1E-B9FCF96B1D95.jpeg

• Like 11

6 hours ago, starbud said:

Nice...will you also be trying so short flowering fems too?

Hi - not this year. My greenhouse will be short on space if we get rubbish weather. 

• Like 4

@PermanentWaves Best of luck with your 2020 outdoor adventure  :yep:

It's going to be one very different season this year. Different than anything we've faced before :)

Bring it on  :headbang:

All the best :bong:

Mark..

• Like 2

I know, I know. I’m weak, but the temptation was too great. With beautiful warm weather, and watching hubby starting all his vegetable seeds over the Easter weekend, I couldn’t wait a week and decided to plant a couple of my seeds on Saturday. No wet paper towels for me. The Gorilla and White Widow autos went straight into some damp Canna Seedling soil on Saturday. This morning I discovered the Gorilla girl had decided to emerge overnight. And today, the White Widow has slowly been emerging from her cocoon and is just about there as well. Both are now in the greenhouse enjoying the spring sun today. Hopefully by tomorrow, White Widow Twanky will have spread her leaves properly.

large.A1C0266C-74B7-4F5F-9730-A71E75CD2055.jpeg

So that’s two down and two to go. The Bubba Kush and OG Kush (aka, the Kushdashians) will be planted this weekend.

That’s all for now - stay safe everyone x

• Like 8

1 hour ago, PermanentWaves said:

I know, I know. I’m weak, but the temptation was too great. With beautiful warm weather, and watching hubby starting all his vegetable seeds over the Easter weekend, I couldn’t wait a week and decided to plant a couple of my seeds on Saturday. No wet paper towels for me. The Gorilla and White Widow autos went straight into some damp Canna Seedling soil on Saturday. This morning I discovered the Gorilla girl had decided to emerge overnight. And today, the White Widow has slowly been emerging from her cocoon and is just about there as well. Both are now in the greenhouse enjoying the spring sun today. Hopefully by tomorrow, White Widow Twanky will have spread her leaves properly.

large.A1C0266C-74B7-4F5F-9730-A71E75CD2055.jpeg

So that’s two down and two to go. The Bubba Kush and OG Kush (aka, the Kushdashians) will be planted this weekend.

That’s all for now - stay safe everyone x

We have lift off ;)

Time to get this season started  :yep:

Stay safe out there :)

All the best :bong:

Mark..

• Like 4

On 15/04/2020 at 8:41 PM, PermanentWaves said:

Cheers, @Dinafem-Mark. Hope you are the family are ok

I'm keeping well mate, thanks for asking  ;)

Staying home and trying to keep safe  :yep:

Hope your keeping well in these crazy times? 

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 3

On 10/04/2020 at 6:18 PM, PermanentWaves said:

Hi - not this year. My greenhouse will be short on space if we get rubbish weather. 

Good luck anyway ...I used to do it all. G/house, outdoor in perfect positions on my own land, indoor...I was obsesssed. I just do a bit of indoor these days as I cant do OD properly anymore due to various reasons - none bad, its just not possible unforetunately. But I miss my G/house, just for the deck chair in the middle for chilling mainly, but getting amongst the plants and big plants too - is a truly pleasureable experience, and in the UK, sitting outside either needs a jumper, or a G/house for comfortable temps haha...

Will be seeing how you do...and looking for your deck chair!

• Like 4

Hi, everyone - hope you’re all doing well and enjoying this fantastic weather.

Just a little update from me. My White Widow and Gorilla Autos are about a week old now. This weather is always tricky for seedlings - hot sun during the day and freezing cold at night. The girls are put under a plastic cover at night, which is then covered with garden fleece to keep out the cold. You then have to be careful during the day with the sun, but so far they seem to growing well. Even though the White Widow germinated a day after the Gorilla, she is the slightly bigger seedling.

large.46CC012F-BB95-491A-8ADB-3E6C06890200.jpeg

I planted the two Kushdashian girls on Saturday and by clockwork they had both germinated by yesterday morning. The OG Kush Auto is the first out of the gate. She’s in the greenhouse this morning enjoying her first bit of light.

large.9E7AA1B4-B687-4494-92B9-769CC311EF93.jpeg

Had a slight issue with the Bubba Kush Auto as her seed casing was firmly stuck all day yesterday. I decided to try the old spit and warm water method and late last night her seed casing had fallen off (as you can see in the photo). This morning, though, her leaves still haven’t unfurled. I’ll leave her for another day or so to see if she can recover. If not, I’ll plant another seed. Hopefully she’ll be strong enough to get those leaves out today.

large.3F5AAB75-D49A-46BB-A202-F3C3B064F04E.jpeg

So that’s about enough greenhouse excitement for today. Thanks for all your comments - the White Widow isn’t the XL version, although I hope she grows that size. It’s great seeing everyone’s plants and plots getting going. Have a safe week, everyone xx

• Like 5

Quick update: After a closer look, the brown spot you can see on the Bubba above was the last remnant of the seed casing, preventing the leaves from unfurling. With tweezers, I managed to carefully remove it. She is much more happy now.

large.B75C675F-7244-420C-8CDB-7ACCFECD849D.jpeg

• Like 6