Brown bags and recommendations on clip jars

Subliminal Criminal

After the drying rack I use the biggest Primark brown bags available (the ones with handles) for a few days then into 4 litre Kilners with new seals every few crops.

Dan

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I had a read through this thread - Interesting

I planned on using coffee jars - and was wondering if a standard size - around 500ml - is OK for curing?

I have x4 of them - Or if larger size is recommended?

Was interested to hear about leaks - as trying to be stealthy, and anything to stop smells would be welcome - So prepaarecto by a bigger/better Jar(s) if called for.

It's my first grow (x4 Autos Outdoor) and I have no idea what to expect yield wise.

I bought Boveda 62% RH packs BEFORE reading this thread - But have some cheap hyrometers too.

Liked the tip on Primark bags ,and Potato sacks on the Brown Paper side.

Pretty much anything but a decent pantry jar will leak a bit of smell and be unsuitable for long term storage so buy some good quality ones, screw tops are best IME Always hard to guess what weight you'll end up with on an outdoor grow, especially with autos anywhere from 5g to 5 ounces a plant lol order a few now and then you can gauge if you need more when they're drying out, buds do shrink a bit as they dry, but not a huge amount. Best of luck with the season mate. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

Pretty much anything but a decent pantry jar will leak a bit of smell and be unsuitable for long term storage so buy some good quality ones, screw tops are best IME Always hard to guess what weight you'll end up with on an outdoor grow, especially with autos anywhere from 5g to 5 ounces a plant lol order a few now and then you can gauge if you need more when they're drying out, buds do shrink a bit as they dry, but not a huge amount. Best of luck with the season mate. 

?

Thanks - Was looking at the Clip-tops - But will broaden search to Screw-tops too :yep:

PS. Is it the Two-Part Screw Lids I'm looking for? @MindSoup

Edited by MJMan
Question

Brown bags... why didn't I try them sooner? :headpain:

Just had a lovely dry of 18 days, 60-70% RH the whole time, all fan leaves left on for 14 days then de-stemmed and into brown bags before any snapping feel. After three days in the bags it's beautifully even - crisp on the outside but with some give and tackiness. You can pull a piece off and stick it back on. It's a frickin' revelation :) 

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, MJMan said:

PS. Is it the Two-Part Screw Lids I'm looking for?

They're the best yeah, but I get om fine with the single piece ones. Bought some made Bromilio rocco recently and they seem decent enough. If you hold the button down while you screw them on you can feel the vacuum  it forms when opening them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

They're the best yeah, but I get om fine with the single piece ones. Bought some made Bromilio rocco recently and they seem decent enough. If you hold the button down while you screw them on you can feel the vacuum  it forms when opening them. 

This type?large_Jar.png

• Like 1

That looks like the ones yeah, they where fairly cheap and are decent enough. I've had mine 6 months or so and the seem up to the task. 

• 2 months later...

large.6122a5df9e0d6__20210822_202109(1).JPGlarge.6122a5e0b3a31__20210822_201954(1).JPGlarge.6125556026c45__20210824_211532(1).JPGlarge.6118e411dcd98__20210815_104239(1).JPG

This crop from a sweet seeds multi strain grow.

All in bormioli jars. 5 litre, 2 litre and 1 lite jars.

I have some probe hygrometers / thermometers

The 5 litre jars is for bubble hash etc.

No bovedas this time. I brown bagged for a day

because the flowers were a bit damp at first.

Subs

• Like 2