The Sweetie Cupboard Part 2

Openairbud

Hello and welcome to my Sweetseeds Diary for 2020.

Firstly thanks to @Sweet Seeds-tommy @Sweet Seeds -Jaypp  @Sweet Seeds Apolo and all at sweetseeds for running this competition, it is good fun whilst also making me up my growing game which I'll be honest, is needed at times lol

I grow in a small insulated cupboard 450mm x 450mm x 1.4m situated in my garage. 

My light will be a 150watt cmh on a scrap yard reflector, on 24hours to keep temps steady. I may use a lower powered led rig to start.

A 4" rvk pulls through a scorpion filter with passive intake. I have a temperature controlled variac, built using a guide on uk420. This runs the fan at a set speed on the dial, until temps get too hot, at which point the fan kicks in to full speed. When temps drop too low, the controller turns on 2 tubes heaters. I preset a temp and my cupboard stays within a couple of degrees of this throughout the grow.I also have a heat mat on a separate controller, to keep roots warm. 

Here is the cupboard: 

large.20200107_211217-1857x2476.jpglarge.20200107_211358-1857x2476.jpg

The plan is to grow 2 plants, a Gelato auto and a Honey Peach cbd auto. They were bought last year using points accrued during the last competition.

They have been given 24 hours in egg cups of water and will be started in small pots. Then potted on around 10 days from sprouting, into 6.5litre pots of plagron light. Never used it before but it was given to me by a friend so thought why not. I might add some ecothrive charge to the finals, and some mycorrhizal fungi at pot up. 

Feed will be Biobizz fishmix and Bloom, with some seaweed here and there and Epsom salt when needed.

Very best of luck everyone! :yinyang:

(Update coming up)

• Like 21

Heres the official strain descriptions:

Sweet Gelato Auto

5th generation autoflowering strain. Autoflowering version of one of the most powerful and famous American lines, coming from the San Francisco Bay (California): Gelato (Sunset Sherbet x Girl Scout Cookies “Thin Mint”) is one of the most appreciated exponents of the Cookies family, featuring excellent aroma and high production of THC.

In order to introduce the autoflowering genes in Sweet Gelato Auto® (SWS76) we used our Killer Kush Auto (SWS56) which was itself developed with OG Kush genetics.

The result is an autoflowering genetic featuring sweet and fruity aroma with a strong Kush presence, including earthy and woody tones leaning to dried fruit (hazelnuts) and soft touches of mint and citrus.

This plant develops dense buds with high production of big-sized trichomes.

Data Sheet

Variety SWS76
Indica: 44,2% / Sativa: 55% / Ruderalis: 0,8%
THC: 18-23% · CBD: 0,1%

Honey Peach Auto CBD

5th Generation autoflowering strain featuring high levels of Cannabidiol (CBD). This strain is the result of the cross between a selection of our best autoflowering strains with sweet and fruity aromas and a photoperiod dependent clone rich in CBD.

The THC:CBD ratio of this CBD-rich strain stands between 1:1 and 1:1,5.

CBD-rich autoflowering strain with exceptional organoleptic qualities (taste and aroma). Sweet and fruity scents, with peach tones, complemented with a touch of lemon and cypress.

The flowering time of this strain is very short and the plants are ready to harvest only 8 weeks after the germination of the seeds.

The plants produce hard and compact buds with abundant resin. This strain shows a mainly Indica structure with long and resistant side branches that emerge out of a strong stem.

Data Sheet

Variety SWS64
Indica: 70% / Sativa: 29,2% / Ruderalis: 0,8%
THC: 6-9% · CBD: 7-12%
THC:CBD Ratio: (1:1-1:1,5)

Here they are taking a bath a day or so ago;

large.20200115_210603-1857x2476.jpg

24hours after they had started to split so were put in pots with a splash of water in a prop;large.20200115_215144-1857x2476.jpg

and put in the cupboard, temperature inside the prop is around 24c large.20200115_215955-1857x2476.jpg

There are some chilli seeds sown in pots in there also, I'm hoping the extra damp medium will help keep humidity up. 

That's all for now, fingers crossed there will be some life to show next time :)

• Like 15

Nice setup openairbud. This one I am very interested in. Are you using the 6.5L pots as your finals? Best of luck with the grow.  

• Like 6

Was amazed with your results from this set up last comp mate so looking forward to seeing you work your wonders again. Best of luck dude :yep:

• Like 4

On 1/17/2020 at 8:17 PM, Exhale said:

Hi @Openairbud this is great little space to fill with plants, I look forward to seeing you make the most of it!

Good luck with the competition mate. :yep:

On 1/17/2020 at 8:23 PM, ROCKSTEADY6 said:

Nice setup openairbud. This one I am very interested in. Are you using the 6.5L pots as your finals? Best of luck with the grow.  

On 1/17/2020 at 8:32 PM, InTheSystem said:

Nice one mate. Very good use of the space, interested to see how this goes. Best of luck with it :yep:

On 1/17/2020 at 11:34 PM, vortex said:

lovely looking growroom mate ....  be nice to see it full of buds ahhh ?

On 1/18/2020 at 10:20 AM, AustrianTokker said:

Very compact and stealthy looking set up.  I like it!  Good luck with this grow. :v:

On 1/18/2020 at 4:39 PM, jadenugs said:

Was amazed with your results from this set up last comp mate so looking forward to seeing you work your wonders again. Best of luck dude :yep:

Thanks very much for the well wishes everyone! Yea 6.5s will be finals, if both make it there, otherwise it will be 1 in a 11 litre bucket :skin_up: 

Typical the temperature had to drop just as I'm trying to germ! The honey peach has made it above ground, and I can just see the start of the gelato emerging so I've turned on 39 watts of led to get them a bit of light, and a touch more warmth.

Inside the prop had dropped to 22c, but has since edged back up to 24. I will need to get the 150cmh on them soon to keep temps sweet.  I have opened the vent on the prop, and will slowly lose the lid altogether over the next few days, to acclimatise the seedlings.

Here is a picture from yesterday.  Can just make out gelato starting to emerge. The shell dropped off HP on it's own but there was some membrane still holding leaves together so I very gently teased that off.

large.20200119_194841-2012x2683.jpg

Till next time take it easy all. :yinyang:

• Like 11

All the best with you grow in the Sweetie Cupboard, looking forward to seeing the sweeties :)

Is that Red Dome an automatic fire extinguisher ? I have to get one.

• Like 5

Thank you shire, yes it is an auto extinguisher, from simply extinguishers, about £30 for a 1kg version I think. There were various other sizes also :) Its got to be worth having one I reckon. 

Here is the cab this evening:

large.20200121_200159-2012x2683.jpglarge.20200121_200224-2012x2683.jpg

Trying the lid off for a bit. Had it open at one end all day. Both little ones are looking ok so far. 

The compost is still moist enough so they have had nothing since the seeds were plonked in. I'm warming some water in readiness :yinyang:

• Like 8

thats a proper nice tidy space for a couple of autos ..should do very well in here ..

@McHazy safe for the wooden spoon playoffs ...not got a third contender for the mucky bugger award .

• Like 4

Great to see the sweetie cupboard running again in the contest @Openairbud - I remember really enjoying what you did in there last year, impressively efficient. And also great to see we have a strain in common again - last year we both did Crystal Candy Auto, and this year I am growing a Sweet Gelato Auto like you. Good luck :yep:

• Like 4