Sweet Seeds Gorilla Girl - Golfs Diary

golf.007

Thanks dude @tokenroll will be interesting to hear your comparison on the two:yinyang:.

Both plants have now been potted up into their final 8 litre autopot pots.

I have put a good inch of balls in the bottom of both pots,

large.IMG_5018.JPG

Roots before potting up.

large.IMG_5017.JPG

Just plain canna coco with a light dusting of charge for this run.

large.IMG_5016.JPG

They Have just been watered in with,

2.5 ml/litre of GA grow

2.5ml/litre of GA trace elements

2.5ml/litre of GA root tonic

So the plants are now in the flower box enjoying their last full day before 12/12 tomorrow. The plan is to hand water until the plants throw enough roots down over the next two weeks during stretch then put them in the autopot trays, judging by how prolific root growth seems to be on these I don't think it will be long.

Atb Golf

• Like 15

Day 5 and both plants have shown pistols, decided to super crop them to try get some side stems going on.

Here they are before,

large.IMG_5042.JPG

large.IMG_5043.JPG

large.IMG_5044.JPG

and after the super cropping

large.IMG_5045.JPG

large.IMG_5047.JPG

large.IMG_5046.JPG

I suspect they will be straight again tomorrow but hay ho. The striped stemmed gorilla is teasing me that it may be a colourful girl in time to come.

atb

golf.

• Like 12

36 minutes ago, golf.007 said:

I suspect they will be straight again tomorrow but hay ho.

They always do don't they, even when you tie them down they soon curl around and come up, If I supercrop I normally revisit the same part and a few more pinches will form a knuckle usually better than when you tie them down after the first pinch.

Looking fantastic in here mate, they look like a good SoG plant not much sidebranching you might have to top them?

• Like 4

All looking good.  Just a little surprised how little side branching they are developing.  What sort of light are you using?

• Like 5

use something to tie them down mate, it will keep em in line, and the side branching will soon show.

I use electrical cable, strip it and use the inner cores, drill a small hole on edge of pot and hook em in.

plants looking good so far man, keep it up...

• Like 7

5 hours ago, golf.007 said:

Hello @AustrianTokker, I'm using a 400w hps, think the lack of branching may be down to me throwing them in 12/12 before they have sexually matured but not to sure.

atb

Yes, that might be the cause...  and badbillybob is also right.  you will achieve more with some LST. ;)

• Like 5

Wow wee @golf.007 . Plants are flying along ,healthy and stealthy ,and nice bit of prostrate training . I always do the same ,it's a habit now . Strangely though and after wounding plants for years ,just lately I had one that didn't take to the bending and kinking so well and the stem went, well , canker-ish and spread . I was surprised ,they always recovered . 

All the best ,lots of great reports about Gorilla girl . Keeping a cut for sure . :skin_up:

Edited by Michael Luchóg
  • Like 5

A little update at day 12 and both plants are going great. They are now as from today in the autopot trays and drinking bloom nutrients at a strength of

2.5ml/litre GA bloom 

2.5ml/litre GA extra traces 

large.IMG_5084.JPG

Both plants now looking and growing very similar yet different on the stem rub, right plant is very fruity and the left sweet.

Atb

golf

• Like 14

• 2 weeks later...

Day 28 flower, both plants pilling the sugar on and giving out some hints of fruit, seem to have one quite chunky plant and the other slightly behind which seems to have longer thinner flowers. 

I had to supercrop the top of the right plant as it ended up growing so tall.

large.IMG_5135.JPG

large.IMG_5134.JPG

large.IMG_5133.JPG

atb

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...