Water pump

Adz15978

Nice one for sharing this @Slippy One

I got one of these, yet to try it out...  Obviously soldering in the Makita charger housing would be best, but in a pinch this also works... 

large.IMG_5073.jpg

And as I'm a cheapskate might try and get some little crimp connectors for the ends of the wire and just do it this way...  Also means can use with other batteries...

In the mean time, buying this pump seems to have bought some rain so may be a few days till trying it out... Will report back in here how I get on...  Seems like a decent, well made bit of kit so far...  cheers 

• Like 2

@Amarillo slimI’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who bought a pump, which brakes the karma of drought. I was going to water tomorrow but I’m just gonna chill now.. :yep: 

• Like 3

@Erbman Tyou won’t regret it, especially if you have a few 5ah batteries. Small but powerful. I’m thinking of buying a 2nd one.. lol 

• Like 2

Just now, Slippy One said:

I’m thinking of buying a 2nd one

Yeah man got for cash from B&Q.. thinking to buy more hoses so can leave a few around 

not sure if I will attempt a bodge mod like you did.. may do or may buy more batteries .. 

Already thought of possible multiple applications .. hopefully save me carrying heavy water supplies down long foliage tunnels.. hard enough without the water 

good call 

• Like 1

For all S.E growers, it's parched out there. You might get lucky with damp spots planted early, but there's a few of us still planting and not a drop of rain forecast, we really need some decent few days worth soon. 

If more growers buy a pump, that'll help reverse the drought karma. 

This pic is a field that is usually 7 foot nettles by now...

large.62c368ab82d49_image_6483441(2).JPG

• Like 5

Great bit of kit these pumps slippy, pulls up an embankment and through 50M of hose no problems...  Probably about half of full tap pressure coming out, doesn't take long to fill up a 25L barrel from. And did a fair few of those off half a 5ah battery.  Nice silent operation...

large.IMG_5120.jpg

• Like 7

@Amarillo slimthey’re pretty amazing right? You’d never know how powerful it is just looking at it. Your battery hack and bunny cage for silt river protection is genius! How high is the embankment? Factory says 2.7m, which is what mine is. Keep the hose on site and everything fits into a backpack. It’s looking like a dry summer, which is usually followed by a wet autumn. :( 

• Like 3