Revegging a flowered plant

Didn't know people still did 'flushing'? at the best of times it achieves the grand total of not alot, but in this case your simply going to have a saturated root ball, with a massively reduced top that won't stand a chance of transpiring the excess water. Re-vegging plants are particularly sensitive to over watering.  

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 4

@Amarillo slim aye, many do...most of my mates still think starving your plants for weeks is benificial somehow, one of my mates grows in hydro and still starves his plants for 3-4 weeks thinking yellow somehow means they are better.

I think this change of mindset is one of the many improvements I've learned from being a member on here

• Like 5

I have done a bit revegging and find the best method for me is to cut the root ball down so it fits in a 1-2 litre pot leaving a little space to backfill with soil/coco. I just throw them in a corner of my veg cab under a 125cfl and water when dried out.

atb

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

well i can say vince was right i left all 3 in their pots they have received just water and been on 24hr light and 2 of them showing new growth.

one did bite the dust though that was my fault trimmed a bit hard lol

will leave them on 24hr till the weekend then give em a very light seaweed feed hopefully try and sort somewhere to put at least one to keep as a mum because the smoke is fantastic old school hash in bud form lol

• Like 1

I regenerated this Critical Mass CBD clone from 6 or 7 weeks into flowering.

Cut off flowering clone, rooted in a cup of water. This is a couple of months later.

large.budded-clone-regenerate-400.jpg

You can see the remnants of the old budding sites and the somewhat thin spindly branches which grow afterwards.

• Like 4

the 2 that are revegging were flowering clones taken at 3 weeks if i remember right.

didnt have much luck with clones till i used the guide in here then took 4 in flower and 3 took, 4-5 weeks veg and a lot of lst and each had about a dozen tops.

after about a week of 12/12  was seeing pistols and 2 weeks they were already plastered in trics.

so it may have been only my second proper grow but this thing smokes lovely smells like a old school hash :smokin:

• Like 2

Cloning is easy once you get a few under your belt.

Once you know you can take clones off plants way into flowering it takes away the unease.

Its important to clone because you never know what that phenotype could turn out like.

Also, I like growing from seed but find I always yield a lot more with clones, mostly because you already have an idea of how they grow at that point.

Sometimes, you find a personal keeper and its easy to do a mono clone crop which always turn out great.

Not done that for ages. More for the cash croppers but nice IF you have something special and you'd like to put some away for a rainy day.

• Like 2

Just to echo what everyone else is saying. Go for it :yep:

Take a cutting and root as normal, you will get some weird freaky growth for 2 or 3 weeks then it will be fine and grow as normal. Any small buds on the cutting will just dry up and die off.

• Like 1

Done it a few times, like the freaky leafs in the beginning. 

Usually it takes 10 days to 2 weeks before I see a change. 

The best thing about it to me because I'm height restricted, is that they grow extremely bushy, sometimes even to the point of having to cut stalks away in the middle to prevent poor airflow. 

When I grow out a new strain and I'm looking for a keeper I flower them and take clones somewhere at week 3 or 4 of 12/12.

Mainly the two little underdeveloped stalks on the bottom so I've got 2 clones of each plant. 

They clone easier then the more mature ones higher up but usually already have a little bud site going on. 

Still I've found them to almost clone just as fast as a clone from veg. 

Hope it goes in fast for ye mate , gl! 

• Like 1

it took me longer to reveg than it did to clone, root and get the clone plant back to the flowering stage than it did to sort the plant out i cropped and revegged.

I knew someone who instead would take the older bud off the plant, never cut the heads and kept the plant 12/12. hed had one for several months what just had 4- 6 arms several inch of bud on the ends and he kept taking a smoke from the base of the buds. how long the plant would do this for ive no idea but hed had that one 6-7months i saw. But it was some old sativa genetics and very long flowering period.

well it worked a treat lol

just over 2 weeks ago i chopped em,i've just taken them out of these pots and pit them in smaller ones with some fresh compost and a good drink lol

large.IMG_0021.JPGlarge.IMG_0020.JPGlarge.IMG_0019.JPG

large.IMG_0018.JPG

• Like 12