Revegging a flowered plant

Alreet dudes, anyone have a rough time frame on revegging a flowered plant?  I've got one little beauty that looks like potential fire.  She was only small but finished in 55 days, which makes up for the size in my mind.  Would it take a full two months of vegging light cycle to get her to reveg?

large.frosty.jpg

It'd be a shame to let her go but if it takes too long it may not be worth while.

I had to do this with one of mine, it wasn't that bad.  I put mine under 24 hour T5 light, she threw out some fucked up leaves first then regular growth started soon after (that's when I went back to 18/6).  Memory is a bit wooly on this, but I think it was only a week or two to start seeing something.

Good luck mate, def worth doing if you found a keeper :)

• Like 1

Cool @unity, thanks for the input.  A pal who is a solid grower reckons I could be at clone-taking stage in around five weeks, so it sounds like its worth a punt.  I'll be keeping her alive at least until I've had a sample, which I won't be doing for a few weeks, so I'll be half way there anyway.  No brainer.  Cheers dude.

45 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

Whats the state of the lowers? got any branches that aren't so much in flower?

Fraid not. Fully baked real quick this lass. I've got a fridge full of beans and a tight time scale too, so it will have to be a stellar smoke for the hassle. 

can i ask is reveging a plant just a matter of switching from 12/12 back to say 18/6 ?

would i have to repot it or anything?

im a complete newcomer to growing so sorry if questions sound a bit stupid lol

1 hour ago, FatBoy77 said:

Fraid not. Fully baked real quick this lass. I've got a fridge full of beans and a tight time scale too, so it will have to be a stellar smoke for the hassle. 

Ah fair, sometimes if the lowers are not so developed you can turn them around quicker, if you decide the plants worth rev-egging before its fully cooked so much the better and ive been taking cuttings in as little as 3 weeks...  But in your situation the 5-6 week is more likely and then theres no promise of being able to take multiple healthy cuttings ready fo the next grow straight away...  So unless the plant is exceptional or you want to test her in other environments then I probably wouldn't bother...  

Trimming root balls too severely can cause failure, if a smaller plant in a small pot already can simply just change nutes and light cycle.  24 hour blue light with stable non extreme conditions. Carful not to over or under water.

• Like 2

thanks for the replies and sorry to hijack the op's thread it's just i have seen a lot of talking about revegging a plant but couldnt find out how to do it.

i just popped some old seed so might try and reveg one of the hindu kush clones i have in flower (about a week or 2 left)to go alongside the old seed experiment lol 

1 hour ago, murphyblue said:

can i ask is reveging a plant just a matter of switching from 12/12 back to say 18/6 ?

would i have to repot it or anything?

im a complete newcomer to growing so sorry if questions sound a bit stupid lol

better to put the reveg stump into 24/0 for a week ,to trigger the veg hormones .if the plant has any auto or fast version genetics then 18/6 will be too slow and itll take about 3 weeks just to get a rooted cutting .

1 hour ago, j.a.g said:

You'll need to repot her in new soil and trim the size of the rootball by between a 1/3 and a  half,then is just a waiting game.

no not true ..best to leave the plant in its medium ,any shock during the first week reveg can affect the outcome ..best to harvest the plant ,flush with clean water ..then after a few days very mild seaweed solution or root stimulant .

but i never ever touch the roots at the crucial point ..once the plant has shown revegging leaves then its fairly safe to root trim or change medium ..

• Like 7

Even at harvest, I've saved plants by getting as much of the bud as possible and leaving as much leaf as possible.

Depending on what light you reveg under it will take maybe 3-5 weeks before you can get a clone off it. Leave it in its own pot and flush then add a medium dose of veg nutes.

Growth will actually start from the top of bud sites with thin scraggly branches but once there they grow fine and can be rooted like any other clone.

Be careful of mould.

• Like 2

I re vegged an absolutely delicious purps #1 a few years ago. Left it in the same pot with the same compost..left a few branches on after harvest It took about 2 weeks before I noticed anything. The following week there was new growth..then around 6 weeks I took cuttings. Imo its well worth it if you find something that's special. 

• Like 6
3 hours ago, Captain-Erb said:

I re vegged an absolutely delicious purps #1 a few years ago. Left it in the same pot with the same compost..left a few branches on after harvest It took about 2 weeks before I noticed anything. The following week there was new growth..then around 6 weeks I took cuttings. Imo its well worth it if you find something that's special. 

That is one reason I do not grow autos :)

Imagine ending up with some out of this world smoke/yield/resin and flavour and knowing once its gone its gone!

It would be like falling in love, with a time limit of 8 weeks or so. Then she or he dies on you!

I like to keep the lineage going if I find something nice.

Seed companies do not earn much cash from me.

• Like 4