Critically Quick!

Exhale

Hi all!

This is a diary of two firsts, my first diary here at UK420 and my first Dinafem diary.

Seeds arrived today, love the little tins!

large.20190813_184335-1182x665.jpg

Hoping for 100% germination so picked the 9 seeds I need for this quick Quick Critical+ grow and saved the 4 remaining seeds for another grow. I got some free Critical 2.0 seeds with my order as well so after this run there's sure to be a keeper found in the remaining beans as I loved the Bilbao in Barca.

large.20190813_163708-747x1328.jpg

I've dug out my seedling pots, popped up my prop tent and set everything up inside. I'm using Tropic Mix which is a 60/40 peat/coco potting mix set at 6.5pH, soaked the potting mix before burying the seeds and putting the lid on the prop, job done for now!

large.20190813_170432-1328x747.jpg

Edited by Owderb
  • Like 14

Working from my home office today, checked on the prop to see if it needs moistening and we have 1 showing already, not quite 48hrs from sowing yet!

• Like 2

@Exhale nice to start to your diary, im going to follow along to see how the Quick Critical + progresses.

All the best with the grow should be fun.

Toke...

• Like 3

Lunch time, decided to grab a photo of the first born, noticed a second also! 

1st

large.20190815_122242-456x327.jpg

2nd

large.20190815_122335-493x460.jpg

Quick by name quick by nature? 2/9 so far.

• Like 4

On 16/08/2019 at 9:01 AM, Exhale said:

Quick post this morning before work.

100% germination, that's what I like to see!

large.20190816_085053-1060x537.jpg

@Dinafem-Mark Game on.

Now that a great way to start your first ever UK420 and Dinafem grow  :yep:

100% germination just what we want to see :yep:

Let's get this Quick Critical adventure going :yep:

Off to a flying start  :headbang:

All the best  :bong:

Mark.. 

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

Day 10 from germination.

large.20190826_123734-2124x1195.jpg

Had a little problem over the weekend as I went away for a couple of days and the plants grew up into the T5 and singed a few leaves and the little one, 2nd in from right, really wilted. They all look fine for a glug of water and being lower down now.

@Leafneck @tokenroll @Dinafem-Mark

Thanks for dropping in guys, hope you all enjoy the rest of the bank holiday!

• Like 9

On 26/08/2019 at 1:00 PM, Exhale said:

Had a little problem over the weekend as I went away for a couple of days and the plants grew up into the T5 and singed a few leaves and the little one, 2nd in from right, really wilted. They all look fine for a glug of water and being lower down now.

Luckily it was only the t5 lighting mate and by the look of things not to effected  ;)

Give them a day or 2 and it will be as if it never happened  :yep:

Keep the updates coming mate :yep:

Mark..

• Like 2

Quick update

Was talking about a new Parabolic reflector secret jardin released here

I took a cheeky half day off work to clean up the flowering room and adjust my hooks and set up the 250w HPS in the new reflector, which only took a quick 5 minutes to assemble which is what we like in this diary! The video in the other thread does not lie, it puts down so much more light.

large.20190828_161415-1328x747.jpg

You can see the plants in the reflection there so that's the only photo i'm putting up today lol

Need to work on those creases. :skin_up:

• Like 6

On 28/08/2019 at 4:39 PM, Exhale said:

Quick update

Was talking about a new Parabolic reflector secret jardin released here

I took a cheeky half day off work to clean up the flowering room and adjust my hooks and set up the 250w HPS in the new reflector, which only took a quick 5 minutes to assemble which is what we like in this diary! The video in the other thread does not lie, it puts down so much more light.

large.20190828_161415-1328x747.jpg

You can see the plants in the reflection there so that's the only photo i'm putting up today lol

Need to work on those creases. :skin_up:

Nice new reflector for the ladies  ;)

Cool new addition mate :yep:

Mark..

• Like 2

Day 20 from germination.

Potted the girls into their final 3.5L pots on the 1st, I left them in their previous pots a few days too long so they stretched and yellowed slightly. Not a great start but I've been really busy, these have already started picking back up and there's roots showing at the bottom as of today.

Waiting for sex to show then I'll start flowering them.

Pic is slightly colour adjusted as I'm only able to work with the plants when the light is on ( timer is set to 20 hours on - 4  hours off ).

large.20190905_130850-1659x951.jpg

• Like 12

On 05/09/2019 at 1:28 PM, Exhale said:

Potted the girls into their final 3.5L pots on the 1st, I left them in their previous pots a few days too long so they stretched and yellowed slightly. Not a great start but I've been really busy, these have already started picking back up and there's roots showing at the bottom as of today.

Give them a day or 2 mate and they will bounce right back ;)

Now they are potted up and have some extra medium to put roots down, get ready for a growth explosion  :yep:

I would say another 14-21 day's and pre flowers will be out then the flowering fun begins  ;)

Mark..

• Like 2

Day 27 from germination.

7 of the 9 girls really started growing tall so I topped them a few days ago, I wasn't going to do this as I was going to flower by now to encourage a single cola "sea of green", I have also been defoliating the 2 that seem to be more indica expressive bit by bit as these plants are throwing out some beautiful dinner plate sized leaves but they are shading the side branching that wants to come out making them weak and spindly. You can see how big the leaves are getting on the topped plants, lovely and thick!

large.20190912_153002-1892x1064.jpg

Another reason for topping and delaying flower is that my plans for travel have changed and as a result I've decided to spend my hard earned on increasing the efficiency of light in my space and have ordered a new COB LED setup from our site sponsor @diyleduk I have read a few other diaries on site and enjoyed @Sargares and @seb88 particularly their efforts with the COB tech, I don't have the luxury of space so what I do have I like to maximize things not just on a horizontal plane but with penetration as well and going by what I've seen and read this tech should see me right.

• Like 10