Crystal Candy, Cream Caramel, Cream Manderine fv, Green Poison, Sweet Cheese & Gorilla Girl - The 2019 Sweet Seeds Shed Special

Inspiration101

Welcome to my new thread which will be used to document my fun goings on down the back end of the garden for the remainder of this year.

Current status:  The Sweet Seeds competition has ended and I have a variety of plants in various stages, plus competition-winnings-seeds to germinate.

A Cream Caramel clone who nearly died months ago, was waterlogged and took forever to root, the others were fine but this one I have nursed and nursed - Now she has rooted, taken off and I have topped her twice and had some bonsai type fun.  I hope she will, in the end, bring nice large half metre long sticks of lush sticky buds:

large.5d46a04206c23_creamcaramelclone.jpglarge.5d46a04085d21_creamcaramelclonetopview.jpg

The Cream Caramel clones which did take off well, there were three, are well into flower, I think week 6 is now completed, could be week 7 I am unsure.  There is also a single Cream Manderine which rooted well but its other 3 failed to take, so on the left side of my shed I have these four ladies: 

large.5d46a044e2e42_creamcaramelsideofshed.jpg

large.5d46a04341262_creamcaramelclones.jpg

There are also four smaller Cream Caramel clones nestled in the middle of the shed between the larger Cream Caramels and my new Crystal Candy ladies which were sprouted from seed when I made the original clones.

Here are the Crystal Candy ladies, I tried some LST but they were just unwieldy and two grew real high and fast for the sky :D

large.5d46a047cf3ba_crystalcandysideofshed.jpg

large.5d46a0492811f_crystalcandy.jpg

Here is the largest bud forming up well:

large.5d46a046374a8_crystalcandycloseup.jpg

Since all of the above are a month from being cropped I have put on some new seeds, Sweet Cheese (on the left), Green Poison (middle row), Gorilla Girl (right side):

large.5d46a04c5675b_sweetcheesegreenpoisongorillagirl.jpg

Here they are in the tent, I had to take out one of the four legs to fit the box in as it is too big but with some black awning covering it - No light escapes. 

large.5d46a04aa494d_seedlingsintent.jpg

That's just a 125w CFL to keep them happy during night time.  During the day the box is moved into the garden to get the best the sun has to offer :)

That's where I am at right now.  Fingers crossed ! :)

So my setup is 2 x 400w Sylvania bulbs, not dual spectrum, brand new.  Biobizz All Mix soil.  Biobizz nutes: Grow, Bloom, Fishmix, TopMax, AlgaMic, RootJuice.

• Like 8

I can only say one thing... You always do a good job!:yep:

Good luck in this new adventure. :lucky:

Sweet smokes!

-Apolo

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2019 at 10:47 AM, tokenroll said:

@Inspiration101Looking good and sure seems like you will busy with this lot for some time. Best of growing to you and I will tag along in the background.

Toke...

On 8/5/2019 at 10:21 AM, Sweet Seeds Apolo said:

I can only say one thing... You always do a good job!:yep:

Good luck in this new adventure. :lucky:

Sweet smokes!

-Apolo

Thanks for looking in, yea just doing my best with the environment luck hands me :)

• Like 1

Two weeks on, time for an update...

Spider mites have taken hold in the shed again.  I knew this anyway but was hoping to have completed the harvest before the bugs took hold and ruined everything.

So far I have just chopped down the four Crystal Candy ladies, they are now nicely manicured and on the drying net.

Another week would have been ideal with these girls but thats how it goes sometimes, at least I feel I have salvaged the majority of the project :D

Here is one of the spider mite infested ladies :

large.5d584a695a64c_CrystalCandy.jpglarge.5d584a668374e_CrystalCabdyspidermites.jpg

Remaining in the shed are 3 large Cream Caramels, two small Cream Caramels, and 1 Cream Manderine.  The infestation is ongoing but I think I can get another week of growth out of these and so the project continues !

Here they are : 

Two Cream Caramels

large.5d584a6197ac1_CreamCaramel.jpg

Two smaller Cream Caramels

large.5d584a6b13769_SmallCreamCaramel.jpg

Cream Manderine at the front, Cream Caramel at the back

large.5d584a64e4b48_CreamManderinefront.jpg

And a quick close up of that Cream Manderine bud

large.5d584a635e622_CreamManderinecloseup.jpg

I still have one large Cream Caramel (they are all clones of the same mother) in the garden, plus all my new seedlings are doing well.

I intend to repot the seedlings tomorrow morning and will provide another update afterwards.  All 12 seedlings have done well :)

To be honest I ran out of anything to smoke earlier in the week and decided to check out my seed collection - All Sweet Seeds stuff - I found a half ounce of dry-ice hash I made a couple of weeks ago.... SCORE :punk::smokin::bong:

Until then have a great Saturday evening ! :hippy:

• Like 2

Damn spider mites. :furious:

Try using a preventive. And try to make a good cleaning of the growing area. :yep:

Sweet smokes!

-Apolo

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sweet Seeds Apolo said:

Damn spider mites. :furious:

Try using a preventive. And try to make a good cleaning of the growing area. :yep:

Sweet smokes!

-Apolo

Yep, I did, got some stuff that seems to kill bugs fast.  Will try a massive clean up and respray in the next couple of weeks.

• Like 1

A shame the girls are being eaten by mites.   Had an infestation during the last crop as well, after a year of being left alone.  But used to get attacked every other crop as well.  I used to battle them with "organic" pest spray, but they would always make their return during the last weeks of flowering.   Like most of us, i don't like spraying during flower and would bite the nail.  Even tried some predators, but they would only limit the damage until the mites would take over during the final weeks.    I have now tried a new product and it seems to work.  "Dr. Strähler Spinnmilben frei".  It's german, i know and perhaps none organic.    I only sprayed it during veg and also spray the tent with it -  I haven't seen a single mite since and finishing my crop in a week!  I'm sure you can google it and find somebody that ships to UK.  High concentrate, a 30ml bottle will last you several crops.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

@AustrianTokker  Thanks for the advice and I will refer back to this and try the stuff out if what I have at the moment does not work.  My local grow shop sold me a small bottle of spider mite killer, 1/2 ml per litre of water, spray, then spray again 4 days later.  Was £15 for about 20 ml.  Non Organic also which is a shame but seems the only way to try nuke the things out of existence  :!:

• Like 1

A quick update on things.  Just sprayed all the ladies and area too, will do again on Sunday evening.  Then maybe again a 3rd time 4 days after that :D

The seedlings spent most their time in the sun and stayed out there to begin with whilst I cropped my last load.  As a result they were a bit stretched and lanky - I topped them.

A week later I topped them again, so now they all have 4 lead heads, except for the late-opener Gorilla Girl, she has two lead heads.

So, the plan is I continue with 20/4 light cycle and load them up on Biobizz nutes Root Juice, Grow, Fish Mix, Alg-A-Mic, and a touch of TopMax.

Lets see that through to the end of the month and take things from there !

In the meantime here is a few photos, update in a week or two when these ladies have grown up :)

Sweet Cheese

large.5d700f675aa52_SweetCheese.jpg

Green Poison

large.5d700f64150cc_GreenPoison.jpg

Gorilla Girls

large.5d700f6272e38_GorillaGirls.jpg

And a shot of them all

large.SC_GP_GG.jpg

Until next time, sweet smokes peeps :smokin:

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

11 days later update.  Everything continues to grow well, two of the Green Posion and one of the Gorilla Girls were significantly taller than the others so I topped the offending branches.

The lighting schedule has just been changed to 24/7 on as I want to ensure the ladies stay as squat as possible, am not keen on stretched out lanky ladies this time around.

The food schedule has been good.  3 mil per litre of water each of Biobizz Root Juice, Alg a Mic, Grow, Fishmix.  Plus a mil per litre of Topmax.

3 out of 4 of the Gorilla Girls have really thick cabbagy leaves, and one of them stretched out badly so could find itself scrapped to make space for a Cream Caramel 3 weeks into flower under a 125cfl in the 40cm x 40xm tent I have on the side.

This week I also moved the ventilation around - The 8" acoustic box has been put inside the grow area and is now rigged up to phonic ducting, really nice stuff, got the noise down from 69db to 57db. £80 maybe well spent, I feel less paranoid about the noise, as there is still room for improvement I may upgrade my extraction fan.

As you can see the growth in 11 days is pretty good, I will consider putting them into 12/12 end of next week, a week early !

Here is the Green Poison, the four ladies on the left of the area:

large.5d7e752e780e9_GreenPoison.JPG

Sweet Cheese, in the middle of the area:

large.5d7e7531c0466_SweetCheese.JPG

The four Gorilla Girls on the right side of the area:

large.5d7e752c98602_GorillaGirls.JPG

The Group Shot:

large.5d7e753037c83_Groupshot.JPG

Until the next update I shall mostly be smoking Cream Manderine and Cream Caramel.... Sweet Smokes ! :)

• Like 2

Perhaps the problem of the leaves is due to a virus. 

The mosaic virus may be the culprit. What do you think? 

Sweet smokes!
-Apolo

• 2 weeks later...

Two weeks since my last update so here goes....

They have been back on 20/4 lighting as 24/7 was causing too much drinking of water and I couldn't keep up.  20/4 seems a nicer light cycle.

All feeds have been loaded with Biobizz nutes: 3mil per litre of Rootjuice, grow, fishmix, alg a mic and a touch of top max.

Today I trimmed all of their undercarriage and any skinny branches, thinned things right out.  The lights have been raised and are now on 12/12.  Time for flowering.

Since the trimming provided some extra space in the grow area and its now 12/12 time I have also added in the Cream Caramel I had separate under a 125w CLF - She is shown at the start of this diary.  5 weeks into flower so looking forwards to finishing her off under the 400w.

Here are some shots of the current progress.

Green Poison, four feminised photoperiods:

large.5d9087dc0eeaa_GreenPoison.JPG

Four Sweet Cheese feminised photoperiods:

large.5d9087df4fc01_SweetCheese.JPG

Four Gorilla Girls, feminised photoperiods:

large.5d9087da66bc8_GorillaGirls.JPG

The Cream Caramel feminised photoperiod clone from previous grow:

large.5d9087d6d4921_CreamCaramelsideon.JPG

Another shot:

large.5d9087d8a38cd_CreamCaramel.JPG

A close up of a bud:

large.5d9087d51bb02_CCbud.JPG

And finally a group shot of the lot squeezed into the area......will be fun to see how they stretch in the coming few weeks:

large.5d9087dd948e4_Groupshot.JPG

Until next week have a safe and fun time ! :)

Edited by Inspiration101
  • Like 1