Dynavap induction heater

FarmerPalmersNT

22mm sounds a bit big to me.

Do you have any 16mm tanks?  I know a few people that have used the Cloupor Cloutank M3 replacement glass tanks their induction builds so there are probably other 16mm tanks that would also fit.

Oh right I'll probably wait until I receive the IH and have a good look at it and get the tape measure out . What should I put at the bottom of the coil to stop it falling through? 

I'm going to have plenty more questions until it is up and running . 

The other thing I wanted to know is it absolutely necessary to use a liner in the coil or could I leave it out . ?

Edited by pothead11

Could somebody tell me what an induction heater actually is . Is it some sort of microwave oven or something. 

Salutations PotHead11,

On 09/08/2020 at 9:25 PM, pothead11 said:

Is it some sort of microwave oven...

Microwaves transfer energy to water molecules because H2O molecules "resonate" in the 2 Ghz region where magnetrons operate...

Anyway i bet this drawing may prove more helpful:

The-heating-of-polymer-composites-by-ele

The heating of polymer composites by electromagnetic induction – A review (2013-Oct-24)

They may overlap on this graphic and perhaps susceptors of the food industry will even heat-up and seal using microwaves but the frequency bands would still differ greatly anyway.

Good day, have fun!!  :george:

Edited by lildaveham

1 hour ago, Egzoset said:

Anyway i bet this drawing may prove more helpful

Yes, basically what it is is, is a tamed pet dragon :yep:

Good, i knew with a suitable graphic i only takes ¼ ~ ½ sec. at most to catch it all:  e.g. within the lapse corresponding to the blink of an eye.

Edited by Egzoset
Proof-reading...

10 hours ago, pothead11 said:

Could somebody tell me what an induction heater actually is . Is it some sort of microwave oven or something. 

No. There's plenty of Google results that explain how induction heating works in simple terms. You need to understand the basics of electromagnetic induction really if you actually want to understand it. I cba, sorry. 

Re. your question about a sleeve inside the coil, it's not essential but it's helpful to prevent damage and keep a more consistent/optimal distance from the coil to dynavap. The coil copper has a lacquer that protects it. You are very unlikely to get a shock. 

Something else . What did you use for a glass liner . I've looked at test tubes and inkwells . I wonder who does Dynavap  glass . I am doing this just got to get all the bits. 

I have a bad feeling about this one.. cant you not just save for a premade induction heater @pothead11?

eta: Either that, or do some homework :yep:

Edited by stickyblack

Euh...

IMO somebody will get a shock, if i may say so...

About thermodynamics, astro-physics and what not:  if you got a guitar (or a piano) just shout a well-defined note and observe how the strings react.  It's about energy transfer via "sympathic" vibrations.  TV antennas used to depend on it, pigments in plants do that too though at a very different scale.  Every time it seems a common factor emerges it's going to involve length, in radio-amateur terms a ¼-wavelength "stub" resonator reaches it's High-Q operating range as the "electrical" wavelength gets close to 25 % the total length of 1 period or cycle, which is also influenced by parameters associated to transmission lines, starting with physical dimmensions - e.g. length.  Etc., etc.

But considering it's about the Mazzilli topology i much prefer my roller-coaster analogy, especially when the wagon's 4 wheels no longer make contact with a track's rails.

Good day, have fun!!  :sorry:

Edited by Egzoset
Read-proofing.

Think it's going to be a couple of weeks before everything shows up to put it together . No need to worry I'll not be getting any shocks . The IH should of arrived today but no such luck . power supply and switch coming from China . So far spent 14 quid but I've got it all for that so not bad . The switch I got is only rated for 3 amps but I should think it'll be ok . The IH will probably only draw 3 or 4 amps anyway if just used for my Chynavap. Happy days .

I use a classic Fish n Chip shop wooden fork as a stopper in my IH. 

Just slotted into the coil. 

Glass sleeve will protect the coil from your hot dynavap. 

Use a bit of epoxy to keep in place, but only after you've experimented with the stopper at different depths and found the sweet spot. 

large.IMG-20200814-WA0010.jpglarge.IMG-20200814-WA0009.jpg

Edited by Ned Flanders
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...