Dynavap induction heater

FarmerPalmersNT

Salutations,

I just wanted to let participants know that although i'd be more in favour of true power management i still wanted to distribute "likes" around and the system won't allow it.

IMO 1st-hand experimentation followed by publication is a great way to "share the fun".

So...

Good day, have fun!!  :sorry:

• Like 3

Done. The voltmeter is useful and having it on a separate switch allows for monitoring charge progress, which is very quick. I can get around 10 full bowls of 4 hits each (40 total hits) before it gets to about 10.8v. Recharge is super fast, way less than an hour for sure, although I haven't timed it. Clicks in about 10s first hit, 6-7 seconds thereafter. Much more predictable and smooth.

large.20190810_170251-1269x1692.jpg

I can get faster click time if I tighten the coil, but think I have it about right. The depth of the vapcap in the coil also matters and took some experimentation. It's perfect now.

• Like 10

• 3 months later...

Salutations RedEyezMan,

16 hours ago, Redeyezman said:

Would an Arizer solo do the same I wonder?

IMO some details need to be explained about how one could attain such reasoning.

Good day, have fun!!  :sorry:

• 3 weeks later...

If i didnt already have a pipes ps mini id be building one of those! Also having tried the new pipes flux heater i can confirm it is light years ahead of the current models. Absolutely night and day imo. 

On 12/12/2019 at 10:28 PM, Redeyezman said:

Would an Arizer solo do the same I wonder? I need to order a Dynavap to try it.

Not a bad idea I will try that later! :)

large.IMG-20200106-WA0018.jpglarge.IMG-20200106-WA0019.jpg

Howdy doodles dyna dudes

This thread has inspired me to have a go. 

Here's my first ratty attempt. 

Awaiting a bigger power supply as the 1amp one I'm using can barely heat  a safety pin. 

@FarmerPalmersNThas been incredibly helpful, responded to a bunch of messages and deserves a huge amount of respect.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

Howdy doodles my dudes. 

Better power supply came today. Works perfectly now. I'm chuffed. 

Thanks to @FarmerPalmersNT again for the inspiration. 

Nice one :smokin: enjoy! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I am just putting together the bits to make one of these. I am using a large single-use coffee cup. I am interested in using USB to charge this, and not a 12v. Any thoughts? Or is a standard 12v charger much easier?

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

@FarmerPalmersNT @Ned Flanders

I'm pretty close but could do with some help please!

The push switch now turns on the induction but it's not getting hot although the LED turns blue so there is definitely power...

If I add the dynavap the blue led goes out. I'm not sure if it's just because the batteries haven't been charged...I just took them from the packet to test. Last night when I wired the battery direct to the induction it heated up a screwdriver ok, and it did heat the vape bit not enough to click. 

Any ideas? I think I just need the batteries fully charged... 

large.IMG_20200229_115326_compress17.jpglarge.IMG_20200229_115341_compress72.jpglarge.IMG_20200229_115352_compress85.jpglarge.IMG_20200229_115418_compress19.jpg

Edited by lemoore00

Charge those batteries fully and get a heavier guage wire on the fly lead, it will be drawing a heavy current. Then tidy up the stack/coil to be a bit nearer and straighter. Should be golden then.