Okay well another dodgee adventure begins!

Poor spelling/Atrocious grammar/Haphazard updates/ Shite photography...

We got it all!

But if you can put up with the nonsense we might see some interesting things along the way.

So I somehow managed to blag myself some bags of magic mud.. By all accounts this stuff is the shizz nizz, the bees knees, all singing, all dancing all bah a bleeding blowjob compo!!

AND wait for it.... You just add water. Couldn't be simpler than that right?  Even an idiot can't fuck that up surely you say??

We shall see! 

All this supersoil/no till malarkey is completely new to me so expect a few fuck ups along the way but I shall do my best like.

Where are we then, 4 x 40L fabric pots have been filled with a bag each of ecolife, and 2L of water per pot have been added,

large.IMG_20190629_082832-780x1040.jpg

Next i opted for these mulch mats made from jute, they just seemed a quick easy fix hopefully my laziness doesn't kick me in the balls at a later date,

large.IMG_20190629_083403-780x1040.jpg

Next i divided 100g worms between the 4 pots, I say I divided but it fair to say the bulk went in the two front most pots, I'll pickup some more,

large.IMG_20190629_083546-780x1040.jpglarge.IMG_20190629_083538-780x1040.jpg

next up I installed a blue mat in each pot and placed the feed lines in a 5L  jug of water,

large.image-780x1040.jpg

I'm gonna leave them a couple of days to hydrate properly and for the worms to settle in.

meanwhile I'll germinate 5 x dinafems og cookies, the 4 strongest looking will go into these.

Next update will be in a few days when the lil ladies get into there new beds for the next few months..

Many thanks @diyleduk for the chance to try this stuff out, if you see any obvious mistakes be sure n shout plz mucka!Lol

Thanks for looking folks, for now take care n I'll be back soon 

Nice1 dodge

• Like 22

Thanks guys/gals :yep:

Bit boring at the moment I know, but bare with as I think it will get interesting pretty quickly!

Thanks for all the looks n the likes folks

:yinyang:

• Like 3

@Dodgee   I'm going to push everyone out of the way and sit in the press area at the front with my Photoshopped press pass and my hat with a press card in the  hatband. I've got my notebook out and I'm here to learn. This supersoil has me interested.

• Like 5

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this pans out as I tried one of these soils before 'Sohum Soil' which made all the same claims regarding the water only feed. However, I didn't rate the stuff very highly.  If you pull this off with the Blumats then I'd be willing to give this soil a go.

I'm assuming you have a water tank somewhere for the rest of the grow.  I thought the tank had to be in an elevated position so gravity did the feeding for you.  And are you planning to use only one carrot per pot?  I might have gone for three or four.

• Like 4

Thanks for stopping by @monkeypig I'm learning myself this run, hopefully not to steep a curve though..

If it does what it says on the tin I think I'll be sold tbh, anything which makes life easier is a win eh.

@JJJ

This is my first time using the bluemats (they're not real ones, cheapy knockoffs from Amazon).

According to the instructions this soil performs best when kept constantly moist but not saturated and you never water to run off.  So for now (while the plants are seedlings/small) I thought one carrot per pot might be adequate??

I was planning on adding a 2nd to each pot when the plants were a bit bigger and drinking a bit more... Sound like a plan? Or better to get them in now??

These ones work by a siphon action, so no height/pump is required, the resevoir should be roughly level with your pots apparently...

I was gonna use a relatively small res just so it's easier to see how much they're drinking each day.

Like I said I'm winging it a bit.

More than happy to take any suggestions or advice if folks can see a better way of doing things..

Happy Sunday folks :yinyang:

• Like 7

@Dodgee Nice to see you back with another Dinafem grow on UK420 and some nice prep work already being put in prior to planting  :yep:

This looks like it will be a lot of fun and one I'll be watching with interest :bong:

Good luck buddy :yep: Let's see what you can do with this new cookie family strains  :headbang:

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 1

Cool. Following this.

And the blumatts keep constant moisture so I'd have a few in each pot from the get go to help the bacteria establish through the whole pot. The plants will be fine with 1 while they're small (you'll need more later for sure though). 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Sargares said:

Cool. Following this.

And the blumatts keep constant moisture so I'd have a few in each pot from the get go to help the bacteria establish through the whole pot. The plants will be fine with 1 while they're small (you'll need more later for sure though). 

Good call buddy :yep:

@Dodgee You may find this useful mate :headbang:

Mark..

• Like 1

Hey Mark! Nice1 for swinging by!

i meant to tag you in the opening post but completely forgot! Excuse my tardiness, stoner memory innit 

Seeds got wet today at last. Been a busy weekend and didn't get chance till kids were off to school today..

@Sargares thanx for the tip buddy! I got another 6 to hand so I'll add another to each pot when I put the plants in.

Whilst I'm here i forgot to tag @buddy13 earlier, my bad brother.

Things will get interesting soon, promise!

Nice1 all

D

• Like 3

Just now, Dodgee said:

Seeds got wet today at last. Been a busy weekend and didn't get chance till kids were off to school today..

And the story begins  :yep:

Your grows are always fun so I expect nothing less ;)

Mark..

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 7:05 AM, Dodgee said:

These ones work by a siphon action, so no height/pump is required, the resevoir should be roughly level with your pots apparently...

never heard of these before; blumats need a reservoir that is higher than the pots as they work with gravity...not trying to give you extra stuff to worry about dude but thought I should mention it. +you'll need a 100ltr at least unless you wanna be filling it every 2 days? 

good luck with the adventure dude, pretty sure you won't look back:yep:

• Like 2