DinaCookies - Blueberry flavour

InTheSystem

10 hours ago, Sargares said:

The beds with the blumats yielded about a fifth more than the ones hand watered (by people who water for a job....) as the blumats basically just let the plant drink as and when it wants. So imagine the difference between bad watering and that!

This say’s a lot doesn’t it, a fifth is quite a lot when you start to add things up...:g:

An yea I can’t stand them fungus gnats either, give me the creeps same as spiders !

An cheer’s m8 for all info an help...:smokin:

• Like 2

@InTheSystem your plants will be fine with the scope light full power at that distance. The scopes by their design will let you get the lights a lot closer than say a qb board as its leds are so much more dense on a smaller area. The very reason I only use scopes in my flower cab.

Toke...

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Sargares said:

Just to give you an idea of the difference watering makes, I was listening to the kisorganics podcast the other day and a bloke from a commercial facility in the states said they ran a side by side of experienced growers hand watering vs blumats set to 100 mbar. The beds with the blumats yielded about a fifth more than the ones hand watered (by people who water for a job....) as the blumats basically just let the plant drink as and when it wants. So imagine the difference between bad watering and that! Haha.

Watering is the biggest mistake most people make in my opinion. Including myself. The only downside to little and often over drench and dry is the fungus gnats fecking love the constant moisture. God I hate them little fuckers. 

Tbh this is my main gripe with soil mate.. I mixed soil with coco coir in my veg tent now prepping autoflowers for the outside along with my CMOG and Blueberry cookies girls. As a result I have severe bug problems with knats and spidermite (NEVER had spidermites in this house doing perpetual grows for 5 years, first time ever introduced soil in here) - I had to treat with a homemade remedy (sorted all the autos in soil) but lost one of my 2 blueberry cookies in coir - so now have to pop more seeds or veg out. Its been a tough few weeks. Soil was BioBizz lightmix and yer, basically infested my garden - on a brighter note though - Just did a weigh in on the hydro disaster  and was pretty decent still (680g on 735w, 0.9gpw), someones looking out for me up there - or leds are the shit (also HSO genetics)! My biggest plant was chopped and killed 2 weeks early lol

6 hours ago, tokenroll said:

@InTheSystem your plants will be fine with the scope light full power at that distance. The scopes by their design will let you get the lights a lot closer than say a qb board as its leds are so much more dense on a smaller area. The very reason I only use scopes in my flower cab.

Toke...

Yes yes Toke -  thanks for dropping in mate. I was kind of hoping to get some input from you on scopes being the compact master using these lights. Thanks for the re assurance. I have had no issues running these 24" at full 150w... Infact nothing but healthy growth - just had to up my cal mag to 200ppm instead of 150ppm base... The leds really seem to demand this I have found with 3 strains now (higher cal and mag profile).

Edited by InTheSystem
  • Like 3

If I recall last run with my lower shelf the scopes where about 8 inches max away from the buds so that was at 285 watts at the wall. Not sure that all strains will take that all the same but so far so good. Yeah you will find your plants can take more food some times rather than needing the cal/mag. I haven't given mine any bottled cal/mag this time round, just some Epsom salts the week before flip. That's both plants getting the same feed ingrediants, one in coco/perlite and the other in hydroton drip feed.  Seem happy atm.

Toke...

Edited by tokenroll
  • Like 3

Just now, tokenroll said:

If I recall last run with my lower shelf the scopes where about 8 inches max away from the buds so that was at 285 watts at the wall. Not sure that all strains will take that all the same but so far so good. Yeah you will find your plants can take more food some times rather than needing the cal/mag. I haven't given mine any bottled cal/mag this time round, just some Epsom salts the week before flip. That's both plants getting the same feed ingrediants, one in coco/perlite and the other in hydroton drip feed.  Seem happy atm.

Toke...

I am on 400ppm which is kind of my limit in veg for the last 9 years. Just found going to 200ppm base of cal-mag solved my problems - maybe due to the cyco nutrients being a different profile from Ionic? you use? In the case of the mag - it is only on HSO Gorilla Breath which is a known mag whore for me (at least the phenotype I am running - so was epsom salts for that one).

• Like 2

Just to show I am not talking out my ass as it is known to happen home alone on a saturday night with mason jars of Gorilla Breath and litre bottles of San Miguel... This is what Iv been dealing with because of bug problems bringing soil into my garden:

large.DSC02550.JPG

One blueberry cookies officially nearly dead - Biobizz can go choke on my balls :)

68647757.jpg

@tokenroll - 8 strains hit with cal deficiency, only reason I jumped to that conclusion ;) will try upping my base nutes and dropping cal mag. Thank you

Edited by InTheSystem
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, InTheSystem said:

One blueberry cookies officially nearly dead - Biobizz can go choke on my balls :)

Mate I can’t comment on bio-bizz soil as I’ve not used it, but before deciding on which soil to use, I did some research on here regarding soils an compost’s an on other sites too, an the one topping the list most time’s was House&Garden, which is why I choose them and their nutes range. 

I can definitely say the soil is really good an so far bug free, great texture an draining, water doesn’t flood on top when watering like some compost’s do. 

And great roots in veg...

I’m sure when sarg has look in here, he will help better than me...:smokin:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Amo said:

Mate I can’t comment on bio-bizz soil as I’ve not used it, but before deciding on which soil to use, I did some research on here regarding soils an compost’s an on other sites too, an the one topping the list most time’s was House&Garden, which is why I choose them and their nutes range. 

I can definitely say the soil is really good an so far bug free, great texture an draining, water doesn’t flood on top when watering like some compost’s do. 

And great roots in veg...

I’m sure when sarg has look in here, he will help better than me...:smokin:

Hey mate, thanks for dropping in - yer I am pissed off with Biobizz and will be dropping there soil now... Makes you wonder if they do this shit on purpose so you go buy there anti bug or leaf spray products....... Thanks for the suggestion, I know H&G very well for many years running some of their products. I had not noticed they do a soil... Must see if it that is available easily in my country. To be honest I just am going to stick to coco coir indoors and soil outdoors and never mix the two.... They are all getting booted out tomorrow morning and the next autos are getting started outside ;)

Edited by InTheSystem
  • Like 2

Cool bro, I knew you would have known the H&G range, an cool to hear you use or have used them in the past, gives me more confidence in my decision to use them...

More the nudge towards their soil as bug problems suck, an this is first soil I’ve used with no bugs so far...

Anyhow onward’s an upward’s (literally) with the auto show, ‘‘tis cool watching what I can’t do...

An Tok drop’d by for a lil led info for ur new led’s, cool...:smokin:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Amo said:

Cool bro, I knew you would have known the H&G range, an cool to hear you use or have used them in the past, gives me more confidence in my decision to use them...

More the nudge towards their soil as bug problems suck, an this is first soil I’ve used with no bugs so far...

Anyhow onward’s an upward’s (literally) with the auto show, ‘‘tis cool watching what I can’t do...

An Tok drop’d by for a lil led info for ur new led’s, cool...:smokin:

I have used their base nutrients in DWC with great success. In fact it's one of my favorites and I swear by there Amino Treatments and Roots Booster. Best on the market hands down. You won't go far wrong with H & G. Can't seem to get their soil here unfortunately. I can't get Plant Magic or Clover Multi Purpose either which I have seen used with great success in the UK. At least I have tried Biobizz now on 16 plants and half had bug issues, most being done in clean indoor gardens... Best to avoid.

Anyway, back to Blueberry Cookies. Looks like I will have to change the battle plan with this, its 36c so I feel a little like this after dragging 6 autos down and up hills, stairs etc:

50500965.jpg

I will get the tent cleaned again later and things back on track... First to go drink a container of water and eat cold soup lol

Edited by InTheSystem
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, InTheSystem said:

Soil was BioBizz lightmix and yer, basically infested my garden

Hey mate, so sorry for you that you have shitty cunting little bastard spider mites mate, they are cunts! It was an impossible infestation of those bastards that made me give up growing for years as I couldn't get rid of the fuckers! 

Nowadays, I basically suit up like I'm going into a radioactive bunker so I don't transfer any fuckers into my tent! I don't take clones from anyone & I sure make certain I buy my medium from trusted sources, as most of the time it isn't the manufacture that is at fault, it's the way some shops store them! 

I ditched biobizz when i got back into growing again for the slightly more expensive medium of Tropic Batmix & Shogun nutes and I've not looked back :bong: In fact, I've used Westlands cheap compost with Shogun nutes with very satisfactory results (see my diaries). 

So I now use either 100% Tropic Batmix for some strains and a mix of Westlands with Tropic for other strains & I think the magic ingredients are the Shogun nutrients however :hippy:

I hope you can get rid of the spider mite fuckers and responsibly dispose of your contaminated soil if you are certain it is infested :fart: 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, AKPOG said:

Hey mate, so sorry for you that you have shitty cunting little bastard spider mites mate, they are cunts! It was an impossible infestation of those bastards that made me give up growing for years as I couldn't get rid of the fuckers! 

Nowadays, I basically suit up like I'm going into a radioactive bunker so I don't transfer any fuckers into my tent! I don't take clones from anyone & I sure make certain I buy my medium from trusted sources, as most of the time it isn't the manufacture that is at fault, it's the way some shops store them! 

I ditched biobizz when i got back into growing again for the slightly more expensive medium of Tropic Batmix & Shogun nutes and I've not looked back :bong: In fact, I've used Westlands cheap compost with Shogun nutes with very satisfactory results (see my diaries). 

So I now use either 100% Tropic Batmix for some strains and a mix of Westlands with Tropic for other strains & I think the magic ingredients are the Shogun nutrients however :hippy:

I hope you can get rid of the spider mite fuckers and responsibly dispose of your contaminated soil if you are certain it is infested :fart: 

Hey Dude - thanks for some sound advice, it is much appreciated. I am a coco coir grower so soil is never really a trouble. I was just being a smart ass and trying to veg 6 autos in BioBizz Light Mix alongside the plants in coco coir and the soil 100% has brought in the mites. I have treated them with garlic clove, olive oil, little lemon and soapy water. I think it is cool now, just as a result one of the blueberry cookies in coir must have took some through the roots and died.. I did flush them through with 200ppm cal mag water until it was reading the same on the run off, but yer shit happens basically. I did not want to wait until tuesday or wednesday for Neem.

I will not do this again where I veg autos for the outdoors inside, or If I do it is in a different house and tent lol

I will have a look at the Tropic Batmix mate - does it fend well with autos? I really wanted to try the Clover Multi Purpose after seeing a few auto flower diaires but I can't find any shops outside the UK selling it. 70l posted to Spain from the UK would cost an arm and a leg haha. So maybe I will have better luck with Tropic Batmix. I do agree with you that it may not neccesarily be the fault of BioBizz. I have seen hydro shops here store there bags in dirty warehouses or even outside. As always though it is worth paying a bit more for quality I guess :)

Edited by InTheSystem
  • Like 4

On 07/07/2019 at 11:45 AM, InTheSystem said:

. I do agree with you that it may not neccesarily be the fault of BioBizz.

Personally I don't think it's 100% medium related mate I do think that the LED could also have paid a part, I could be totally wrong as I'm not a LED grower but I have seen quite a few grows where deficiencies are cropping up and the only change has been lighting  :)

Maybe a mixture of the 2 combined with high outdoor temps, 

On 07/07/2019 at 11:28 AM, AKPOG said:

I couldn't have put it better  ;)

The only was it to close down, clean, clean and more cleaning. Then fire back up. Yes, they can be controlled but not eliminated whilst growing imo?

@InTheSystem Not the best of luck this grow buddy :(

Keep your head up its not over yet ;)

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

Personally I don't think it's 100% medium related mate I do think that the LED could also have paid a part, I could be totally wrong as I'm not a LED grower but I have seen quite a few grows where deficiencies are cropping up and the only change has been lighting  :)

Maybe a mixture of the 2 combined with high outdoor temps, 

I couldn't have put it better  ;)

The only was it to close down, clean, clean and more cleaning. Then fire back up. Yes, they can be controlled but not eliminated whilst growing imo?

@InTheSystem Not the best of luck this grow buddy :(

Keep your head up its not over yet ;)

Mark..

I am convinced LED's require more cal-mag in your nutrient profile. It's 8 strains and 13 plants now in a combination of soil and coir all having it. I upped my base nutes and got nitrogen leaf curling the next day and cal deficiency again... So it is back to 200ppm cal mag base.. Seems to be the sweet spot in coco coir with the LED on Cyco nutrients and Biobizz Fish Mix in the case of soil :)

This is why I made the decision to disinfect my garden with a strong remedy. I have lost 2 plants because of it but everything seems to be on the mend now and the soil plants are out of here now in their outside location.. Onwards and upwards hopefully now. Will not bring soil in my indoor gardens again.. Live and learn.

Edited by InTheSystem
  • Like 2

Just now, InTheSystem said:

Onwards and upwards hopefully now. Will not bring soil in my indoor gardens again.. Live and learn.

That's the spirit mate :yep:

Just now, InTheSystem said:

am convinced LED's require more cal-mag in your nutrient profile.

That's pretty much what I'm seeing to mate, so it could be LED related  :)

With LED being quite new and so many brands their is going to be learning curve for growers making the transition from traditional hid lighting  :yep:

Interesting times  ;)

Mark..

• Like 3