DinaCookies - Blueberry flavour

InTheSystem

So a couple of weeks back I received the Blueberry Cookies seeds - I was actually down for testing the Wedding Cake release and due to some delays with them getting the release out, @Dinafem-Mark was kind enough to offer a replacement strain to do - so thanks Mark and Dinafem! :)

I am already following some great diaries of growers running this strain currently, so I know the genetics will perform and have some nice references to aid me into the unknown... I have never run a photo period Cookie strain before, but have run Blueberry from cuts a couple of years - so this will be a lot of fun! This diary I feel is a little similar starting out to my “Sweet Like Chocolate” diary over in the HSO section, so if you would like to know further details on equipment, environment, nutrients in detail - I would encourage you to check that out ;)

Strain Info:
- 60% Indica / 40% Sativa
- Blueberry x Girl Scout Cookies
- 55-60 days
- 18% THC

large.DSC02238.JPG

I only germinated 3 beans as my tents are a little full at the moment with Dinafem autos, seedlings and cuts for the next couple of weeks. Seeds were germinated with the 'cup n water' method for around 18-24 hours and then sowed straight into coco coir. After the first true leaves formed I put them on 200ppm (0.5 scale) of cal-mag and cyco base nutrients and a few days later added House & Garden Roots Excelurator. They are being grown under a 150w Scope LED light (DiyLedUK) which is set 24" from the plants dimmed to around 100w after starting out at 60w 18" away.

Only 2/3 seeds made it, but it is no issue at all. I can pop the other 2, take clones or whatever.. I have got out of the habit of trigger popping seeds and ending up with plants everywhere once they start to grow.. Live and learn as I get older... Apparently lol

9 days from germination

large.DSC02392.JPG

large.DSC02391.JPG

The H&G doing it's magic on the roots also:

large.DSC02389.JPG

I will transplant them up tomorrow and check back in - just been a bit busy with various bits and bobs.

Cheers :bong:

ps. Sorry, just had to be done:

0d871dbab40fd55293bd186c83623098b346b447

Edited by InTheSystem
  • Like 7

@Tete @tokenroll - aha! two of said great diaries I am following... Awesome, thank you for checking in chaps - stoked to be apart of the 'Blueberry Cookies Crew'!:rockon:

• Like 3

Hey m8, just wishing you the best with ur next adventure...:yep:

i liked ur hso diary, so I’ll follow along on this one too, picking up tips as it goes...:smokin:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Amo said:

Hey m8, just wishing you the best with ur next adventure...:yep:

i liked ur hso diary, so I’ll follow along on this one too, picking up tips as it goes...:smokin:

Thanks for checking in mate and tagging along... This should be a fun one back in coco coir! This forum is a great place for learning, I learn things most weeks still after a decade of growing these plants nearly lol

Edited by InTheSystem
  • Like 2

@InTheSystem Looking forward to follow this. I am also using the scope 150 and I've dimmed it down to the minimum for the babies. I am potting up as soon as I get my watt meter and upping the wattage accordingly.

Best wishes for this grow.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Larry Badgeley said:

@InTheSystem Looking forward to follow this. I am also using the scope 150 and I've dimmed it down to the minimum for the babies. I am potting up as soon as I get my watt meter and upping the wattage accordingly.

Best wishes for this grow.

Thanks for the good vibes mate. I found 18" at min wattage is optimum for babies or they will stretch for the light if any further away. After a week or so I nudged it up to 24" and increased the wattage. They have 840w of strips to go under when they eventually get into the flower tent:

1*ZYpBSAe0dC4_ha-3GhcO9Q.jpeg

It is my first run from seed/clones to harvest with a full LED setup, so feel free to voice any opinions or advice you have from using the Scope also :)

• Like 1

Ok just got the girls potted up while munching down on a sarnie..

large.DSC02405.JPG

Now as happy as this fellla:

pig.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, InTheSystem said:

Ok just got the girls potted up while munching down on a sarnie..

large.DSC02405.JPG

Now as happy as this fellla:

pig.jpg

Looking exactly like mine man. If you look in the Grow Dairies section ( p2 Dinafem 150w scope diary) you will find my Scope diary. As a matter of interest, what size pot are they in? Are they in their finals and what height and wattage is your scope?

Edited by Larry Badgeley
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Larry Badgeley said:

Looking exactly like mine man. If you look in the Grow Dairies section ( p2 Dinafem 150w scope diary) you will find my Scope diary. As a matter of interest, what size pot are they in? Are they in their finals and what height and wattage is your scope?

Cool mate will have a butchers :yep:

They are in 5" square pots, not the final pots no - it depends on what cycle I choose to go with. I have a lot of space to fill in flower and a few strains going on so there will be some decision making that needs to be made. Typically, I would go for a 21 cycle after pre veg and pot up again to 11l pots which would the finals.. But nothing is set in stone - I am winging it simply ;)

ref LED - wattage started at 60w hung 18" above pots. Adjusted now to 24" and 100 watts - will crank it up to 150w in a week.

Edited by InTheSystem
  • Like 1

@InTheSystemGreat thanks for the info brother. As you will see I am very limited for height (140cm) so what I am planning is 6.5 ltr finals. I have my girls on 20/4 in small pots. I might pot up into a bit bigger then the finals. I am just using a smidge of water and some root juice. They will be fimmed and trained to reduce the height. It might get a bit crowded in there but I have options:yep:

Looking forward to see how these LED's work though. I am a loft grower and (for us) it has been a tad warm but the temps inside the tent are spot on. I live in an old stone cottage so it's cool as inside. Keep updating my friend and I look forward to seeing the results.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Larry Badgeley said:

@InTheSystemGreat thanks for the info brother. As you will see I am very limited for height (140cm) so what I am planning is 6.5 ltr finals. I have my girls on 20/4 in small pots. I might pot up into a bit bigger then the finals. I am just using a smidge of water and some root juice. They will be fimmed and trained to reduce the height. It might get a bit crowded in there but I have options:yep:

Looking forward to see how these LED's work though. I am a loft grower and (for us) it has been a tad warm but the temps inside the tent are spot on. I live in an old stone cottage so it's cool as inside. Keep updating my friend and I look forward to seeing the results.

No worries - ref the heat and attics..... Tell me about it mate - also a loft grower at 38 lat... Check that forecast out from tomorrow:

large.5d136d6333317_Screenshot2019-06-26at14_55_22.png

its-hotter-than-5b44fc.jpg

Also why I am in no hurry to put these in flower, which is why I say my cycle my vary from the normal ;)

• Like 2

@InTheSystem yea dude I’m learning something everyday on here, it’s great...

i have a lil group off ppl I follow their diaries...

it will be easier for me to copy some off ur techniques now ur away from hydro..:cowboy:

An you will be able to have a larph at my growing soon, hso-mark kindly gave me an invite into the hso pot noodle challenge...

just needa put some off what I have read an learned on here...haha...:smokin:

• Like 2