FIRST TENT BUILT and under way!

MAD PROFESSOR

@michaeldbc

if you had someone to lift up the lid/net/plant you would have full access to the pot/airstone and the connecting pipes. The connecting pipes have a 4" OD so if there was a blockage I'm sure that getting something in there to free it up wouldn't be an issue

• Like 1

My misses with the right motivation lol

That's actually a weight off my mind that because people live underneath me I can't afford things blocking up can you set them up however you like? 

What I have in mind is 3 of those pots in a line with the res on the other side of the room (no headroom on 1 side) I'm guessing you can do whatever you like but never really looked into recirculating. baby steps and that lol

Won't be like your set up methinks because it's awesome 

But plan on doing it as right as I can in a bodge it and scarper kinda way lol

Thanks for the advice and sorry for derailing your thread il be quiete again now watching lol

@michaeldbc

That's what is so great about these forums, not much is really that new and there is always someone that has been there and got a few T-shirts!

As for the set up you mention, I'm not sure that they produce a layout as described. On their website, you can see their layouts, pot sizes and spacing between pots. I do know however that they will build you a bespoke rig, in fact when i was doing my research into RDWC, or growing, in general, I did come across an Alien set up which was 4 pots in a line to fit into a specific room.

I had to get them to make me 2 shorted connecting pipes! as I couldn't fit 6 pots into a 3m X3m tent!

Totally understand the concerns over the downstairs neighbours, i haven't lost a single drop so far but you could always place each pot in a large shallow tray?

• Like 1

If it leaks though it will just carry on won't it? Float valves and stuff involved.atm I can leak a grand total of 60litres so no real danger. Only danger is not having water to temp on hand cos I don't have heater or chiller I just let it get to same temp as the room before it goes in lol They're looking really nice though and I could squeeze 4 in I think il have to check there site out cheers 

Don't think you need it looks like you have everything sewn up tight there but good luck mate 

• Like 1

what are you feeding them, plutonium ? 

your pots were empty last thursday  lol

btw, I like the alien set up & would like something similar, just not prepared to pay their prices.

• Like 1

Hi @Joint hogger

lol can you imagine getting to that in a week!!! would be epic!

They are 5 weeks in the pots plus one week before.

Alien seems to be a good set up but as you say they are pricey if you want the Pro stuff. The real daddies are the Current Culture Pro pots 35US Gallons!! that's 132 Litres!!!!! each pot!!

132Ltrs lol  you wouldn't be growing ordinary trees in them, more like Californian redwoods  :thumsup:

• 3 weeks later...

FLOWER WEEK-2

had a go at lollipoping which was scary! had 3 bin bags full! and Scrogged but I should have done this weeks ago! I guess you live and learn

Anyone got any advice on boosters, ideally mineral-based and Hydro specific?

large.IMG_2828.jpglarge.IMG_2827.jpg

• Like 8

@MAD PROFESSORlooking great there I can’t wait to get my dwc up and running. Regarding flowering booster I’ve heard good things about buddhas tree pk9/18 I’ve got a bottle and will be running it along side advance nutrients Sensi range for my first shot. Look forward to see your finished product. :thumsup:

• Like 1

Looking good @MAD PROFESSOR coming along nicely now I’m being draw towards leds the more I see the results been had. 

Ive always used MH/HPS but these warmer days are making me think led is the way forward especially in the summer time. 

Hey @Auto gorilla

I did a lot of research before embarking upon this, my first ever grow! and as with most things, there are pros and cons with everything! but as I wanted to have a go over a number of years LED did offer a far better ROI on after about 18 months onwards.

LED's do still put out a fair amount of heat, dont think that you will be pulling 2000 watts from the wall with no heat! IT is worth having a look around as there is a lot of imported lights with varying quality and dubious claims and specification! they will say its 600W light that actually draws 250w yet they claim it will replace a 1000W HPS ! (never in a million!) 

Good luck!

• Like 2