MAD PROFESSOR

HI,

First-time grower and first tent in fact first everything! been an education

now into week 4 and a bit of grow one; nothing has died yet so I'm happy

large.IMG_2465.jpg

large.IMG_2467.jpg

large.IMG_2434.jpg

• Like 7

nice set up but if you dont mind me saying, I'd add another bungee cord or get a cargo net to hold up your filter properly,

dont forget filters are heavy & if they fall, they can take out plants & also damage your system & stink you out.

its also worth pointing out that S&P fan outer plastic casings aren't air tight & its a good idea to run some gaffa/ducting tape around the seals.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Joint hogger said:

nice set up but if you dont mind me saying, I'd add another bungee cord or get a cargo net to hold up your filter properly,

dont forget filters are heavy & if they fall, they can take out plants & also damage your system & stink you out.

its also worth pointing out that S&P fan outer plastic casings aren't air tight & its a good idea to run some gaffa/ducting tape around the seals.

Thanks for the advice @Joint hogger There are now two large straps holding up the filter. as you say i could only imagine the carnage it would cause if it fell!

I only recently realised the situation with the fan. Last week the Fan motor start capacitor failed so i took the whole thing apart! Quite a good design internally, basic, but good.

Did you have to cut the holes yourself to make it recirculating? I was after some of these but could only find 55litre as a single

@michaeldbc 

No they were all cut. i did look at making a similar system but the bulkheads and manifolds were ridiculously expensive!

The standard system is good but the air feed needed some modification to optimise the flow and air distribution.

• Like 1

Thanks @marcjuna

They are growing and certainly drinking well (last night they did 25liters) just moved over to 12/12. in need of a bit of topiary me thinks but fingers cross the next stage will be trouble free

@michaeldbc

The old versions did have a hinge on the lid/bucket but the new versions don't. I had 4 old buckets/lids and I cut the hinges off as it was a shit design.

Can you get into it though incase of a blockage or something?  That's the reason for my concern I'm not average sized if roots block it up can I get my arm in there it honestly puts me off lol

Ordered 1 of the singles then cancelled it because the comments said no hinge felt like crying getting my much smaller budget version lol