Help for new comers uploading to uk420

Aidwej

once again fucked over by the photo uploader, spend forever filling in info of where when what and how on 14 photographs and when I come to finish the fucker doesn't do as should and opens up another upload box while the original is unresponsive and eventually gets deleted. ive uploaded pictures again but I will update with the information tomorrow as im sick fed up lol.

onwards and upwards as they say. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/05/2019 at 11:28 AM, Aidwej said:

Seen a few new comers struggling to upload pictures so I done a quick guide to help.

I don`t know if there is already one on the forums but anyway.

Step 1

Top right hand of your screen next to your user name you`ll see.

large.5cee5549c2e4d_Step1.png Click create then gallery.

Step 2

Now members gallery.

large.5cee5608b535f_Step2.png

Step 3

large.5cee5609308e2_Step3.png Create a new album "Must have a title"

Step 4

Select the files from your pc to upload. FILES SIZE MUST BE UNDER 0.98 MB

large.5cee560a09ad2_Step4.png

large.5cee560a82d2d_Step5.png

If entering multiple files you can hold CTRL and highlight those files. Click Open.

Step 5

You will now see the pictures you have choosen.

large.5cee5cbf4c9f4_Step6.png

Hit continue

Step 7

Add any info here on the file you uploaded. Then hit finish editing, bottom right hand corner.

large.5cee5cbff11ef_Step7.png

You will then see.

large.Confirmation.png

Once done, your are done !

Now to add to your post

large.5cee5b7899e3b_Addingtopost.png

large.5cee5b7775832_Addingtopost1.png

Then choose from your new gallery.

large.5cee5b78280f9_Addingtopost2.png

Highlight the pictures you want then click inset selected bottom right hand corner

Your`e done

Aidwej

Any ideas how to do this on iPhone as not using a desktop thanks

2 hours ago, HullFeltMashematician said:

If you want to take pictures on a mobile device and upload them from that mobile device it's quite simple.

First, go into settings and turn off location services in the camera app, this means the camera will not save geotags. Then turn off location services all together and put airplane mode on. Now take your pictures.

Then download an image resizing app and resize the images so that they are within the limit for image uploads here on the site. Most of these apps will remove data saved to the image, but not to worry if it doesn't; uk420 gallery upload will do that for you.

So, now your images have been resized, log in to uk420, go to the "browse" drop down, click on gallery. Scroll down, click upload images to gallery. Upload the images to the members gallery, you'll have to create a folder, it's pretty straight forward though.

Once you've uploaded your images into the members gallery, all you need to do to use them is click "Insert other media" underneath the text box, "Insert existing attachment" and choose the image you want to use.

Hope this helps!

HFM

@HullFeltMashematician 

Hope you don't mind mate but you have just given the most simplistic way to upload and now hopefully will help all those in need

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah - no I don't have any answer! 

I'm on android phone. I can click on my profile pic and it will allow me to upload which is great - but I need to access my gallery itself. 

Any help anyone - pur-leeeeeze? Ta! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/05/2019 at 11:28 AM, Aidwej said:

Seen a few new comers struggling to upload pictures so I done a quick guide to help.

I don`t know if there is already one on the forums but anyway.

Step 1

Top right hand of your screen next to your user name you`ll see.

large.5cee5549c2e4d_Step1.png Click create then gallery.

Step 2

Now members gallery.

large.5cee5608b535f_Step2.png

Step 3

large.5cee5609308e2_Step3.png Create a new album "Must have a title"

Step 4

Select the files from your pc to upload. FILES SIZE MUST BE UNDER 0.98 MB

large.5cee560a09ad2_Step4.png

large.5cee560a82d2d_Step5.png

If entering multiple files you can hold CTRL and highlight those files. Click Open.

Step 5

You will now see the pictures you have choosen.

large.5cee5cbf4c9f4_Step6.png

Hit continue

Step 7

Add any info here on the file you uploaded. Then hit finish editing, bottom right hand corner.

large.5cee5cbff11ef_Step7.png

You will then see.

large.Confirmation.png

Once done, your are done !

Now to add to your post

large.5cee5b7899e3b_Addingtopost.png

large.5cee5b7775832_Addingtopost1.png

Then choose from your new gallery.

large.5cee5b78280f9_Addingtopost2.png

Highlight the pictures you want then click inset selected bottom right hand corner

Your`e done

Aidwej

Great just the info I needed, now how do I do it from my phone? Cant see any create tab? Is it possible?

• 2 weeks later...

Why can an uploaded image only be 1mb i cannot seem to even screenshot save an image of mine less then 2mb? any help?

2 hours ago, Gavl4r said:

Why can an uploaded image only be 1mb i cannot seem to even screenshot save an image of mine less then 2mb? any help?

Download an app called LitPhoto bro... let's you compress photos to desired size.. that's what I've had to use 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TommyTrichome said:

Download an app called LitPhoto bro... let's you compress photos to desired size.. that's what I've had to use 

Thank you man, i have managed to do it in photosho

• Start with a high resolution image
  • Open the image in Photoshop
  • Click Image -> Image Size
  • First change the Image?s resolution to 72 dpi then change the width to 500 pixels
  • Next click File - > Save for Web (or Save for Web & Devices)
  • There are tab options that say original or 2-Up. Click on 2-Up. Here you will see your original image on the left and the current version on the right. Below each image the file size is indicated.
  • Make sure your image is in the jpeg format and the ?Optimized? box is checked.
  • You can now adjust the file size to the right of your image in either or two ways:
  • 1. Use the drop down menu that lets you choose ?high,? ?medium,? etc. As you change the quality check the new file size indicated below the image on the right. 2. Where it says ?Quality?, simply decrease the number or use the slider to decrease the number until your image is 100 KB or less.
  • Like 1

Don’t know if this will help but it works for me, I take a photo on my iPhone then send it to myself on Facebook, then save the photo on my laptop and it lets me post them fine on here