£200 budget, suggestions?

highway_017

Can get some old high bay warehouse MH and extractors from kitchens etc, knock up a room out of scrap wood and plastic... Any smell issues find a part rotten badger from a road side and place this near the grow area...  Proper job!  

Whilst that might be said half jokingly, if your really on a budget why not look at the guerrilla section..?  could set up a half decent grow with £200, just saying. 

• Like 1

My advice, stick the £200 away for 3 months and save what you can, summers coming and you will need a decent extraction kit hence saying put it away. Wait 3 months, gain some extra cash, gather more knowledge and choose/plan the way you want to grow and how you want to do it properly. I know its hard when just starting to get growing but patience will save the £££ So many times I changed things in the first year or so and still am now.

It can be at times an expensive hobby and especially the initial outlay will be if you don't have a clear cut plan and way you want to grow, otherwise its all impulse buys and guesswork until you get what you need to get the environment dialled. In the time being though, you could try throwing some beans out somewhere outside, have a look in the guerrilla growers section. 

ATB 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, highway_017 said:

If I don't use a tent and just use a closet, can I just make a hole into the attic and vent through the carbon filter and into the attic?

It is possible but carbon filters perform better when sucked through and not blown through. If the closet is big enough it would be better to have the fan/filter inside the closet with ducting running through a hole into the loft, mine is very similar setup but runs through a hole in the wall into the adjoining room. I'd not recommend this in a rented property though.

All the best.

1 hour ago, highway_017 said:

If I don't use a tent and just use a closet, can I just make a hole into the attic and vent through the carbon filter and into the attic?

100% you can mate tent is only a grow space if you've already got a grow space after a few modifications you don't need tent anyway. Paint the walls in Matt white emulsion pick some up for a fiver 

Just spoke with dudes at growell, they can switch out the rvk 125 for a rvk 150 6 inch for an extra £20, so might just do that, would be as follows

1.2m x 1.2m x 2m bay6 tent (approved by others here)
bay6 mag hps 600w
6 inch 480m3 rvk 150 extraction
timer, hangers, etc.

• Like 2

I can stick about £100 into it each month or so, on things to increase the quality, intake fans, humidifiers, carbon dioxide thing, all that.

Put a contactor on your list, wouldnt run any HID without.

Safety first, smoke + heat alarm. 

Edited by stickyblack

That sounds like a much better kit mate, if it's a magnetic 600w ballast sit it on top of a brick if its on carpet or wood floor, they can get very hot

• Like 1

How much just for the fan and filter at gro well.  I have a cupboard and it's starting to smell with just one plant beginning to flower.

I've already got some plants getting ready, greenhouse bagseed although I know the strains, lemon haze and mandarin cookies, I've got some photos on the profile,
apart from that I want to get seeds for some mephisto autos, chem de la creme, forum stomper, grape walker, and some us genetics if I can get them, like
zkittles, stardawg, gsc, then some dutch/uk genetics, cheese, silver haze, people said I should be able to fit maxium nine plants in the tent so should
be able to do a decent few strains each go hopefully.

I do 2 in my 4x4 and feel it's 1 too many but I think you could get around 16 if you really wanted. There's a post somewhere from owderb breaking down how many plants per light that makes a lot of sense might be worth hunting down. It would be the cheese for me all the way haha maybe 1 of the hazes but want to get my experience up before I invest in some super sour silver diesel haze ..shocking name but great strain lol . I think you should run strains with similar flowering times. Iv never done more then 1 strain at a time personally incase of different feeding requirements growth rates etc etc just too much like hard work lol but whatever you decide good luck mate I don't think you need it but all the same 

• Like 1

Super silver diesal haze, sounds lovely that's defo going to be a contender, same with the US strains, sampled some of that cali import a while back but it's just too expensive even straight from the dispenaries it's $60 for 3.5g tins, fuck that If I need to I'll find some american or canadian willing to send me clones, I had a look for stardawg seeds but seems to be clone only, mate of mine ran a few plants of chemdawg, couple plants died but it was lovely smoke, low yield but he had to take it over after original owners killed some of the plants.

I had a look at the pot size thing, thanks man, seems really helpful, I'm thinking about four 2-3 ounce plants, that way I can try a few strains each go, no plans to stop growing now, I rememeber a wee few years I found a few giant ass fan leaves out on the trail one day, might go up and investiage the area, I doubt they are still growing it was quite a long time ago, only a mile or maybe two from my house, feels like double that though cause it's a mountain bike trail, seedsman have great deals atm on cheap autoflowers, planning on putting like ten out or so along with the indoors project, should have a good stockpile come christmas if it all works out.

• Like 1