£200 budget, suggestions?

highway_017

8 hours ago, highway_017 said:

I was going to do something like micheal but it's a rented property and i'm not good at diy really, i'm going to pick up the 1m x 1m bay6 tent and six inch rhino/systemair extraction, then a 600w hps the next week hopefully.

Seen a lot of negative comments about rhino gear mate I'd go for systemair fan you've found simply because of that to be honest. Hate to slate them but there's no smoke without fire and there's alot of smoke lol and your growing on a budget so a £60 loss to you is much greater than it would be to the bigwigs at rhino .Another bit of kit I would highly recommend is a fan controller cos those big fans can be loud. And never know when your going to get a surprise visit . I got a cheapo 1 for 9.99 it does the job great.police officers outside my home right now so being able to turn it down...lifesaving lol

kit there for 200 with rhino filter ram extraction budbox tent an lumii balast. Kits are what you make of them if you buy a kit from ebay all unbranded shit you’re probably gunna have a a bad time.

Edited by Joolz

Guest theokoles
56 minutes ago, Danknorthwest said:

kit there for 200 with rhino filter ram extraction budbox tent an lumii balast. Kits are what you make of them if you buy a kit from ebay all unbranded shit you’re probably gunna have a a bad time.

Looks a decent kit for the price, id add the £30 on to get it with a digital balast.. In fact i might contact them see if they can change the tent to the 1x1x1.8 and get it myself ..cheers.

1 hour ago, Danknorthwest said:

This would be a great buy, you won't regret having good equipment, and it'll pay itself off by the first grow with what you'll save from buying

I'll 2nd fox fan/filter kits being good for the money.  (Not the quietest fan but loads of power and I got a couple of there filters which should be on there last legs now but are still going strong).

They do 2 types of fan though. One that looks like a tt (no experience of that one soz) and another which is an all aluminium copy of an rvk by the looks and which I can vouch for :yep: 

I'd say have a look at epic growtents, very good quality for the price imo.

600w Digi hps cost pennies these days..

Push your budget another 50-75quid would be my advice, get it right first time for only a few quid more innit

Good luck and if any other members have bought cheap kits and give them the thumbs up I'd go with that.

Like someone else asked.

How much is an oz? (rhetorical)

Then work out how much it costs for a first time grow.

It usually begins this way.

Best of luck with your project.

what ever your budget is double it dude buy shite buy twice just my experince and two pennies worth.  im in a greenhose this year as cant use loft etc i estimated a coast of about 200 ish for a new 6 ft x 4 ft in the end ive made a 10ft x 6 ft x7 ft high for just over 220. Then on top of that i had neuts grow bags etc  My loft coast me a small fortune to get the enviromeant in there right.  just saying its a pricey  game and you get what ya pay for

Edited by bubbleguppie

I don't think Rhino is as bad as people are making out.  I've got the 5" fan and it seems really well built, moves a decent amount of air and runs quite quietly.  There's a lot worse out there than Rhino.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, michaeldbc said:

I would highly recommend is a fan controller cos those big fans can be loud. And never know when your going to get a surprise visit . I got a cheapo 1 for 9.99 it does the job

Best to avoid.  One of these nearly burned me out of house and home.

Just now, JJJ said:

Best to avoid.  One of these nearly burned me out of house and home.

How ? My lights turn on in 90mins and it's in there until then lol . And what's a good replacement? Cheers 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, michaeldbc said:

How ? My lights turn on in 90mins and it's in there until then lol . And what's a good replacement? Cheers 

If it's one of those Varispeed controllers, you know the basic plug with the blue dial on it, then they're possibly dangerous.  

I had mine to dial down a 4"RVK. It was only turned down a notch so the fan was probably running on about 75/80%.  As I opened the front door to the house on returning from work the smoke alarms were sounding and the there was an intense burning smell.  I freaked the fuck out and ran to my grow room to discover the fan was blowing out hot air.  It didn't sound like it was spinning but there was still some hot air passing through it.

I immediately disconnected the controller and plugged the fan in directly.  The fan returned to normal and ran properly for another two years before I finally upgraded.  For this reason I don't think it was the fan causing the issue.  It still works fine.

And as far as I know, RVK fans should be controllable.

I can't really recommend a good one as I don't really use them anymore.  I'm just controlling air-flow with the twin speed setting and passive air flaps but I'm positive that there's a lot better out there.

It just proves that buying on the cheap isn't really a good idea.

Just now, JJJ said:

If it's one of those Varispeed controllers, you know the basic plug with the blue dial on it, then they're possibly dangerous.  

I had mine to dial down a 4"RVK. It was only turned down a notch so the fan was probably running on about 75/80%.  As I opened the front door to the house on returning from work the smoke alarms were sounding and the there was an intense burning smell.  I freaked the fuck out and ran to my grow room to discover the fan was blowing out hot air.  It didn't sound like it was spinning but there was still some hot air passing through it.

I immediately disconnected the controller and plugged the fan in directly.  The fan returned to normal and ran properly for another two years before I finally upgraded.  For this reason I don't think it was the fan causing the issue.  It still works fine.

And as far as I know, RVK fans should be controllable.

I can't really recommend a good one as I don't really use them anymore.  I'm just controlling air-flow with the twin speed setting and passive air flaps but I'm positive that there's a lot better out there.

It just proves that buying on the cheap isn't really a good idea.

Mine is exactly 1 of those lol ..i have a mindset of I'm trying to grow some bud not be stealthy so I'm not bothered about taking it out .Il find an alternative though as that little plug has literally saved my skin today 

• Like 1

Just now, michaeldbc said:

Mine is exactly 1 of those lol ..i have a mindset of I'm trying to grow some bud not be stealthy so I'm not bothered about taking it out .Il find an alternative though as that little plug has literally saved my skin today 

Maybe mine was simply faulty - I'll never know. :unsure:

Edited by JJJ

If I don't use a tent and just use a closet, can I just make a hole into the attic and vent through the carbon filter and into the attic?

• Like 1