Billys Highland fuelishness with sour d and cmog

Hello friends, 

another diary here for my friend Mark, who very kindly donated these beans.

For those of you who don't know, im in the Northern wastelands of Scotland, way way up north at latitude 57.

ive been guerilla- ing for a few years, mostly half heartedly I admit, but this year ive put a bit of effort in. 

ive been lugging bags of soil into the woods to a secluded spot with the sole aim of growing some primo bud.

ive tried before up here with photo strains, with zero success, due to mould and bud rot later in the year.

I just hope that I can harvest something this year, if I get a joints worth it will be worth it

Now the plot, here you go, its nice eh, sheltered on all sides by trees, and far away from nosey bastards, I hope.

large_p12.jpglarge_p11.jpg

soil is verves finest, with added fish blood and bone and organic chicken manure pellets. I will add some tomorite if they look hungry. 

SO ive about 10 holes here, all ready to go.

I was gonna wait till I soaked the beans, but thought if I get them going now, being photos they will be a bit bigger by the time they go out.

Ive got HSOs best  strains for this adventure, Chocolate mint OG and sour diesel. 

Ive not had a lot of luck with other diesel strains, but im sure these will be different. So beans here, are soaked and will go straight into their first little pot when they crack. 

large_hso1.jpglarge_hso.jpg

in case you are wondering why there are 6 seeds in each, I had a couple of spare cmogs from a previous grow, so just punted them in. if you are wondering why I put one in with the sour diesels, well, ummm, so am I, brain fart moment. woops. The best 10 will go out. Cmon the beans 

Ooooooohhhhhh its getting dead exciting innit?

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 12

like it i would like to try in fife, in garden , but we have a window cleaner , do u think end off may to plant.as we had

hail stones yesterday, still frosty up ur way , regards.

• Like 4

Yeah, there was a covering of  snow this morning geogeo.

im keeping these indoors till at least the start of June, gonna veg them to a decent size before putting them out I think.

ive always put them out at start of June before and they have been ok

Im hoping for another summer heatwave

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 3

I don't mean to piss on your parade but there's no way they will get anywhere near finished at your lat.diesels are a punt even In the south of the uk.

Get some autos going and save yourself the disappointment.

Whatever I wish you the best of luck.

Regards

Stu

• Like 4

1 hour ago, stu sleeper 20vt said:

I don't mean to piss on your parade but there's no way they will get anywhere near finished at your lat.diesels are a punt even In the south of the uk.

Get some autos going and save yourself the disappointment.

Whatever I wish you the best of luck.

Regards

Stu

Ahh don't be such a quitter. They might come good if September October is fair.

plus, Ive got autos on my other plots

• Like 7

Sorry bob, but I'm with stu. Your looking at a mid Nov finish for the sour d if they don't rot first and the cmog will be a couple of weeks earlier. 

I'd love to see you pull it off mind :yep:

• Like 4

In that case i'll maybe do 2 in each hole then and add something else to the mix.

rummages around seed tin,  …..let me know about any of these

dinafem cheese

dna agent orange

heavyweight dream machine

Serious ak47?

dinafem blue cheese

Any of them more likely to finish?

• Like 3

Why not copy what strains Sawney had success with saying as he was at a similar lat

• Like 4

well Bill, its a good suggestion, and normally  I would, but im totally skint, having spent what little spare cash I had buying soil and that.

I noticed he did HFH strains, and ive tried them before without success, so I don't want to be doing the same again. the beans mentioned above, I already have, so I was kinda hoping some of them might be good enough for a try .

I wont be too surprised if I don't get anything at this lat from a photo strain.

maybe more autos is the answer, ive a fair few of them.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

maybe more autos is the answer, ive a fair few of them

Yes mate! Although I've found hfh to be solid and early, royal done can finish in August at lat52 and leb27 v2 mid Sept.

• Like 2