Billys outdoor highland fling

badbillybob

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 11:14 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

Now that's the crime lol

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

lol to be honest, I fucking hate coppers, all condescending and self righteous.....

So yeah mate...bit of a wrong 'un on my part.....

I was a bit of a slag, when I was in a Rock Band ha ha, my excuse

Hope you're good mate

:yep:

• Like 4

On 19/05/2019 at 10:52 AM, badbillybob said:

Also, A word of advice, don't use john innes #1 seedling compost, its utter shite.

Hello mate.  Was just reading through your thread and saw you've used this stuff too.  I have to agree on the quality - once watered it sets like a fucking brick.  I lost 3 auto seeds to this soil this season.  Fortunately, I mixed tonnes of perlite in with it so the others made it through.

Good luck with the grow. :yep:

Edited by JJJ
  • Like 4

hello my lovely outdoors types, its finally stopped raining in the northern wastelands, thank f*ck.

I went to see if they were still alive, and was met witth this sight, oh dear (deer geddit)large.7.jpg

a few cages on their sides. I went to investigate, expecting the worst, but no it wasn't any munching fuks, it was just the wind having blown them over. I used the thin stakes, because I ran out of bamboo. Gues I need to get some bamboo now. 

Anyway the plants are alive and look great, so far. 

Have a look, heres some moby xxls or er maybe widow XXLs. I thought id remember which fotos were which, but, im useless so sue me...large.6.jpglarge.3.jpglarge.4.jpglarge.5.jpg

As you can see they don't seem to have minded being rained on for a week, with temps as low as 7-8 degrees, Hardy plants these. 

I should have made the cages wider, but its all a learning process, ill do it next year, if I get any decent amount off these this time. 

The plants look healthy enough, no signs of munchers anywhere, and they havnt gone into bloom yet,, so hopefully they will do some more growing before they do. 

so far so good, he said looking for something wooden to hold onto

• Like 12

@badbillybob Looking good in the highlands  :yep:

Got lucky buddy, winds been brutal in the Midlands so can only imagine what it's like that far up north  :)

At least the plants were not damaged and just a bit if extra securing will help with those cages :yep:

Looking pretty good from here mate:headbang:

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 3

i was out today for a drive and decided to pop in on my favourite girls. 

I didn't have my camera or phone so no pics.

By way of an update, they are about knee high, and have almost reached the top of the mesh cages. There is a fair bit of stretch between nodes, but that's the norm outdoors.

No signs of pistils yet, which is good, I reckon I should  get another 3-4 weeks  before they go blooming on me,  what with the longest day being the 22nd of June isn't it?

I reckon they will keep going. The stems are pretty thick, the leaves look unmunched,  and now they are almost at the top of the cages, I think they will start going for it once the get over the top .

Ill take some pics next time im down there, but so far- so good. 

• Like 4

On 18/06/2019 at 1:47 PM, badbillybob said:

No signs of pistils yet, which is good, I reckon I should  get another 3-4 weeks  before they go blooming on me,  what with the longest day being the 22nd of June isn't it?

It won't be to long until they enter bloom mate. You are doing our xxl autos correct?

Atleast your not bogged down mate, hopefully were in for a few weeks of decent sun then they can really kick into gear ;)

Thanks for the update from the highlands mate :yep:

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 3

evenin  stoners, im back with a little update for you.

I had a site visit today, because the sun has eventually decided to shine. lets hope it keeps shining for the next 2 months eh?

I lost one of the cages, its probably blown into the woods somewhere, but I couldn't be arsed looking for it. The plant remains un-munched, so thayts fine. 

Unlike my poor HSO offerings (rip) which succumbed to "the swamp" these are doing well, 

Im not gonna blabber on about things, just have a look at the picslarge_c5.jpglarge_c4.jpglarge_c3.jpglarge_c2.jpglarge_c1.jpg

ive forgotten which is which, but im certain the far off ones are mobys. the widows look the same so far, and I think they might have started flowering.

They were undoubtedly stunted by all the friggin rain, but they can get on with growing big fat buds now, I hope....

in the words of the advert - Still winning...…...

• Like 10

They look like they gave grown alot for a couple weeks since your last visit.  Well done 

• Like 3

Peg those cages down i reckon mate. Maybe stick some bamboo canes in the ground and ziptie them to the cages for extra support.

• Like 4

On 26/06/2019 at 7:05 PM, badbillybob said:

I had a site visit today, because the sun has eventually decided to shine. lets hope it keeps shining for the next 2 months eh?

I lost one of the cages, its probably blown into the woods somewhere, but I couldn't be arsed looking for it. The plant remains un-munched, so thayts fine. 

Unlike my poor HSO offerings (rip) which succumbed to "the swamp" these are doing well, 

Im not gonna blabber on about things, just have a look at the picslarge_c5.jpglarge_c4.jpglarge_c3.jpglarge_c2.jpglarge_c1.jpg

ive forgotten which is which, but im certain the far off ones are mobys. the widows look the same so far, and I think they might have started flowering.

They were undoubtedly stunted by all the friggin rain, but they can get on with growing big fat buds now, I hope....

Considering how the HSO ladies faired I was not holding out much hope but I was way off, They look to be doing really well mate ;)

Thanks for the update from the highlands buddy  :yep:

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 3

On 26/06/2019 at 7:05 PM, badbillybob said:

• Like 1