Billys outdoor highland fling

badbillybob

Hello my fellow gardeners, This year I am doing an outdoor dinafem/ HSO  adventure, up in the scenic highlands of Scotland. 

Im at latitude 57, so I often find myself shoeing away angry moose, arctic foxes  and polar bears.

Ive been trying to grow outdoors  for a few years - with very little success, mostly due to running photo strains, poor preparation, bud rot,and all manner of other fuck ups along the way. 

BUT.....this year is gonna be different - oh yes indeedy. ive had a word with the big fellah upstairs and ordered lashing of sun, only occasional showers and a dry September, so it should be good. 

ive got a target of 40 grams to beat, this being my best attempt so far, brought about last year due to the sweltering summer, and using autos

This year im going with Dinafems awesome white widow xxl, and moby dick xxxl autos. 

Ive done both varieties indoors and they did really well,. Im not expecting a gram per watt outjsdoors, but i'll aim  for  the stars, as ye do. 

Plots are in the process of getting holes filled with B&Qs finest verve.

I will be adding some blood fish and bone, and a handful of organic chicken manure, along with some phospherous to help get the root system going at the atart. Apart from that, they might get a top dressing or 2 as the season goes on, depending on how they look.

Heres the hardwarelarge_out4.jpglarge_out3.jpglarge_out1.jpg

ive got some decent plots this year, I hope, and will be spreading the slug pellets around the plants, as ive seen a few slugs around the plot. 

I will be soaking the seeds in a couple of weeks, growing them indoors for a week to 10 days, then they will be left to fend for themselves.

Im just finished picking the first ticks of the season off my body after last nights soil run.

SO lets get it on!

• Like 22

Howdy neighbour, I'm at lat 55.9 but I call it 55 to make myself feel better.  Fingers crossed x

• Like 4

Ticks already... Jeez, I thought you lot up there would be safe into May from the little bastards. Best get the proper leg coverage out! Good luck bud, that's a decent amount of ferts and compo. Liking the strain choice too :yep:

• Like 4

Well I think we can say this is one of the most northern UK grows we have going this 2019 outdoor season :bong:

Let's see how the Dinafem girl's and HSO ladies fair in the "Highlands" a perfect name for a pot location so let's see how this pans out :yep:

@badbillybob Thank you so much for getting your outdoor adventure up and running my friend  ;)

Good luck mate :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 5

Thanks fellahs, i was marching on this morning. Loaded the bergen, and marched out to the plot. Its about half a mile from the car, but ive been up there since 7 ish this morning, determined to get it fiinished. 

I got the last 6 or 7 bags down by about 9/10ish , so rather foolishly decided to hit the town and buy another 9 bags,

ive now  marched them out too. its a belting day up here too, about 17 degrees here,  Im home now, and my back is creaking, but if it wasnt for the fact that im as hard as fookin nails, i would probably be complaining by now.

im going back out this afternoon to spread some horse shite around the bottom of the holes and add some fish blood and bone etc. then im retiring to the fattest  pure weed  joint you have ever seen!!

because im worth it lol. 

now get your bergens on and repeat after me

" ahh don't know but ive been told"

"big bad billys plots got some gold"

"hes been humfing loads of mud",

"maybe cos hes a bit of a fud "

His plots are gonna grow some weed"

"or poor ole billy gonna go  off his heeed"

sound of 1,2 ……...sound of 3,4

• Like 19

heres some plot pics for you the soil has sunk slightly cos its been raining last night and this morning. 

first up is plot 1

about a 10 holes here, cant remember exactly

large_p12.jpga bit closer

large_p11.jpg

you can see how sandy the soil is, hence why I had to import bags and bags of the stuff. 

next up is plot 2 a smaller plot with 6 holes spread aroundlarge_p32.jpglarge_p31.jpg

that's about the size of the holes apart from a few smaller ones.

next up is plot 3, a stones throw from plot 2, but the biggest, has about 14-16 holes. again I wasn't counting. 

large_p23.jpglarge_p22.jpglarge_p21.jpg

Again, check out the sand, its like the beach lol. 

they look a bit bare, but there is loads of brambles, nettles and ferns which will hide them a bit once they get up in the next month or so. 

I could have planted a hundred here, but the smell would have been overpowering, and I couldn't afford a hundred bags of soil.

If it works out this year, I will plonk more down next year. 

• Like 16

nice spot this will be good:smokin:looking forward to this may the ganja gods smile on this ere spot.

• Like 6

On 4/30/2019 at 1:03 PM, badbillybob said:

" ahh don't know but ive been told"

"big bad billys plots got some gold"

"hes been humfing loads of mud",

"maybe cos hes a bit of a fud "

His plots are gonna grow some weed"

"or poor ole billy gonna go  off his heeed"

sound of 1,2 ……...sound of 3,4

I see you've got guerrilla fever already mate lol Best of luck for the season, nice plots :yep:

• Like 4

@badbillybob That an impressive couple of plots my friend and nice to see you hard at work prepping  ;)

So glad your taking part this season mate. Its going to be our best yet :yep:

Until next week mate :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3