Purple Moby Dick

botanics

Right, so I thought I'd do a diary.  Truth be told, I've been missing it and need to get back to nature a bit more as the matrix is doing my head in :wallbash: 

Anyway, I had these Purple Moby Dick seeds sent out with my prize last year and thought it's the right time to give them a go.  Earlier today I opened up the tin and put four into a Maxicrop solution for a pre soak and stuck them in the airing cupboard.  They'll love it in there and I'll give it a day or so and check for some indication of growth.  This grow is back to my old method of compost however and I'm done with solely using coco bricks tbh.  They're too much fucking around see, what with giving them a rinse out and then all this constant PH and EC stuff throughout the grow and not managing to get the Calcium/Magnesium ratio on point etc. :headpain: is all a load of hard work in my opinion!  lol 

Yep, back in the mud  :) but not using Jacks Magic this time as I picked up some Westland's MP with John Innes (I don't tend to favour JI mixes usually as I've found they compact and go a bit too hard, but my current plants are well happy with it and without many additions too, except for some rockdust and miccos)  I am going to put a little bit of coco in with these PMD's though just to ease it up a bit and give the roots an easier time of it when they go into their pots ;) 

Light's wise, well it's the usual story for me and these will go into my little nursery (LED/CFL combo mix) and will start them in my pot noodle starters and pot up when ready until finals of 5L.  I have been running under 250W lately as the fan is getting a bit old now and not as efficient thus 400W gets a bit hot unless in the coldest months and then I hit 30 C.  I'll be upgrading the kit later in the year though with some fancy new gear and doing the research to ensure the investment is a wise one.

Photo of the beans before I put them in the solution (don't know what the ratio was as I just put 'a bit' in lol )

large.5cb492e36c1bb_PurpleMD-PreSoak.jpg

I'll update when they show and ready to go into the mix folks ;)  so until next time, thanks for watching :v: 

• Like 14

Guest Thor420
7 minutes ago, botanics said:

Right, so I thought I'd do a diary.  Truth be told, I've been missing it and need to get back to nature a bit more as the matrix is doing my head in :wallbash: 

Anyway, I had these Purple Moby Dick seeds sent out with my prize last year and thought it's the right time to give them a go.  Earlier today I opened up the tin and put four into a Maxicrop solution for a pre soak and stuck them in the airing cupboard.  They'll love it in there and I'll give it a day or so and check for some indication of growth.  This grow is back to my old method of compost however and I'm done with solely using coco bricks tbh.  They're too much fucking around see, what with giving them a rinse out and then all this constant PH and EC stuff throughout the grow and not managing to get the Calcium/Magnesium ratio on point etc. :headpain: is all a load of hard work in my opinion!  lol 

Yep, back in the mud  :) but not using Jacks Magic this time as I picked up some Westland's MP with John Innes (I don't tend to favour JI mixes usually as I've found they compact and go a bit too hard, but my current plants are well happy with it and without many additions too, except for some rockdust and miccos)  I am going to put a little bit of coco in with these PMD's though just to ease it up a bit and give the roots an easier time of it when they go into their pots ;) 

Light's wise, well it's the usual story for me and these will go into my little nursery (LED/CFL combo mix) and will start them in my pot noodle starters and pot up when ready until finals of 5L.  I have been running under 250W lately as the fan is getting a bit old now and not as efficient thus 400W gets a bit hot unless in the coldest months and then I hit 30 C.  I'll be upgrading the kit later in the year though with some fancy new gear and doing the research to ensure the investment is a wise one.

Photo of the beans before I put them in the solution (don't know what the ratio was as I just put 'a bit' in lol )

large.5cb492e36c1bb_PurpleMD-PreSoak.jpg

I'll update when they show and ready to go into the mix folks ;)  so until next time, thanks for watching :v: 

Happy growing!

• Like 3

Alright there @botanics

Long time no see dude, good to see you back on the grow :bong:

And what a banger of a strain, have you tried the Purple moby dick before? 

I have and I can confirm it is amazing and I am sure you will like it,I struggle to remember growing her but I do remember a great yield and massive long buds, well not that massive but one of the larger yeilders I have grown to date.

Take it easy. Jj:yinyang:

• Like 6

@Jibba jabba

:cheers: mate!  Yeah, the growing this last few months has been all over the place tbh.  Not smoked it so looking forward to it Jj and what you've written there is good to read bud :yep: 

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, botanics said:

Yep, back in the mud

great to see you back brother

3 minutes ago, Jibba jabba said:

I have and I can confirm it is amazing

totally agree with jibba, shes a beautiful smoke 

good luck, and happy growing  :cheers:

sam

• Like 5

@botanics im gonna follow along as I have never really followed a Purple Moby Dick before lol strange name or what, like something from lovehoney.com...

Toke...

• Like 11

@botanics Nice to see you back brother and with another Dinafem grow :yep:

Let's see what you can do with our Purple Moby Dick  ;)

Best of luck with the grow mate. As always I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest  :bong:

Great to see you back!

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 6

Yes mate @botanics

I won some of these recently as well so am very interested in seeing how they perform.  They sound amazing from dinafems write up.   All the best fella, bring on the trip.

Thanks everyone for stopping by :hug:Good news is, out of four that went into the solution all have cracked with taproots developing and so I put them into compost starters earlier and back in the dark until they're up :yep: 

@samhigh

It's good to be back and interested in the plants again Sam and also back to the easy way for me.  I've noticed that I don't do as well in the head when I'm not tending to the plants as much and reciprocal energy flow I think :yinyang: 

@tokenroll

lol  I love the innuendo with this strain bud!...It reminds me of when I played GTA San Andreas on the original xbox and a specific mission whereby it was necessary to batter a chap with a big purple rubber cock whilst dressed in a gimp suit!  lol 

@Dinafem-Mark

Thanks mucker, it's good to be back in here doing something other than reading and trying to fight the matrix tbh.  I'm looking forward to these :v: 

@Smokebelch

Yet another thumbs up of praise there and long fat donkey dicks are just the ticket, thanks mate, noticed your COTC entry too and you are growing some fine buds indeed! 

@Rampa Green

Well I hope I do a decent job with them then bud so you can watch them go like.  I've run a Moby Dick but I was having issues with the medium and struggled to bloom it out, but even then it performed better than it should have done.  Quite powerful that was so I'm hoping this has the same punch with some flavour enhancement from the purple side and double trouble :naughty: 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, botanics said:

I've noticed that I don't do as well in the head when I'm not tending to the plants as much and reciprocal energy flow I think :yinyang: 

there is a sense of peace and tranquility, i have noticed even working in the yard with the plants its just peaceful and relieves stress.

it gets in your blood, great to have you back brother. :smokin:

sam

• Like 5

And they're off...

Afternoon all :v: 

Well, once again Dinafem's reliability is proved beyond reason and out of four beans cracked in the pre soak (two a bit earlier and all four within two days), I'm pleased to announce that all four have put their heads above the soil  :yahoo: (took a few days and the last one showed yesterday).  

So four beans in and four seedlings up and ready to go...good stuff Dinafem :yep: 

The starter mix I freed up with some vermiculite as I haven't got any coco brick washed through but I didn't put a lot in, just in case there's any concretion of the medium, although it's been good with my other plants (below)

large.5cbdab9aa682a_SomangoLemonZkittleCreamMandarine.jpg

(plants are 1 x Somango, 1 x Cream Mandarine and 1 x Lemon Zkittle - Just switched over to bloom)

Yeah, so well chuffed with being back in the mud and very happy with the JI mix too as it seems there's a fair portion of seaweed within it, given the bluish hue on the vegetation (they haven't had anything other than plain water since germination and no additional maxicrop solution at all)

Other than being happy that these PMD's are up there's not much to say yet apart from some data :-

Medium - Westlands MP with JI + addition of vermiculite (around 15%)

Pots - Bombay bad boy starters

Lights - 96 W total of combined LED/CFL (4500 K) (grew the above plants to the current stage)

Food - None

Hydration -  When necessary

Temps - 28 C Lamps on / 25 C Lamps off

Photo

large.5cbdab9d32f5a_PurpleMDGermination.jpg

It's a crap photo but early days and not much to see anyway, they're up and ready for it, that's the important bit! lol

I'll leave it there for now though folks and will check in with an update soon...thanks for watching :v:  

• Like 9

On 22/04/2019 at 1:26 PM, botanics said:

Well, once again Dinafem's reliability is proved beyond reason and out of four beans cracked in the pre soak (two a bit earlier and all four within two days), I'm pleased to announce that all four have put their heads above the soil  :yahoo: (took a few days and the last one showed yesterday).  

And the adventure begins ;)

Great to see you back buddy :yep:

100% germination is a great to any grow. Let's do this!

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 3

:cheers:

Update - 7 Days

Afternoon all, a quick update on these PMD's and photo :yep: 

large.5cc71204bf540_PMD-7Days.jpg

So, 7 days in and all doing ok.  One is a bit behind as can be seen and this one didn't stretch any stem either, funnily enough, just stayed squat and gone from there :yep:   All are happy though it seems and will no doubt motor on now their leaves are getting larger and more light.  I won't be potting them up though for at least ten days I reckon, perhaps another two weeks as I usually find that my plants can stay in these pots for three weeks under this lighting rig before potting up to the next phase.

Data - 

Lights - CFL/LED combo 96W 4500K 20/4

Medium - Westlands with JI MP + 15% vermiculite included

Temps - 28 C Lamps on / 24 C Lamps off

Feed - None

Hydration - When necessary and building to full wet/dry cycle

That's it for now though folks and thanks for the comments @Ratdog and  @Dinafem-Mark.  Yeah, it's good to be back around a bit more lads :v: 

• Like 7