Kong Island

Sargares

@Dinafem-Marknot flowering yet. I'll give em about 10 days to get the roots out in to the pot then flip em. I'm picking the quantum boards up on Wednesday. I also need to take a couple of clones off each plant.

Don't wanna let em get too big because obviously.... I've got a lot of plants jammed in. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sargares said:

@Dinafem-Marknot flowering yet. I'll give em about 10 days to get the roots out in to the pot then flip em. I'm picking the quantum boards up on Wednesday. I also need to take a couple of clones off each plant.

Don't wanna let em get too big because obviously.... I've got a lot of plants jammed in. 

Now I'm getting excited  :yep:

This is going to be an epic flower show  ;)

Can't wait :yep:

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

Now I'm getting excited  :yep:

This is going to be an epic flower show  ;)

Can't wait :yep:

Mark..

Me neither! 

I was going to top again but I think they'll be too bushy if I do. The side branching is good and they're stout. I'm not going to let em get big enough to justify another topping. I think veg untill they're about the diameter of the saucers and then flowering should fill the gaps in to give us a solid 2.4 x 1.2 canopy.... Assuming the stretching isn't too uneven. Haha. 

Edited by Sargares
  • Like 2

These are the broad grouped phenotypes as I see them so far. Obviously every plant is an individual but I've grouped them into their respective types. There's 3 types I can see so far (for me) 

1. The spindly one. Thinner stems. Good side branching. Smaller, thinner leaves. Sensitive to environment. I've got 9 that I think fit into this group. There was 10 but i killed one. Most common type. 

large.rsz_1dsc_2054.jpg

2. Indica dominant pheno. Short,fat leaves. Slower vegative growth than other phenotypes. Seems the most resilient to abuse. 5 of these I think. 

large.rsz_dsc_2056.jpg

3. I'm calling the gg4 pheno only because its continueing to exhibit the leaf twist. This is my favourite pheno at this stage. Biggest leaves, good vigour, nice root system, quite resistant to abuse. Not as Hardy as 2 but much hardier than 1. 3x this pheno. 

@Dinafem-Mark

large.rsz_dsc_2055.jpg

Edited by Sargares
  • Like 5

Just been on a stem sniffing spree trying to find the culprit of the most outrageous eye watering onion/garlic smell. Can't find her so must be someone out of easy reach. 

The majority of the stem rubs so far are yielding fuel smells. Diesel/petrolly rubber smells are the majority of em. Also some perfumey chem smells.

Need to find the onion pheno as the smell of that is escaping and filling the whole place up. 

What's mildly annoying is I've got an expensive pack of 3 chems from topdawg sat there which I was hoping to find a funky onion chem d pheno in.... And seems the gorilla's might have delivered me one.... 

Edited by Sargares
  • Like 3

large.rsz_dsc_2091.jpg

Deathstar is fully operational. 

4x hlg240 kits attached to 2x 480w meanwell drivers. Plus 250w cxb3590 rail.

Going to flip to flower either tomorrow or Tuesday. Almost big enough and I'm worried about light stress now! 

• Like 7

Looking great man, I'm a bit late to the party but keen to watch this unfold as I'm considering running some Gorilla on my next run. Maybe not 18 of them though unfortunately lol

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SBBudz420 said:

Looking great man, I'm a bit late to the party but keen to watch this unfold as I'm considering running some Gorilla on my next run. Maybe not 18 of them though unfortunately lol

This is the biggest grow I've ever done. I'm doing 2 big grows to find a bunch of keeper phenos in quick order then going to a no till with way less plants. I just cba spending 18 months pheno hunting. Rather do a couple of big runs and be done with it.

Edited by Sargares
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Sargares said:

This is the biggest grow I've ever done. I'm doing 2 big grows to find a bunch of keeper phenos in quick order then going to a no till with way less plants. I just cba spending 18 months pheno hunting. Rather do a couple of big runs and be done with it.

Fair enough mate can't blame you at all there. Will be interested to see how much variation there is between plants once in flower, as you've stated already it's looking like a bit of a mix! I'm looking for a real couch lock smoke as part of my next run and I'm swaying towards gorilla from what I've been reading on multiple diaries.

That's another thing I'm interested in, No till, would like to have a look into that in the future but I need to get the grasps of some other basics first! lol

• Like 3

Had to increase the headroom to over 80cm and I've turned the cob rail off for now. 

By the end of 18 hours of light they were looking like they'd been hit by a solar flare. Leaves turning etc to avoid the light. 

Too much for veg clearly. On the plus side definitely established that there's enough balls in place to give anything as much as it can take. 

Set my veg tent up. Clones go in tomorrow hopefully then I'm going to I think 11/13 due to the light intensity. 

• Like 1

On 26/05/2019 at 9:20 AM, Sargares said:

Deathstar is fully operational. 

4x hlg240 kits attached to 2x 480w meanwell drivers. Plus 250w cxb3590 rail.

Lovely stuff ;)

The "Deathstar" is fully operational :yep:

Time to start the flower show mate  :headbang:

Looking in great shape buddy :yep:

Mark..

• Like 2

All clones taken and transferred to my new mother tent. 1.2 x 1.2 under 250w of cobs. 

Officially onto flower light cycle on the main tent. I'll take some photos tomorrow. Maybe let em get a smidge big but oh well.... It'll be a dense canopy anyway! 

large.rsz_dsc_2116.jpg

In here we have a tray load of OZ kush. 

2 zkittlez mums. 

A rooted headbanger clone. 

2 rooted cherry zkittles clones. 

2 trays of gorilla, the new and a couple of headbanger clones. 

Cheers. 

• Like 3

Full tent shot. Perked up some now 

Probably vegged for a few days too many but ohwell. 

large.5cefd3fc6122a_rsz_dsc_2124(1).jpg

• Like 4

Started to trim out all the lower leaves and shit side branches today. Going to take me a few days at this rate and I'll do it again in 2 weeks. All the leaves are going on as a mulch layer. 

Ive fed a 2ml/l dose of fish mix. A 2ml/l dose of grow and a 2ml/l bloom on the last 3 waterings. I've also being using bio wetter. Fed bio silicone on the first 2 of the above waterings. Might do one more dose and then that'll do. Can't help myself bloody potion making... 

Been foliar feeding every day at lights off. with either rhizotonic or bioheaven (amino acids, supposedly) 

Flowering photoperiod is 11/13. 

Temps are 27-28 lights on and low 20s lights off. 

Gorillas have really reacted quickly to the flip. Much quicker than the new. They're really growing like fuck the last few days and pistils are forming nicely. 

Pic of the jungle: 

large.rsz_dsc_2146.jpg

Edited by Sargares
  • Like 6

Side note: All the gorilla's are pretty level in height so far as you can see.... Apart from one lanky bitch in the left just off the picture who has a very sativa structure. The one I photographed as the example sativa dom pheno funnily enough which is now the only one In the tent noticeably taller than the rest. 

• Like 1