Kong Island

Sargares

Been waiting to do this one for a while.

Aim is to find a really good keeper out of gorilla. I have an idea in my head what I'd like to find but ill let the smoke decide when the time comes. 

Plan is to run 15 gorilla's through flower and hopefully poke in 3x the new which will be a seperate log. I've planted extra beans to cover casualties and failed germs. If I get too many plants I'll select as many the news as I have and then kill gorilla's untill I'm down to 18 plants total. 

Biggest grow I've ever run but I keep running out of smoke messing around, bean popping and doing other stupid things so I'm running a bigger grow this time to stock up and hopefully find some special plants. 

Set up:

Veg:

Tent:1x1x2

Lighting: 5x cxb3590 (4x 3000 k 1x 6500k) @50w each. 250w total. 

Fans: 2x 6" rvk in/out on a fan controller (currently running dumb as I dropped the probe into a watering can. Awaiting spare from manufacturer) + matching carbon filter 

Heating: 800w oil ratiator on thermostat. 

Flower tent is 2.4x1.2x1.8 with 250w of cobs on a rail and 4x 240w Quantum boards. I'll go into more detail at the time save bogging the thread down. 

I'm planning to arrange the plants into 3 x 6 pattern. Probably finish in 15l fabric pots. 

Medium:

Germinate in rootits. 

Veg in light mix. 

Flower in amended lightmix. Will effectively be a reduced coots mix (worm castings + minerals) added to the light mix base to give it a smidge more juice. 

Feeding: no plan to feed npk in veg. I use rhizotonic. Its good shit. 

Flowering will be a top dress of worm castings, amendment mix and barley malt. If and when I feel its needed I may add some biobizz liquid nutes. My biobizz liquid schedule is a 50/50 grow/fish mix low dose + bloom. 

I usually add epsom salts via watering as per oldtimers regime. 

Micorhizae inoculation will be done when transferring to first pot. I use xtreme gardening MYKOS as it's pure Rhizophagus Irregularis. That's the man for the job. Any ectomicorhizae, bacillus etc are a waste of time. I roll the bare roots in the granules and throw some in at repot. 

Benes will be provided by DIY compost Tea. If and when I can be arsed. I also have sannies bacto that I add at least once a week. 

All water is obviously dechlorinated. 

Anyway onto business:

2 full 10 packs of Dinafem Gorilla into Rootit tray. 

large.rsz_dsc_1873.jpg

Try to get the damn foam plug out....

Water the cubes to approximately correct moisture level. 

Seeds into the cubes. Rip a piece off and stuff it on top as per instructions to cover seeds. 

large.rsz_dsc_1874.jpglarge.rsz_dsc_1875.jpglarge.rsz_dsc_1876.jpg

Lid goes on the propogator and it goes under my bed with a heat mat. 

This was Saturday night by the way right before I sat and trimmed up the headbanger. Little moral booster before the misery of trimming. 

This very afternoon. Starting to pop up. Can see about 15 that have either broken the surface or i can see are about to. Rest should be up by morning I think. 

large.rsz_1dsc_1886.jpg

Transferred propogator to veg tent. Light is high up so they don't get battered too hard. I don't have another chance to attend to them untill tomorrow night. Imo if I leave them untill then before giving them light I'll be setting em up for stringyness. 

Individual detail will obviously be limited with so many plants in the log but I'll try to give a good overview of the genetic content of the strain and give detailed reports of the best ones. 

The new log will be on hso as soon as they arrive. If they're far behind I'll just train them less to let em catch up. 

Cheers guys and fingers crossed this goes smoothly. Spring grow is usually the best! 

• Like 9

Oh. Target condition is 28*c

Rh:70%

In propogator humidity will be pretty much 100. Once out, they're in with a revegging monster headbanger stump and half my mother's and some cuttings so all them should help keep humidity up. 

• Like 4

nice one .... im pulling up a chair for this grow .....  counting down till i pop  this years beans ,,,, tick  tock    ... tick tock  :yep:

• Like 3

@Sargares  I'll be pulling up a chair to watch this, I believe you'll have your work cut out making your picks - those Gorillas have some real nice plants in them. Very strong smoke, might be worth running yourself a "daytime smoke" plant with this grow!

• Like 3

@monkeypig I imagine I'll have a hard time too.

And the day smoke is not an issue. I have a friend with a beautiful cut of outlaw that's dialled in very well on repeat. So I'll just trade a bunch'a this for a bunch'a that :D

• Like 5

I tried to get the gg4 clone to run alongside. All the clone fairies where growing it last year.... But seems no one has it now and I can't find it for love nor money. 

I'm hoping to find something with a similar terp profile in these but hopefully with a better structure and a more snug indica stone. 

First few weeks are the worst. Once we are past them I'll be confident. 

• Like 3

large.rsz_dsc_1887.jpg

2 more just out of sight. 17 anyway so far so made it past the 15 minimum anyway. Just adding reserves to the team now. 17/20 ain't too bad even if there's no more. 

• Like 6

We have lift off! :punk:

Looking good so far my friend :skin_up:

The Gorilla is a really fine strain & I'm confident you'll find a keeper :yep:

• Like 3

They're doing nicely. I'll update tomorrow when I repot. Should do it today but don't have time. Roots are peaking out of the sides already and first set of leaves are forming on most of em. 

18 germ'd so far. Maybe the other 2 will come up but we shall see. One got stuck in its shell which I removed but the cotylodones look a bit fucked up so we shall see if it makes it. 

Also going to introduce a population of hypoaspis Miles and predatory nematodes pre emptively this week. My mother's need a top up too anyway. 

Edited by Sargares
  • Like 3

OK repot to mystery pots. I'm fairly sure they're 0.7l

Change of plan on the medium, couldn't get light mix in time so used plant magic. Probably have less fungus gnats anyway. 

large.rsz_dsc_1898.jpg

18 babies germ'd. 

Popped em out. Rolled em in MYKOS. Threw some MYKOS in the part filled pots for good measure. 

large.rsz_dsc_1900.jpg

Buried em all up part way up the stem to reduce the chance of em falling over. 

Compacted the soil a bit as pm disappeares when you water it. 

Watered em in with a 1/4 dose of rhizotonic. Added a bit more soil where necessary and wetted em all again. 

large.rsz_dsc_1901.jpg

Will have to tidy up tomorrow I timed out. Had to go to work! Good enough for today though! 

Cheers. 

• Like 6

I've been waiting to see a monster Gorilla grow and here it is :)

18/20 babies are through and out of those 18 I'm sure you'll find more than one keeper  :bong:

Seedlings are now in their first homes, looking good and ready to show us what they can do  ;)

Let the mass Gorilla grow begin :yep:

Oh love the diary title also. Very cool thread name :)

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 4

Going away untill Monday so I've turned the lights to be on 17/7 as its warm as fuck and that's the least im prepared to let them go for 4 days (I have mother's in that may well start flowering even at that cycle) so we hopefully don't dehydrate much. 

Drowned em all in a 50% dose of rhizotonic and also have started the soil inoculation. 

At this stage i don't want to risk a DIY aerated compost tea incase it goes wrong and I introduce a large population of pathogens. They're too young to survive... Aerated ct is much better than dry bacterial mix but too risky for me at this stage. I know exactly what goodies I'm introducing out of the packet. 

I treated all the water and mixed in biosys at recommended dose (impossible to overdose anyway tbh). 

It contains some endo micorrhizae which I don't really like but they're not well introduced to the soil via drench anyway so hopefully won't steal the thunder off the rhizophagus irregularis I've already introduced. 

More photos Monday. They're looking good so far. 

Cheers again. 

Edited by Sargares
  • Like 4

OK same watering as last time but also 1ml/l biobizz grow and a half dose of bio silicone. 

They were fine after being left a few days despite being ridiculously hot. 

Update photos:

large.rsz_dsc_1923.jpglarge.rsz_dsc_1922.jpg

• Like 5

@Sargares I hope you enjoyed your small weekend break mate?

Now the babies have been potted up that's some impressive growth over the last few days ;)

Kong island is looking in great shape at this early stage :yep:

Keep the updates coming my friend  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1