Kong Island

Sargares

They're flying along. Going to be a close one on the flower tent. Going to have to get my ass in gear and get everything ready as these seem to be going at light speed. They're even bigger now. Next watering I'm hoping to introduce first round of predators( I spotted some fungus gnat larvae in a failed rootit) Then back to the rhizotonic special sauce! 

Edit: oh yeh @Dinafem-Mark, how did you guys create your gorilla? Was she basically an attempt at recreating the accidental original breeding or is there any breeding back to the clone? Just out of interest. Doesn't bother me much regardless good smokes good smoke but be interesting to know.

Cheers. 

Edited by Sargares
  • Like 3

Little sleeping photo. They've been getting watered virtually every day so far this week. Just plain, treated water for last 2 days. 

large.rsz_dsc_1943.jpg

Varying sizes but all looking OK so far! None in there looking like duds right now. 

• Like 5

OK. They've had a Watering of 2ml/l bioheaven. Guys at grow and harvest gave it to me for free so that was cool. Never used it before. Thought I'd chuck some in every now and then. 

Just introduced the commandos.

large.rsz_dsc_1955.jpg

Hypoaspis miles and predatory nematodes. I've not really noticed much pest action (sciarid flys etc, usual suspects) but these dudes are going in as a preemptive strike. With any luck theyll cover me for the whole grow and if not certainly for the next month at least. 

Nematodes get watered in (pain in the ass as they didn't need watering but tough shit. Mites get sprinkled on. Lights have been turned off for a few hours so our new mates don't get an unwanted sun tan.

Anyway, update photo:

large.rsz_dsc_1957.jpg

• Like 6

On 23/04/2019 at 10:37 PM, Sargares said:

Edit: oh yeh @Dinafem-Mark, how did you guys create your gorilla? Was she basically an attempt at recreating the accidental original breeding or is there any breeding back to the clone? Just out of interest. Doesn't bother me much regardless good smokes good smoke but be interesting to know.

Cheers. 

From my understanding We would have worked directly with the GG cut and not tried to reproduce the Gorilla lineage by crossing the 3 original strains. 

This would have been our approach mate :yep:

On 27/04/2019 at 7:31 PM, Sargares said:

Hypoaspis miles and predatory nematodes. I've not really noticed much pest action (sciarid flys etc, usual suspects) but these dudes are going in as a preemptive strike.

Taking a pro active approach  ;) best to keep on top of any potential bug/pest issues and natural predators are very effective and natural  :yep:

All plants look good from this end buddy :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

Looking like they'll want a repot Wednesday based on today's inspection. 

They were looking a little sad this morning. That may well from being double watered and drowned but I'm seeing a bit of root in the drainage holes and they're looking like they want a bigger home. They always seem to look miserable when the roots get stifled. 

• Like 3

Repot day. 

Transfered for 0. 7 to the good old 3.5l. 

First a wee update. Rule number one. Read the dinafem description. I mentioned I over watered them. Well.... A few plants overnight developed some leaf rust. Sensitive to moisture indeed! Anyway that's been treated and I will make sure not to do that again. 

Repot plan:

I've mixed a base of pm soil and eco charge in the bottom of the pot. Layer of straight pm soil and MYKOS. Then filled in the sides with straight pm. Idea being to give some richer soil for them now they're a little larger but hopefully with a smoother transition.

large.rsz_dsc_1963.jpg

Obviously all mixed together. 

large.rsz_dsc_1965.jpg

I break the root ball up a bit before reporting but forgot to photo. 

large.rsz_dsc_1967.jpg

All crammed in now looking a bit miserable but they'll have perked up in 48 hours. Some fucked up mother plants j burnt in the corner on a rejuvenation. Ignore them haha. 

Watered in with rhizo and biosys to try and build the bacteria up in the new soil. 

Finger crossed for a speedy transition. Next stop first topping. 

Cheers. 

• Like 6

Regarding phenotypes so far:

They're all smelly little buggers but it's fairly generic vegging weed smell right now. 

Around a third, maybe slightly less are showing a more hybrid like structure. Thinner leaves and longer internodes. These also seem to be the most susceptible to moisture. 

The majority of the rest are indica dominant in structure. Fatter leaves and shortish internodes. 

There are also a couple that are extremely indica dominant. Very short. Almost pak like. 

• Like 3

@SargaresThat’s nice colony if Gorillas you have there dude, thinks are looking good so far so keep up the good work.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Smokebelch said:

@SargaresThat’s nice colony if Gorillas you have there dude, thinks are looking good so far so keep up the good work.

Cheers. Looking much better this morning. They'll be flying again by the weekend. Always look a bit sad after a repot. 

• Like 2

Mini update just because. 

They're bouncing back anyway. Few literally miserable buggers still looking sad but they're getting better. 

I've been trying to rearrange them into groups of similar looking plants and to be honest.... At this stage it's virtually impossible. There are a few that are a little darker and a little shorter and fatter leaved but the majority are virtually identical and the difference is just down to their stage in development and their individual condition. 

large.rsz_dsc_1979.jpg

You can see the ones that got hit by the over watering incident as they have a few battered lower leaves. 

Growing like weeds regardless. I may be fucked for flower tent at this rate. Might have to credit card a solution! 

The little new is chugging away off to the side as well for anyone interested. Bloody massive leaves for the size of it. 

This is my favourite girl so far. Just because it looks nice and happy. Second from the left front row. 

large.rsz_dsc_1980.jpg

Cheers. 

• Like 5

On 01/05/2019 at 1:32 PM, Sargares said:

Regarding phenotypes so far:

They're all smelly little buggers but it's fairly generic vegging weed smell right now. 

Around a third, maybe slightly less are showing a more hybrid like structure. Thinner leaves and longer internodes. These also seem to be the most susceptible to moisture. 

The majority of the rest are indica dominant in structure. Fatter leaves and shortish internodes. 

There are also a couple that are extremely indica dominant. Very short. Almost pak like. 

All valuable information to know mate :yep:

It's still early days so it's going to be interesting to watch these ladies develope over the coming week's  ;)

Keep the updates coming my friend  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

On 04/05/2019 at 6:09 PM, Sargares said:

This is my favourite girl so far. Just because it looks nice and happy. Second from the left front row. 

Already picking favourites lol

She does look super indica dominant, nice bushy little lady that's for sure  :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

1 hour ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

Already picking favourites lol

She does look super indica dominant, nice bushy little lady that's for sure  :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

Hard to pick now. They're much bigger. I'll top em tomorrow and upload some photos, or maybe later if I can get picresize to work! 

Got one little budding mutant going though which is a prime candidate for death when it comes to picking someone to sacrifice to the new. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sargares said:

Hard to pick now. They're much bigger. I'll top em tomorrow and upload some photos, or maybe later if I can get picresize to work! 

I'll keep a look out for it my friend  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1