The New

HSO-Mark

21 hours ago, Ch@ppers said:

Did you get the growing plant pics yet mark? :yinyang:

I'm working on it now mate, if it was just Spain I had to deal with it would have been up weeks ago. I'm having contact my boss in Spain, then I have to wait on a reply from HSO in the States then throw Sherbinski into the mix it's not been easy locking onto the growth pictures. I know we have them as I've seen then in January. 

43 minutes ago, GreenPirate said:

Would have been nice to have an opinion other than HSO's on the flavour. I guess we are all waiting for the diary pics and reviews.

What about If I could get Sherbinski onto UK420 to give his opinions on the strain or a smoke report by the man himself? With that said that a biased opinion and won't be acceptable!

Let me see who in the cannabis industry has tried the end product from The New and I'll try my best get a write up :)

This is not going as I expected, losing loyal HSO growers and a lot of angered members  :(

Sorry.

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 12

I do agree that a significant amount of this pricing is based on branding though but it's hardly out of the ordinary. Hso has sugar breath already and I doubt sherbinksi would be onboard for 70 quid a pack. 

• Like 1

@HSO-Mark

Stop apologizing mate, fwiw I didn't realize this was a new thread when I commented earlier (a bit daft as it was on page 1 still not 50odd lol )

Anyways fwiw I wouldn't have personally commented in here myself if I had realised.

@everyone else

Only a suggestion and not my place to make the rules.. but maybe we could all try and keep the negative or less complimentary comments in the other thread? The sherbinski one like..

If we all just refrained in here and maybe a mod could clean it up/move posts over.

Then just let people who are actually growing the strain use this thread to post pictures and experience etc...

Only an idea but it strikes me a bit rude to have two threads where mark has to constantly defend the product.

At the end of the day none of us actually have an opinion on the pot itself? Right?

It's the whole sherbinski show that's off putting.. 

So let's leave this thread too the actual buyers/testers/growers/folk who have had a taste...

2p

• Like 13

@Dinafem-Mark asking the man to come on here to be honest would be an embarrassment for most people on uk420 who really don't care and just like to grow plants, only happy one's will be them users who like to fling shit and they are creeping out from below the floorboards very quick atm. My advise to people that don't agree with HSO etc is just don't buy the seeds, the message will show in their sales. As it is all the press good or bad is just making the guy more popular, grow up peeps, this shit has been going from the first mention of The New. Sorry if I offend anyone but I don't give a shit and don't have to bit my tounge either. So in a nut shell STFU and go back to facefuck and instashit.

Toke The New.... 

Edited by tokenroll
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Dodgee said:

Then just let people who are actually growing the strain use this thread to post pictures and experience etc..

That was the initial idea brother but this is The New by Sherbinski and to be expected  :)

Not how I expected the thread to turn out but it is what it is  ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 4

Just now, HSO-Mark said:

That was the initial idea brother but this is The New by Sherbinski and to be expected  :)

Kind regards 

Mark..

My bad I’ll leave now :-)

good luck with the new though regardless,

if a few people ditch HsO I’m sure it won’t hurt you guys lol

listen to the people and bring down the price and all will be well again!

peace! 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dodgee said:

@HSO-Mark

Stop apologizing mate, fwiw I didn't realize this was a new thread when I commented earlier (a bit daft as it was on page 1 still not 50odd lol )

Anyways fwiw I wouldn't have personally commented in here myself if I had realised.

@everyone else

Only a suggestion and not my place to make the rules.. but maybe we could all try and keep the negative or less complimentary comments in the other thread? The sherbinski one like..

If we all just refrained in here and maybe a mod could clean it up/move posts over.

Then just let people who are actually growing the strain use this thread to post pictures and experience etc...

Could not agree more mate, that's why I was only questioning the strain in here and I think everyone should do the same.

Sherbinski comments - one topic

The New - in here

Bit of a grey area in the middle though, some will leak through into each. :(

Just now, HSO-Mark said:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Can mods move certain posts without fucking up the database over here? Some posts need moving to the 'Binski topic.

• Like 2

Your Sour D, she is soo terpy, a bit of abuse it would just make it stink a little more than normal with a bit of a twang due to the screw up.

Earthy, if people screw this one up, it's usually that flavour profile that makes people cough or describing it as rough when they screw up.. as we all do from time to time.

I just think you might end up with more negative reviews due to the publics skills than is warranted. Thing is, if she is touchy and wants a perfect life, that's a double hit on the bean price if you are not Percy Thrower.

The grow diaries will clear most of peoples concerns, just the pics of the plants from HSO grown labs would be nice. If we can see what you lot our getting out of them, it would really help your sales and image with these.

:)

• Like 2

well, heres my take on it 

it hasn't been grown out yet, but a lot of opinions have been, based on what? ! based on the price, nothing more, because nothing more is really known about it.  I don't remember sensis jack herer getting this treatment, and they aint exactly cheap either.

While the strain seeds are a bit dearer than most strains from HSO. …….BUT....its ONE strain from probably 25-30 HSO strains. IF YOU DONT WANT TO BUY IT, WALK ON BY.  They do plenty of other killer strains after all. 

I don't feel the need to bitch about stuff I cant afford, or think is over priced, I just don't buy it- quite simple really. But if I did grow it and it had the taste and buzz to match the  trich production on the pics released, I would quite gladly fork out. Find a keeper and take cuts, its not working out quite as expensive is it?

• Like 9

Ogkb is an original cut, im pretty sure it never came from a bag seed. Ogkb 2.0 is though I think.

Edited by nudger36
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

All I'll say at the moment is the New is not weed for when you've got things to do. It is very much weed for when you need to switch off and drift away. I will report back when I know more:bong:

• Like 2

On 09/04/2019 at 9:33 PM, badbillybob said:

well, heres my take on it 

it hasn't been grown out yet, but a lot of opinions have been, based on what? ! based on the price, nothing more, because nothing more is really known about it.  I don't remember sensis jack herer getting this treatment, and they aint exactly cheap either.

While the strain seeds are a bit dearer than most strains from HSO. …….BUT....its ONE strain from probably 25-30 HSO strains. IF YOU DONT WANT TO BUY IT, WALK ON BY.  They do plenty of other killer strains after all. 

I don't feel the need to bitch about stuff I cant afford, or think is over priced, I just don't buy it- quite simple really. But if I did grow it and it had the taste and buzz to match the  trich production on the pics released, I would quite gladly fork out. Find a keeper and take cuts, its not working out quite as expensive is it?

It’s not about whether people can afford it or not. Cookies genetics have been around for a long time now (over a decade) there are tonnes of them on the market. So in 2019 to drop another cookiesxOG market it as The New and charge those prices just seems a cynical money spinning ploy. Even if it is a "Sherbinski" cut. He’s a businessman.

Ive grown HSO for years and they’ve always had quality genetics for a great reasonable price. And everyone keeps talking about cuttings.

Lets be honest, to find keepers you need to grow out a decent amount of seeds of a specific strain. Your not very likely to find gems in a pack of 3,5 10 seeds etc. 

Especially when 99% of the seeds in a pack aren’t viable. I had one seed of The New take out of a 5 pack. Luckily Marks a cool guy and replaced it.

Im growing her along side a Royal Cookies from Royal Queen Seeds (which apparently is bred from the Forum cookies cut) and cost me €40 for a pack of 5. 

Ill speak to Mark when they are both harvested so I can post a side by side comparison of The New and Royal Cookies to see if the price is justified. Only if he’s okay with that though.

I have been to the Cookies store in LA at Maywood the other year and tried pretty much their whole menu, including the original GSC so I’ll have a good point of reference to compare both.

And it will be a completely neutral and honest comparison. 

• Like 2