The New

HSO-Mark

20 minutes ago, InTheSystem said:

I agree the prices are steep for the European market.. However, typically for a pack of 10 regular seeds from a reputable California breeder (Cookies Fam, Seed Junkies, Symbiotic Genetics etc) would set you back any where from 200 - 600 dollars and I have grown and smoked a couple and the quality speaks for itself, truly amazing plants.. That said, it will be interesting to see see how they do on some diaries before reaching a verdict I guess.

I remember when all the hype clowns was paying a thousand or more for cookie fam seeds and they was getting laughed at for it hehe

Lets be real here we all know this is a money spinner and it isn’t just me saying I’ve seen a lot of comments on HSO Instagram and Fbook about it.

Theres no justification for it, it ain’t even like the genetics are new or groundbreaking. It’s just another cookiexog which is pretty much what all these exotic strains are. They all taste similar too.

Regardless of my opinion I’m sure people will buy them. I won’t be though. 

And HSO have lost a supporter in me for pulling this move. Once this run of Bubbas Gift is done that I’m on now I won’t have them in my garden anymore.

What a shame.

• Like 4

Just now, G'n'E said:

I remember when all the hype clowns was paying a thousand or more for cookie fam seeds and they was getting laughed at for it hehe

Lets be real here we all know this is a money spinner and it isn’t just me saying I’ve seen a lot of comments on HSO Instagram and Fbook about it.

Theres no justification for it, it ain’t even like the genetics are new or groundbreaking. It’s just another cookiexog which is pretty much what all these exotic strains are. They all taste similar too.

Regardless of my opinion I’m sure people will buy them. I won’t be though. 

And HSO have lost a supporter in me for pulling this move. Once this run of Bubbas Gift is done that I’m on now I won’t have them in my garden anymore.

What a shame.

Of course mate, entitled to your opinion as is everyone and I do agree with some the points you have made. I am sure the goal of the operation is to make money though... So any endorsements for bringing these genetics over the pond to us will help aid that I guess? Seems to have back fired though is this instance lol 

I have some HSO on the go right now for the first time and honestly I cannot fault them, so will be watching with interest also having grown some of the California genetics and only good things to say. 

• Like 1

Just now, InTheSystem said:

Of course mate, entitled to your opinion as is everyone and I do agree with some the points you have made. I am sure the goal of the operation is to make money though... So any endorsements for bringing these genetics over the pond to us will help aid that I guess? Seems to have back fired though is this instance lol 

I have some HSO on the go right now for the first time and honestly I cannot fault them, so will be watching with interest also having grown some of the California genetics and only good things to say. 

Oh ive got nothing bad to say about their genetics at all let me make that clear. But as a community we need to take a stand against things like this.

I understand there are seeds that may be rare or from specific breeders that are really in demand by professional growers that may be expensive.  But to put out a run of the mill cross like this in fem and charge joe public this much for it I find is just wrong, and I never expected it from these guys as they have great genetics for a great price. Until this.

When people just accept stuff like this it becomes the norm to charge prices like this for seeds you can’t even then reproduce for yourself. And then where does it end from there?

Anyhow I’ve said my piece. 

• Like 7

Just now, G'n'E said:

Oh ive got nothing bad to say about their genetics at all let me make that clear. But as a community we need to take a stand against things like this.

I understand there are seeds that may be rare or from specific breeders that are really in demand by professional growers that may be expensive.  But to put out a run of the mill cross like this in fem and charge joe public this much for it I find is just wrong, and I never expected it from these guys as they have great genetics for a great price. Until this.

When people just accept stuff like this it becomes the norm to charge prices like this for seeds you can’t even then reproduce for yourself. And then where does it end from there?

Anyhow I’ve said my piece. 

You make a really great point mate, well said... If you look at the seed market right now for the old originals and even new crosses of lets say; Gelato, Wedding Cake, Cookies (like this strain), Sherbet, Sundae, MAC etc - the seeds are extortionately priced for a pack of regular seeds only as I have mentioned earlier, surely there has to be some happy medium? Of course, anyone could slap a name on a strain and sell it as we have seen haha so this is where the proof is in the pudding - I will reserve judgement until then I guess...

For me personally though, I do not want to waste my time of a 3/4 month grow cycle because I brought a 20 quid pack seeds as a compromise... That does not open the flood gates though for companies to all shoot prices up though as you have suggested.. There are so many crosses or copies coming out of all these strains mentioned in my examples above though, I know from experience they are nothing like the real deal - so if it's legit, it could be worth the money.  

• Like 1

i like hso strains and doing my 2nd grow with them.but i have had 3 seeds not germ at say £8 each so imo £24 wasted...so if i had 3 seeds of the new not germ 

its £60 down the drain i am not saying the new is not good. i just wouldnt pay £20 for seed of any strain.i will just buy a cut for a tenner lol only joking

11 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

why not wait till they are grown out before condemnation?

it could well be the real deal?

I never said they wasnt real. I’m just raising a point that to charge £100 for 5 fem seeds of what is basically a cookiexog cross of which there are tonnes of on the market is a cynical move from HSO and it feels like being spat on when you’ve been an avid supporter of their work. 

10 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

No body is forcing anyone to buy them, cant really see the big deal.

Its the principle.

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, G'n'E said:

Its the principle.

I'm boycotting Bentley, Rolls Royce and Ferrari. I think they take the piss with their pricing and they won't be getting a penny from me:clown:

• Like 13

Almost all the cookie seeds on the market are bred out of the forum cut by the way. I imagine sherbinksi's cut isn't taken from bag seed. Worth factoring in. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sargares said:

Almost all the cookie seeds on the market are bred out of the forum cut by the way. I imagine sherbinksi's cut isn't taken from bag seed. Worth factoring in. 

I thought it was 3 original cuts doing the rounds, mint was one, can't remember the others right now. The rest, from seed in the bud.

Who knows where he got his, we might be able to narrow it down a little IF we could see the plants ;)  It would show bud structure, THC, fan leaf size, node spacing.. it would help sell this strain if a little more was posted.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ch@ppers said:

Never even saw it at spannabis,just a week or so ago mark said he would get pics of it in bud :unsure:

Would have been nice to have an opinion other than HSO's on the flavour. I guess we are all waiting for the diary pics and reviews.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, GreenPirate said:

I thought it was 3 original cuts doing the rounds, mint was one, can't remember the others right now. The rest, from seed in the bud.

Who knows where he got his, we might be able to narrow it down a little IF we could see the plants ;)  It would show bud structure, THC, fan leaf size, node spacing.. it would help sell this strain if a little more was posted.

Sherbinksi is cookie fam. Where they got the cookies from/ whether they really bred it is up for debate but it won't be the same cut virtually everyone else is using which gives it some novelty value at least. 

I think there's probably more than 3 cuts doing the rounds. Ogkb is cookie bag seed. Ugorg cookies is bag seed but a different cut to the ones in the USA I believe. Most people are using the forum cut as that's what people recognise as cookies. Etc. 

Edited by Sargares
  • Like 1

Just now, Sargares said:

Sherbinksi is cookie fam. Where they got the cookies from/ whether they really bred it is up for debate but it won't be the same cut virtually everyone else is using which gives it some novelty value at least. 

I was over in Cali back in September I went to the Cookies dispensary and tried most of the Cookie variants. I personally didn’t find enough difference in them to justify the novelty value of a cut. To me Cookies is Cookies. 

So HSO stamping sherbinski on this product and jacking up the price is just wrong. 

Especially when these types types of flavours and terps have been around for so long now.

Edited by G'n'E
  • Like 1

220 dollars for a pack of stardawgs and that's not unusual for that brigade of breeders. And chemdawg has been around for almost 30 years! 

• Like 1