Weed it and reap: My first Dinafem garden grow

PermanentWaves

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:18 AM, PermanentWaves said:

Thanks, @Andromedian. I noticed that you’re running some Grapefruit in your diary as well, although yours are a lot more advanced, but looking really good. It’ll be interesting to see how these new strains fare in our great outdoors.

Yeah for sure....if they don't finish though.....nothing else matters 

Aaaaaah what would life be like without mould :yep:

• Like 4

On 04/05/2019 at 2:38 PM, PermanentWaves said:

Sadly my Critical+ never germinated. It was planted exactly the same time as the others and kept in the same place.

Sorry about that mate :( it can happen from time to time. 

On a more positive note your Sweet Deep Grapefruit and Ocean Grown Cookies babies look in great shape  :bong:

If you have the time I can easily send another Critical your way if needed?  drop me a pm buddy ;)

Until next time  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 3

Thanks for the kind offer, @Dinafem-Mark, but don’t worry. It was a freebie so it’s not a huge loss. It is a strain I’m dying to try but I had some Cream Caramel auto subby seeds, so this has replaced the Critical. I’ll give the Critical a go next year, hopefully.

• Like 3

@PermanentWaves There's always next season my friend  :yep:

Glad your set for this year. It's starting of great and I do think this could be our best season yet ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

Morning everyone - happy Sunday! The sun is out at long last - what a miserable old week it’s been here for weather. 

Not much to report on for my girls - the Ocean Grown Cookie and Sweet Deep Grapefruit. They were starting to look a bit leggy so I’ve carefully transplanted them into their final pots this week. Now they’ve settled into their new homes I’ve put them outside today to soak up some rays and start getting them hardened off.

I’ve introduced a little bit of fish mix for them this week but they are mainly just getting water as soon as the compost dries out.

Here’s the Grapefruit. With the cold, grey weather this week, I didn’t think they’d grown that much, but they have had a little stretch compared to last week.

large.3B61F6AC-C495-4CD0-BCC5-D8DA83A8FDE9.jpeg

And here’s my Cookie girl - a little bit smaller but she’s a day behind the Grapefruit:

large.D04A5E05-E4D6-41B3-A53C-9169320E42C1.jpeg

Interesting that the Cookie has fatter, Indica-type leaves compared to her cousin. The Grapefruit is supposed to be the more Indica-dominant but her leaves are much narrower. We’ll see if that continues as they grow.

So the weather’s looking a little better for the first half of this week at least; the girls should soak up those rays and stretch a bit more.

Have a good week, everyone xx

• Like 10

@PermanentWaves Nice job on the potting up my friend  ;)

Happy and healthy just what we want to see  :yep:

What size pots did you go with mate for the forever home's? They look like maybe 12l fabric pots? 

Until next time  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

I could have sworn I had bought 11L pots @Dinafem-Mark but they’re actually 16L. I’ve no idea why I bought that size - mind you, they’re half of what I had last year; they were had 30L! I had a good excuse, though, as it was my first-ever grow. Us noobs, eh!

• Like 2

Hi, everyone - another week gone. Thankfully it’s been a pretty good week weather wise and the girls have been drunk on solar fuel this week. They’ve shot up in size and settled in well after being transplanted into their final pots.

They’ve spent this week outside in the sun during the day and back in the greenhouse at night as it’s being bloody cold here. I had to put the plants outside early a couple of mornings before I went to work and the Ocean Grown Cookie got caught by the cold on the tips of a couple of her leaves. She got a tiny bit of frost damage but soon recovered as the temps went up. Hopefully the greenhouse heater won’t have to be used now until autumn.

Here’s a few pix of the girls at three weeks now. First up is the Ocean Grown Cookie. She’s on plain water and has doubled in size. 

large.22FA8632-7A6F-4A7F-99BC-2D73C2E648DC.jpeg

And here’s the Sweet Deep Grapefruit - still bigger than her cousin at a day older.

large.5ABD22F0-EE94-4C13-8F9B-5C86B8693FB9.jpeglarge.1FA0827F-E04C-438C-B3EF-0C53E6F8A5FD.jpeg

They’re all out sitting on a big trolley - makes it so much easier wheeling them in and out of the greenhouse.

Anyway, that’s about it. Not much to report while they’re vegging away. It’s always amazing how much they grow day by day, especially when the sun’s out. Last year my plants seemed to almost double in size every week, so hopefully these girls will follow the same pattern.

Hope the weather stays fare for you all this week and the slugs stay away - till next week xx

• Like 6

Hi, everyone. Another week gone. This morning I have been up to my elbows extracting our first lot of honey from our hives. What a sticky mess - let’s hope I’ll be in another sticky mess harvesting these girls when they’re ready! We only got our hive and first swarm last summer and I wondered whether the bees would be interested in the cannabis flowers - they weren’t, so no cannabis-infused honey just yet!

So the Ocean Grown Cookie and Sweet Deep Grapefruit have been sunbathing in the garden this week. They seem to have doubled in size again and really starting to fill out. I introduced a little bit of fish mix this week to see how they would react to it, and they seem to be ok so will start a feed a few times a week to see how we get on.

Here’s the Grapefruit girl - in the centre of the main leaf stem, she’s got some purple hues. Not sure whether this is usual with this strain? They haven’t really been exposed to any really cold temperatures, and none of my other plants have it, so maybe it’s just a characteristic? Anyway, she’s looking great so far.

large.E792AFDE-6841-447E-92CC-CFE813947B8E.jpeglarge.C34F2547-E717-44E6-B9A7-79BD9316446B.jpeg

And here’s the Cookie Monster. She’s really bushing up nicely.

large.E3FC36D8-2D5F-40BB-87DC-13AE10185DD2.jpeglarge.A3B8087A-88DA-42D0-B336-3F2F0936BC16.jpeg

It’s been quite breezy here this week so those stems are getting nice and strong.

So that’s it for another week. I hope the weather stays good for you all and the bugs stay away xx

• Like 6