A Pirates HSO Voyage 2019

lattitudepirate1

Heres a couple pics of the most recent bubbas gift seeds I put into wet paper towel. As you can see the second picture is the rotten seed. No taproot & all that white stuff inside was mushy. 

The first seed is in soil now however i'm unsure why the tip of the taproot would be dark? 

large.rsz_58462152_1006336349758360_8048974673565712384_n.jpglarge.rsz_58033042_2230107597239457_6818343831751098368_n.jpg

Just a comparison of the final Bubbas Gift seed vs a White Widow Auto from Dinafem. As you can see the seeds look very different. large.rsz_58382360_352119148758010_1023774281852518400_n.jpg

Cheers!

• Like 5

On 26/04/2019 at 8:32 AM, lattitudepirate1 said:

As you can see the seeds look very different. 

They do look totally different mate but they are from 2 different strains. 

Just like humans plants produce different size and styles of seeds(offspring) White Widow traditionally has quite large seeds where Bubbas Gift seeds are always very small in comparison. 

Bubbas Gift is such as strange strain in the germination stage, this is where a lot of growers fail and I don't know why. Other growers such as @Andromedian had no issues other growers such as yourself have horrible luck. I know it's not the growers as your cracking other seeds with ease.

We did have a similar issue with Remo Chemo over on the Dinafem sub-forum and we got Badger to do a how2 guide on germination. It might be worth us doing one for Bubbas Gift as this is a major stumbling block  :)

Anyone who has had success with Bubbas Gift germination and would be up for a germination guide drop me a pm please :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 2

@Dinafem-Mark I think that would be a great idea as like you said, it almost seems to be pot luck to me when you’re keeping your methods & strategy constant. I managed to get 2/5 above soil however one still has her helmet firmly on - so we will age how that one fairs. I’ve gently misted her in the hope it softens her shell. I’ll get some fresh pictures up of the HSO & Dinafem girls later today. 

1st of May today & I'm thinking about chucking the next wave of autos in. With lettuce & runner beans going out in the garden now - the greenhouse is looking very spacious for late spring. 

Cheers & all the best! 

LP

• Like 3

Ahoy all,

Quick update on the HSO girls! We have progression, two of the bubbas gift are alive and growing! One had major surgery to remove her helmet and I did cause some slight damage to the cotyledon leaves but I think she will pull through just fine. She residing in the porch where its slightly more constant temperatures than in the greenhouse at this time of year so excuse me for skipping her out of todays snaps! 

The two blue dream autos have been slip potted into their final 5L rose pots. The bubbas gift is steadily cruising just showing her first true leaves. large.rsz_59002667_329153937773690_5221062700007686144_n.jpglarge.rsz_59561827_1376974035776382_5976571245787873280_n.jpg

• Like 6

On 01/05/2019 at 9:53 AM, lattitudepirate1 said:

I think that would be a great idea as like you said, it almost seems to be pot luck to me when you’re keeping your methods & strategy constant

It's a really strange issue mate. As said some members have no issue others can not crack Bubbas Gift for love nor money. 

Nothing special is done by the members that succeed and nothing bad done by the members that fail. Super strange and I do think a "how2guide" could be helpful :yep:

I'm going to look at starting that now ;)

Glad you got 2 up my friend  :yep: and nice to read that the 2 Auto Blue Dream are now in their forever home's  ;)

Until next week buddy  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

• 1 month later...