A Pirates HSO Voyage 2019

lattitudepirate1

Ahoy all, 

As we edge closer and closer to the Spring solstice I thought id get the beginning of my HSO outdoor greenhouse grow diary up and running. A huge thanks to @HSO-Mark for sorting the beanies out, and doing such a stellar job each year organising these competitions! 

This year is my first time running HSO genetics and I'm very excited to say that ill be running the Blue Dream Auto along side the beautiful looking Bubba's Gift Photo. Blue dream has legendary status across the pond, i'm not sure i've tried this strain before either - so for those two reasons alone. I thought why not!? Also with the photo being a sativa dom hybrid, its something I wouldn't attempt here in the UK outdoor climate, but the auto version from HSO - lets give it a go! 

Secondly I opted for the Bubba's Gift - mainly because it caught my eye with the stunning colours & because it is listed as a late September finisher. The majority of the other HSO strains were listed as finishing later than this which i'm not sure would do so well here at lat 51. 

(& after seeing the pot noodle challenge - might give it a go myself this year too!)

Patiently awaiting the beans to arrive, but in the mean time theres always plenty of prep and reading to be done. 

The seeds will be grown in the greenhouse and garden alongside a few Dinafem selections. (Diary in the Dinafem 2019 outdoor comp sub)

Ill keep you all updated when the ship sets sail. 

Atb and wishing you all a bountiful season ahead. 

Y'arrrrrrrrrr,

LP

Edited by lattitudepirate1
Spelling + forgot about the pot noodle challenge RE. bubbas gift
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, lattitudepirate1 said:

A huge thanks to @HSO-Mark for sorting the beanies out, and doing such a stellar job each year organising these competitions! 

It's my pleasure and honour mate :)

I do moderate other forums but UK420 is my home and we always have some amazing work by the UK outdoor growers  :yep:

Thank you for getting your HSO adventure up and running  ;)

I think its time to pop your HSO cherry :yep:

Let's see what you can do  ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ahoy all, 

Popped two of the Bubba's Gift on the 9th. 

Both were showing tap roots some 18 hours later. Potted them on into small pots where they will live on the window sill till they show their heads! 

Cheers and ATB

LP

• Like 2

Ahoy all, 

Just a speedy text update for all you salty sea dogs! 

Im still awaiting the bubbas gift to appear above soil. It’s been 4 days since the tap roots appeared so I’m wondering where they are? Come on girls, let’s get growing! 

After seeing the weather forecast for the next few weeks I decided to pop 2 of the blue dream autoflowers last night in wet paper towel. 

The weather shows daytime highs of 20c by this weekend & night temps of 8/9c! 

Hopefully we’ve passed the last of the cold spells now! Hurrar! 

Atb, 

LP

• Like 2

Ahoy chaps,

Still nothing from the two Bubba's Gift that germed and were put in soil. Even the Blue Dream Autos I popped in have started to erupt the soil and they were later popping than the Bubbas.

Not sure why this could be when the Dinafem selection and HSO Blue Dream Auto popped up so speedily. 

Ill give them a few more days before having a rummage in their pots to see whats going on. If these are a no show, ill get a couple more in straight away and hope for a better run out the blocks. 

The Blue Dream Autos have been put in small pots for germinating and getting their heads above soil only. The small pots have then been sunk in already filled 5L deep rose type pots. 

Theory being, soon as the roots near the bottom of the small pots - I can simple slip them out of their small pots and into the pre made hole in the deep rose pots.

Pics to follow shortly!

Cheers, Atb!

LP

• Like 4

@lattitudepirate1  Yeah them bubba's gift beans... I think a few people (myself included) had probs getting them started. I had 6 for the pot noodle challenge I seem to remember they all popped, but I only got 1 to survive (and she was a runt) But... 

The colours, smells, taste, and effect are all well worth the struggle! :hippy: I will be having another go soon

• Like 3

Cheers for the heads up @zabz

Out of all the beanies in the collection these little Bubba's seem to be the smallest out the lot. Not that' that might be the cause or effect.

They both sprouted tap roots fine, just nothing coming up above soil still.

Ill chuck a few more in and hope for the best. 

Cheers! 

LP 

• Like 4

ahoy there me hearty i too also had issues with two lost cost autos i started but the other is looking happy then a wench with rum :P ill be up dating in a bit i hope the rest keep your sails blowing on a southerly with a calm crossing and pleasent voyage ahead. Fingers crossed for you them beans pop out of davey jones locker soon .

10 hours ago, zabz said:

@lattitudepirate1  Yeah them bubba's gift beans... I think a few people (myself included) had probs getting them started. I had 6 for the pot noodle challenge I seem to remember they all popped, but I only got 1 to survive (and she was a runt) 

6 hours ago, lattitudepirate1 said:

Out of all the beanies in the collection these little Bubba's seem to be the smallest out the lot. Not that' that might be the cause or effect.

They both sprouted tap roots fine, just nothing coming up above soil still.

Aaaaaah don't say that......we are running these lol

they sound like og kush and red purps:mellow:

• Like 2

@bubbleguppie - Ahoy me filthy son of a biscuit eater! (Just kiddin', you're alright! :toldya:) Sails propped and we're cruising! Hoping to see some above soil action from the Blue Dreams later today, they were just showing signs of erupting the soil. 

@Andromedian - Fingers crossed for you bud, I picked them for their supposed early finish and beautiful colours. I need at least one in the garden this year! Come on girls - i've done everything by the book!  

• Like 5

Ahoy all, 

Update on the situation at the moment! The two blue dream autos have popped up over the weekend and are both looking great. As you can see from the pictures, they're in small pots which have been sunk into 5L deep rose pots, ill slip pot them in at some point this week so they can stretch their legs without interruption. 

large.rsz_58419726_2342874035993841_7105435839705907200_n.jpg

Update on the first two Bubba's Gift. Afraid its still a no show and i'm pretty sure the first two have failed. May they rest in peace and cheer their future sisters along in the coming weeks. Ill pop some more seeds this week and hope for the best. 

Cheers and ATB,

LP

• Like 6

ahoy there me salty sea dog looking good dude heres hopeing for the good weather to continue and blow the young girls on course with the rest of your fleet. May the wind blow in you sails and the seas be calm :)

@bubbleguppie Thank you sir! I think we're predicted some rain in the next week or so at lat 51 but the weather forecasters keeps pushing it further back as the days go on. :thumsup:

Atb! 

LP

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 7:39 AM, lattitudepirate1 said:

@Andromedian - Fingers crossed for you bud, I picked them for their supposed early finish and beautiful colours. I need at least one in the garden this year! Come on girls - i've done everything by the book!  

We did the same...says September, which means October of course lol

I have just put ours into soak......we'll see how they get on

• Like 2