dinafem blueberry cookies a diary (of sorts)

doobie01

hi all and welcome to the start of my badly taken pictures and misspelt diary :)

thanks to @Dinafem-Mark for the seeds to blunder my way through this grow i shall be growing in a 4 pot rdwc system in 1m2 gone has the stupid sized 2m2 tent and im hoping for much better luck than previous grows using the correct size tent for my light a 400 or 600w hps depending on how much leccy is on the meter lol 

as now usual practice for me they will start life under the hlg 65w panel from diyleduk and will have a couple of weeks in mini £1 shop bins dwc under the light for it to root out the net pot and then will be transferred to the 400w tent for rest of veg and flower 

so here it is my cotc entry as its the best photo you will find in this diary lol 

large.compressed_1587507527IMG_20190311_161955.jpg

so popped them in a glass of water overnight when they arrived, then straight into rootit cubes (am going to go back to using root riots as i bought a 50 loose bag of these and all were mouldy upon opening the bag luckily they messed up and sent 2 bags to me and the second bag has been fine)

The heads have just popped through so will update when they have first leaves showing 

all the best people :)

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, doobie01 said:

hi all and welcome to the start of my badly taken pictures and misspelt diary :)

thanks to @Dinafem-Mark for the seeds to blunder my way through

I'll be watching and spam along the way if you don't mind..

I do like to see a grow where they are put through there paces, shows the people just how much a strain can take. Obviously i'll keep my fingers crossed for a smooth grow for ya! :yep:

good luck with these, will be interested to see how they go along with the other people running them.

• Like 3

Just now, GreenPirate said:

I'll be watching and spam along the way if you don't mind..

I do like to see a grow where they are put through there paces, shows the people just how much a strain can take.

dont mind at all m8 welcome aboard more the merrier :)

they will be stressed at times i am sure,

i try hard but usually make a blunder somewhere along the way and so i can nearly promise the good the bad and the ugly

but i feel i do important work cos if i can grow it and get it to produce bud anyone can lol 

all the best m8 

• Like 6

On 16/03/2019 at 4:51 PM, doobie01 said:

thanks to @Dinafem-Mark for the seeds to blunder my way through this grow

My pleasure mate. Let's see how our recently released Blueberry Cookies fairs in your garden  :yep:

By the sound of things you've scaled back your growroom to a more manageable size which is also more suited to your light size ;)

I think you'll notice a big difference and a more productive grow room :)

This should be a fun one  :bong:

Good luck buddy @doobie01:bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

@Dinafem-Mark

yes m8 have now got a relative size space for the light i am using for them. last few grows have been ok but have had a lot of "fluff" bud from not enough light so rather than repeat same mistake again and again i changed it by halfing the frame to a 2x1 and will have the 4 dwc pots taking up about 80cm2 with other plants using the rest of the space.

also have put a 9x6" wall vent in the growroom so fresh intake air can be got at more easily for the summer temps  or swapped for extract in winter ;) 

a few other little changes i am making aswell so with any luck it should be improved this time round

atb mate :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, doobie01 said:

yes m8 have now got a relative size space for the light i am using for them.

With a 2m2 tent and a 400w light your going to get results but you would have been waisting a lot of energy  ;)

By the sound of things your streamlining the grow which will make it much more of a productive area :yep:

Less energy being waisted and a more productive room ;)

Win-Win :yep:

All the best 

Mark.. 

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

yep i used 1/4 of the tent per 400w but only ever used 2 lights so never filled it to grow in and with its size compared to the room it was in i had to run my prop tent inside it so never ideal.

I also had an office  chair in there for a while but sat watching them sway and flutter in the fan breeze was hypnotic and found myself waking up after lights out inside a zipped tent tripping over air pumps etc more than once so took it out again, see thats proper health and safety lol 

• Like 5

On 3/16/2019 at 0:51 PM, doobie01 said:

hi all and welcome to the start of my badly taken pictures and misspelt diary

i see i have some competition for bad pics and misspelt diary. im running some bbc in the cookie monsters diary. if you look at my bad pics i will look at yours.

good luck with the grow

sam

• Like 6

@samhigh thats challenge accepted my friend lol 

i must warn you i have collected a great deal of wooden spoons in my competitions so to beat me will be hard going.

large.compressed_492257685IMG_20190326_092451.jpg

100% germination 

as you can see they have had a no expense spare start to life with £1 shop mini dustbins and gaffer tape approach to there dwc life (gaffer tape will be featured throughout the grow lol ) .

2 of the seed casings were hard to come off and needed a little help both the ones on the right hand side of pic but other than a squirly leaf they are doing ok .

tap water in pots filled to touching bottom of pots and small airstone connected to a 12ltr pump

using a hlg 65 from diyleduk at the moment and then into the proper tent and pots in due course 

• Like 6

Hi all just another quick update showing how they are getting on inside minitent 

We got roots coming through all the net pots so all seems happy so far just freshened the water and added 1ml of canna a&b nothing else other than a drop of pH - large.5ca21c426efd5_rootsbbc.jpg

Best root system is shown above others are still behind slightly. 

large.bbcoff.jpg

Cant find the picture of them with the helmet heads on so will have to miss that one but big fat wide leaves are gonna be produced by the look of it on the top right hand one especially. 

Maybe another week or so in the small pots before they go into the bigger dwc pots. Hoping to scrog it and make it look beautiful but chances are it will look a bit messy lol but I'm learning something everytime I grow even if it's obvious to most others lol. 

All the best folks =) 

• Like 7

On 26/03/2019 at 8:49 PM, doobie01 said:

100% germination 

as you can see they have had a no expense spare start to life with £1 shop mini dustbins and gaffer tape approach to there dwc life (gaffer tape will be featured throughout the grow lol ) .

100% germination is a great start to the grow brother and it goes to show the KISS(Keep It Simple Stoner) method still works lol

On 01/04/2019 at 3:29 PM, doobie01 said:

Best root system is shown above others are still behind slightly. 

Nice vigorous roots being put down mate and by the look of things in this very early stage (just going of the leaf formation) you definitely look to have 2 phenos going  ;)

A great start buddy  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 3

large.compressed_541588823IMG_20190406_172502.jpg

had the overwhelming urge to put them in the large bubble pots due to the air pump buzzing in the  small tent doing my head in and  ph swings in the small pots 

so big 50l min pump is getting used as it quieter than the 12 ltr lol 

large.compressed_284255351IMG_20190407_095339.jpg

setup for this run from now on 

4 20ltr pots + 1 header tank aprox 50ltr of nutemix 

1000 ltr per hour water pump works out to be 20 water cycles per hour through each of the buckets if my maths and flow are correct 

50 ltr air pump with golf ball air stones in each bucket 10ltr per min per pot 

150l chiller 

400w hps in 1m2 space 

fans and filters on a controller inside tent 

peridoser is not used as it a 240 v pump and needs automating via arduino etc but thats for learning about later lol 

as you can see its all butchered together but it does the job for now i have a new tent waiting to get put up but i want a fresh pot and larger pipe setup to fill the new tent with hence the chatty diy tent its in now 

buckets were all single bubblers with the hosepipe water levels on the sides before i hacked at them 

looks like i could do with a new rubber on my chiller inlet as it looks to be gone in the pic :puke:

low ec and ph set to 5.8

water temp set to 20 so chiller kicks in a 21 

using some canna a&b for veg thats been with me while and needs using then using the last of my intense nutes for the flowering part 

all the best :)

• Like 7