Sweet Autos: Mohan Ram, Blow Mind, Crystal Candy and Killer Kush

delagdo

Good news on the lamp & reflector @delagdo and I don't think I'd worry too much about the spots as new growth looks fine, just keep a very beady eye on them :yep:

• Like 2

Looking great in here dude :yep:

With the CMH bulbs and the daylight reflectors it can feel like the bulb is fully home when in fact it isn't and that would cause the contact to char like in your pic. You must make sure the bulb is fully twisted home for that extra click. It surprised me when I thought my bulb was in properly and then I realised it would turn that little bit further. Be careful mate ;)

• Like 2

Thank you @jadenugs. The thing is, I was aware of this when I got the light last year and I tried to turn it as hard as I dared, and as far as I knew I'd done everything right. IStill there is no doubt it looks like electricity has been arcing where the connection hasn't been made properly. The E40/PGZ18 adaptor won't click my new bulb into place, but I don't think it is supposed to. I've checked a couple of times and the pins still look fine, but I am not sure I fully trust it. I can't wait for the courier to get here tomorrow!

Thanks @Serpent, it's easy to see each small patch of damage that appears has been replaced by a much larger area of lush green foliage, so I know it is just how the plant is growing in my present conditions, mining a bit of magnesium stored in lower leaves to help make new ones. Perhaps if I could get the nutrients and spraying schedule correct I could reduce this and stop the scabs appearing but I am not panicking.

• Like 3

Days 21 and 22

On day 21 I watered them all with EC 1.1, pH 6.0.

On day 22 (today) I took some pictures. Look how they've grown!:
large.5c9d407b5c414_d22groupshot.jpg

Top: Blow Mind Auto, Mohan Ram Auto, Crystal Candy Auto
Bottom: Killer Kush Auto, Mohan Ram Auto (younger), Crystal Candy Auto (younger)

The Blow Mind Auto and Killer Kush Auto are smaller and ever so slightly paler than the older Mohan Ram Auto and Crystal Candy Auto. I am not sure why this is, perhaps it could be to do with the airpots or watering regime, or because they are nearer the humidifier, or nearer the circulation fans, or genetics, some combination of these and other factors?

The Blow Mind Auto is the smallest of the older four, but it is still doing fairly well I think:

large.5c9d4120ad8aa_d22bm.jpg

It will be the last of the four to get preflowers, since the Killer Kush Auto got hers today:
large.5c9d407f24b3c_d22kkpistils.jpg

The older Crystal Candy Auto is now the biggest, helped by its very broad fat leaves:
large.5c9d407742023_d22cc.jpg

The older Mohan Ram Auto is not much smaller really, it just has thinner leaves:
large.5c9d412ae6d84_d22mr.jpg

The younger plants look set to become even bigger than their older siblings, given they are 6 days behind. They have definitely benefited from earlier potting up and raising of feed. Here's the second Mohan Ram Auto:
large.5c9d4071b2222_d22bm2.jpg

Thanks for looking!

• Like 7

They all look very healthy, Good job! :yep:

Keep it up, for the moment everything is going very well. :)

Sweet smokes,

-Apolo

• Like 3

Day 23 to Day 26

My Focus reflector and replacement bulb arrived on day 24 as planned. I am surprised by its small size, but it seems to be working well giving a good spread of light:
large.5ca3350b05338_d24groupshot.jpg

Shortly after this photo was taken I packed up the humidifier, the last fill of water had lasted several days so it wasn't putting much out. Since then, I slightly tweeked the extraction to increase it (it's about 70% now) as the humidifier had been cooling the tent a little. The past couple of days without it, the humidity is typically around 45-50% with lights on, down to a minimum of 40%, and temperature 25-27°C. Lights off it is usually 22°C, minimum 20°C, and 50% RH.

I have watered with EC0.8 on day 23 and day 25. On day 25 I thought the Killer Kush looked a little pale so I gave it an extra spray with seaweed and Epsom salts, ahead of schedule.

All the plants now have pistils, including the two younger ones.

I took a few pictures showing the size of the two largest plants on day 24. First the older Crystal Candy Auto:

large.5ca3358df2532_d24ccwidth.jpg

Here's the older Mohan Ram Auto:
large.5ca33589c1f33_d24mrwidth.jpg

large.5ca334fc9eb12_d24mrheight.jpg

Here's a closer look at the stem of the Mohan Ram Auto:
large.5ca3350105c7a_d24mrstem.jpg

I want to show you two things: first, how close the nodes are (there is less than an inch between the first and third nodes); and second, the unusual development of leaf tissue under the cotyledons, which I've never noticed on a plant before.

I've previously LST'd plants, but the fabric pots will make this tricky. The plants are still very short as you can see, but I would like to encourage side branching. I decided to try supercropping the ones in fabric pots instead, so on day 24 I did this to the Mohan Ram Auto between the 5th and 6th nodes, and something very similar to the Crystal Candy Auto:
large.5ca335043bef5_d24mrsupercrop.jpg

On day 26 I have tied down the Killer Kush Auto and and Blow Mind Auto. The younger plants are almost ready but I will give them a couple more days. Here's a day 26 group shot:
large.5ca335089950f_d26groupshot.jpg

They are in different positions to previous photos:
Top row: Crystal Candy Auto (younger), Killer Kush Auto, Crystal Candy Auto
Bottom row: Mohan Ram Auto (younger), Blow Mind Auto, Mohan Ram Auto

• Like 6

Looking bang on mate. The two younger ones definitely benefitted from the earlier pot up and feed raise ;)

Good to see you got your new reflector, onwards and upwards :yep:

• Like 2

Day 27 to Day 32

The plants are really going for it now! The Mohan Ram Autos continue to be the most interesting to me. Both plants are now showing double serration on some leaves:
large.5cab65aa46cc8_d28mrleaf.jpg

The plants in fabric pots responded well to the supercropping and their sidebranches have shot out in all directions. Here's the older Mohan Ram Auto on day 28:
large.5cab65ae95b79_d28mrstem.jpg

I will continue to supercrop these by giving the main stem on each a squeeze, to limit height and encourage side branching. I did so again on day 32.

Here is the Killer Kush Auto on day 29:
large.5cab65b21dc8e_d29kk.jpg

It is still the palest of the six plants, but it is growing well nonetheless and responded well to the LST. The Blow Mind Auto on the other hand is a darker green, but a smaller plant which has taken longer to develop side branches.

The two younger plants have been tied down now too, I did this on day 29. They've both immediately developed lots of shoots.

Here's a shot of all six on day 31, some nice flowers (and odours!) starting to develop:
large.5cab65b5d4889_d31groupshot.jpg

Top row: Crystal Candy Auto (younger), Killer Kush Auto, Crystal Candy Auto
Bottom row: Mohan Ram Auto (younger), Blow Mind Auto, Mohan Ram Auto

Here's a shot to show the increase in height of the older Mohan Ram Auto, virtually double in the week between the last photo and this one:
large.5cab65a73d95c_d31mrheight.jpg

I watered on days 27, 29 and 31. On day 31 the pots were significantly lighter so I decided this meant they'd benefit from a daily watering, so I watered on day 32 too. I also sprayed with Epsom salts on days 28 and 32.

I used EC 1.1 for the waterings. I made a mistake in my last update and said I was on EC 0.8. I think I was confused as this is composed of 0.8ml/l Gro, 0.6ml/l Micro and 0.4ml/l Bloom. Some point soon I will switch this around, increasing the Bloom and decreasing the Gro. I set pH somewhere between 5.8 and 6.2. Environmentally things have stayed constantly between 21°C- 28°C, 45-65% RH.

• Like 7

Day 33 and Day 34

The move to daily waterings seems to have boosted them even further. This picture was taken yesterday, only 36 hours after the previous group shot but the difference is clear:
large.5cad08221d1d6_d33groupshot.jpg

Today is day 34. When I unzipped the tent I was hit with a lovely tropical fruit smell which I think is mostly coming from the Crystal Candy Autos. Here's what I saw:
large.5cad08385dc39_d34groupshot.jpg

The older Crystal Candy Auto is working hard flowering - look at her sweat:
large.5cad082d336ff_d34cc.jpg

The younger Crystal Candy Auto is really not far behind. She's 6 days behind, so really this is only day 28 for her, but I wouldn't guess if I didn't know that:
large.5cad08339884f_d34cc2.jpg

The older Mohan Ram Auto is doing well, a few rusty spots on some older leaves but it is flowering fast. I cut a handful of lower branches from her today which are small, I have enough experience to be sure they won't come to anything and will just get in the way. How she looks up top:
large.5cad08176947c_d34mr.jpg

The younger Mohan Ram Auto still doing fine, in a similar place developmentally to where the older plant was at the equivalent time:
large.5cad081c969b4_d34mr2.jpg

Lots of flowers on the Killer Kush Auto:
large.5cad083c393ea_d34kk.jpg

The smallest, slowest plant in the tent - Blow Mind Auto - still looks healthy and has started to flower:
large.5cad08278fac2_d34bm.jpg

I thought all plants were starting to fade a little from the bottom the past couple of days very slightly. I've also been keeping an eye on the runoff recently, something I've not done before and something I know you should treat with a pinch of salt. However I noticed that the EC of the runoff was only slightly lower than the input a couple of days ago, but had dropped and was 0.2-0.3 lower from each plant yesterday. Adding the evidence together, I decided to increase the EC and today they had EC 1.3. I will keep a close eye on them and hope this is what they need.

Temperatures have been  20°C - 27°C, humidity has stayed between 45% - 61%.

• Like 6

Nice plants you got there bro! Well done raising ec levels :yep: time to build those buds now! Will follow this :punk:

• Like 2

Looking great dude, the younger plants soon caught up with the earlier pot on and the supercropping worked a treat to produce some nice bushes. Nice growing  :yep:

• Like 2