Sweet Autos: Mohan Ram, Blow Mind, Crystal Candy and Killer Kush

delagdo

Day 8 to Day 11

Here's the Blow Mind Auto on day 8:
large.5c8eb9135d584_d8bm.jpg

On day 9 I watered the four older plants, upping the EC to 0.9 (0.5ml/l Gro, 0.375ml/l Micro, 0.25ml/l Bloom, plus 5ml/l Root Stimlator). I watered the two younger ones with EC 0.7. I sprayed them all with the same spray (MagneCal and seaweed extract) on day 10.

A couple of pictures of the Killer Kush Auto on day 10:
large.5c8eb919992b7_d10kk-2.jpg

large.5c8eb91b5397d_d10kk.jpg

Here's the younger Mohan Ram Auto on day 10:
large.5c8eb91e3dc7b_d10mr2.jpg

I decided to pot up the four older plants on day 10. I took a picture only of the Crystal Candy Auto roots, but they were all similar:
large.5c8eb9160dcf2_d10ccroots.jpg

The Killer Kush Auto and Blow Mind Auto have gone into airpots. The Mohan Ram Auto and Crystal Candy Auto have gone into some new fabric pots I am trying for the first time. I watered them in with about 250ml EC 0.9 feed each. The two remaining Mohan Ram Auto and Crystal Candy Auto plants will go into airpots soon.

This is what the tent looks like now on day 11:
large.5c8eb91058d89_d11tent.jpg

:yep:

• Like 9

Great pictures!

The plants are healthy and happy. :wub:

Keep it up, you are doing a great job. :yep:

Sweet smokes. 

- Apolo

Day 12 to Day 15

I've struggled with a few things recently unfortunately. I've had a terrible cough and cold, which put me out of action for a bit, and my CMH bulb failed.

On day 12 I checked the tent and found it dark, but I thought from the temperature it had just happened only minutes before. I switched the ballast off to cool down, and checked all fittings. When I checked the bulb I did notice one of the connector pins had blackened. It all started up again when I flicked the switch so they only missed about half an hour of light that day.

On day 13 I found it dark again. This time I think I must have found it about 15 or 20 minutes after it went out, as it was all fairly hot still but had obviously cooled a bit. I repeated the checks, but this time the bulb wouldn't fire and instead just pulsed for a few seconds before going dark. I tried this a couple of times, waiting between, and then I got my 250w HPS out for the evening. Here's a picture I took of the CMH pins:
large.5c93f9d06eb39_CMHpins.jpg

I'm not sure but I think there may be something wrong with my Maxibright Daylight reflector so I didn't want to put the new bulb in that. I am going to call Greens, who I bought the CMH kit from, to discuss what I can do, since I bought it all just literally a year and a week ago, and I've only had about 5 months worth of use from it. I think others have had similar problems. Hopefully I can get it replaced.

The next day things started to look up again, my cold was mostly better and I managed to get to a hydroponics shop where I purchased a Maxibright Agro bulb and an E40/CDM adaptor so I can use it in my old PowerPlant shade. Here it is up and running:
large.5c93f9d6decb6_CMHinpowerplant.jpg

Back on my feet, I took a few pictures of the plants on day 14. Here's the Blow Mind Auto, which has really interesting stubby fat leaves, not at all sativa-looking like I thought it might. The leaf blades are so round it almost looks like a strawberry plant:
large.5c93f8f87a88f_d14bm.jpg

The Mohan Ram Autos also have interesting leaves, the older plant showing these huge serrations much deeper than any plant I've grown before:
large.5c93f8fcaf258_d14mrleaf.jpg

The younger version is starting to show the same trait:
large.5c93f9851e5dc_d14mr2.jpg

I watered the older plants on day 12 with about 800ml each, EC 0.9, which wasn't enough to soak them through. I did get runoff from the airpots when I gave them a litre each of EC 1.0 on day 14. I gave a little more to those in fabric pots, they seem to lose water and dry out a bit more than airpots, but I didn't get anything out of the bottom.

The younger plants were potted up on day 12 (day 6 for them really) and have been given EC 0.9 so far. I think I was a little slow potting up the older plants and raising EC, so I've done it earlier with these two. The older plants showed a slight paling, which has got a bit better although the Killer Kush Auto still is still a little light, and I'm sure they could all be ever so slightly larger.

Here's a group shot today, day 15. On the left if the Killer Kush Auto at the top, and the Blow Mind Auto at the bottom. In the middle are the Mohan Ram Autos, and on the right are the Crystal Candy Autos:
large.5c93f94fa6999_d15groupshot.jpg

The older Crystal Candy Auto is growing slower than the others, I am not sure if it suffered a little transplant shock, and it is also showing some signs of dreaded magnesium deficiency:
large.5c93f901287c1_d15cc.jpg

I have sprayed them again today, this time with Epsom Salts (half a teaspoon in 300ml of water, plus a tiny bit of seaweed extract), hopefully I can avoid seeing it develop in the other plants. :lucky:

• Like 6

Sounds like its been a few up and down days @delagdo hope you're now back to fighting fit and man, that's a shitter about your lamp, hopefully Greens can sort something out for you :yinyang:

Plants are looking good though bud and a dose of Epsom Salts should hopefully sort the CC out :yep:

• Like 1

Day 16 to Day 19

I spoke with Greens and they were very nice when they said even though it was just beyond a year, the warranty period on the bulb, they would be able to replace that and the reflector. I asked if I could possibly have the Focus reflector this time if I paid a little for the upgrade (they didn't sell it when I bought my kit last year) and they said that should be possible. I am waiting to hear back further from them. Hopefully I can get that sorted out as that would be an improvement over the Daylight I have.

Meanwhile the old PowerPlant diamond style reflector is working well enough with the E40/PZG18 adaptor and Maxibright bulb. Here's a group shot from day 17:
large.5c99579d9e1fe_d17groupshot.jpg

Back row: Killer Kush Auto, Mohan Ram Auto, Crystal Candy Auto

Front row: Blow Mind Auto, Mohan Ram Auto, Crystal Candy Auto

Temperatures in the tent have been mostly 25-26°C lights on, max 28°C, 20-22°C lights off, min 20°C, and humidity is nearly always between 50-60% but very occasionally slightly lower.

Here's the Blow Mind Auto on day 17:
large.5c995799d2b5a_d17bm.jpg

I watered on day 17 and today (day 19) with EC 1.0. I also sprayed again with Epsom salts today. The plants are looking OK I think, but not perfect. The older Mohan Ram Auto also has started to show a slight bit of magnesium deficiency, but not as bad as the Crystal Candy Auto. The two younger plants are larger at an equivalent stage, but have also slightly paled.

The plants are growing well and developing fast. Today whilst watering I spotted the first pistils, poking out from the older Mohan Ram Auto:
large.5c9957a14f774_d19mrpistils1.jpg

large.5c9957969e8b4_d19mrpistils2.jpg

:woot:

• Like 9

Plants are going well on this run mate despite lighting issues. Good luck for the rest of the grow :yinyang:

• Like 2

Day 20

Growth has started to explode. Compare this picture today (day 20) to the last one above, taken exactly 72 hours earlier:

large.5c9a8e72cc4a0_d20groupshot.jpg

The older Crystal Candy Auto is still looking well despite a few patches of damage:

large.5c9a8e6638845_d20cc.jpg

It has become the second plant in the tent to get pistils:

large.5c9a8d7534a03_d20ccpistils.jpg

This is a bit surprising since it was definitely growing a bit slower, and hasn't quite got as far as the others developing the fifth node.

The younger Crystal Candy Auto is also showing what looks like magnesium uptake problems, which appeared first as light green patches on the first pair of true leaves yesterday, which have gone brown now:

large.5c9a8e6cf3563_d20cc2.jpg

I am wondering if perhaps this means the Crystal Candy Auto is slightly more sensitive than the other strains to my low magnesium ratio? Perhaps, but I am not sure. Maybe I have messed up two plants in the same way and they both coincidentally are the Crystal Candy Autos? Equally likely, I'd guess, at least!

I spoke to Greens again today and they have agreed to replacing the reflector with a Focus, and the bulb. They have arranged a courier for Friday when I can wait in for it, to drop the new light off and pick the old one up. I agreed to pay £27 for the reflector upgrade and to cover courier fees etc. There were no quibbles or arguments throughout this process. There's a reason they've been going for so long and have their fantastic reputation. I am really happy with this and excited to get the new gear, and looking forward to showing it to you soon.

Here's the Killer Kush Auto:

large.5c9a8e784368e_d20kk.jpg

• Like 4