A Pirate's Dinafem 2019 Outdoor Competition Voyage

lattitudepirate1

Ahoy all. 

I popped a single critical seed in a wet paper towel on Wednesday morning & by yesterday afternoon a little rap root was appearing. She’s been popped in a small pot on a warm sunny windowsill & is waiting to show her head. :skin_up:

I also popped 2 of the auto white widow in paper towels last night & it looks like both will be ready for pots by this evening.

Just hope I’ve got enough windowsill room - mind you, the tomato’s are all outside now & spent the last few nights with out their bubble wrap protection - so worst comes to worst, they’re going out early!

Let the the voyage begin! 

• Like 5

Omg that's exciting.  Is this the first seeds popped for the 2019 dinifam outdoor grow 2019 forum?   Excitedly watching this 

• Like 3

large.rsz_56162109_987926021402892_5997206596550131712_n.jpglarge.rsz_56408588_278043816462002_7338850205388767232_n.jpg

Ahoyyy me fellow crew mateys! 

Thought id upload a couple of quick snaps of the first wave of Dinafem White Widow Autos. They have a warm sunny spot on an indoor south facing windowsill and will be located here for a couple weeks whilst the night temps are low. The Critical is also above soil however she is in the greenhouse shivering her tits off but looking happy as Larry. 

Unsure why the cotyledons look so yellow in this? Never had such yellow cotyledons ever? 

ATB,

LP

• Like 5

14 hours ago, lattitudepirate1 said:

large.rsz_56162109_987926021402892_5997206596550131712_n.jpglarge.rsz_56408588_278043816462002_7338850205388767232_n.jpg

Ahoyyy me fellow crew mateys! 

Thought id upload a couple of quick snaps of the first wave of Dinafem White Widow Autos. They have a warm sunny spot on an indoor south facing windowsill and will be located here for a couple weeks whilst the night temps are low. The Critical is also above soil however she is in the greenhouse shivering her tits off but looking happy as Larry. 

Unsure why the cotyledons look so yellow in this? Never had such yellow cotyledons ever? 

ATB,

LP

And the journey begins  :yep:

A bit early but if we get a nice start to spring things should go pretty well  ;)

Let jeep an eye on that seedling as those cotyledons (yep leaves) do look very yellow. 

Have you given any feed or any feed in the medium mate @lattitudepirate1?

They sort of look bleached to me?. I'll keep dropping in to keep an eye on the early starter :yep:

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 4

@Dinafem-Mark Morning chap!

I can happily report that all is well this morning. 

It was a bit of a shock seeing them so yellow but after returning from work they appear to be their normal green colour. 

No feed has has been given, just the one watering upon planting & then misting with a spray bottle to keep the top of the pots from drying too quickly. As they’re in large’ish pots early on - I don’t want to overdo the watering whilst they’re so young. (Despite being autos, I will probably still pot them both on when the temps improve outside & they can spend the nights outside too).

Ill grab some fresh pics early next week.

Edit - Just pondering the yellow pictures, it could of been the early morning lighting? Or possibly a combination of that and young leaves desperate for their first light? It seemed strange that both seedlings started off that same colour. I wonder if any of the others running WW A have noticed this? 

ATB, 

LP

Edited by lattitudepirate1
  • Like 3

Ahoy all, 

After seeing multiple posts about Poundland’s range of grow equipment, I copped myself some good size pots to add to the collection, dehydrated 10l blocks of coir, FBB & Bonemeal. 

The pots are maybe 30/40 litre, strong & plastic terracotta. I need to drill some holes but still feel like I’ve copped a right bargain. 

I grabbed 50l of coir & will part mix with jacks magic & perlite. Never mixed coir into a soil mix before but it should be good for aeration & moisture retention right? I’m not going to go crazy as coir & perlite are both sterile mediums & I really don’t want to have to worry about PH & buffering! 

Any info from those more experienced with coir is much appreciated. Am I thinking right or setting myself up for unnecessary problems? 

Atb

LP

• Like 5

Don't bother with the perlite it's a waste of space imo. 

Coir should be added at up to 30% e.g 30l pot would have 10l (or less) coir and 20+l compost :yep:

• Like 3

I'm looking forward to seeing how the seedlings are doing now they have gone more green 

• Like 2

@Kipper420 - Ahoy there sir! Sails away to sail away! 

@beezee Thanks chap! The info is much appreciated! :yep:

@Happyeccentric Looking much happier now, have been away this weekend and only just got home. Theyre a little leggy from window sill action but I intentionally left the soil level low in the pots so I could fill up to support. Im going to chuck them in the greenhouse full time from today on. The Critical has been living out there most of the week and its much more squat and less leggy.

Cheers & atb! 

LP

• Like 5

On 05/04/2019 at 8:13 AM, lattitudepirate1 said:

I can happily report that all is well this morning. 

It was a bit of a shock seeing them so yellow but after returning from work they appear to be their normal green colour. 

That's great news mate ;)

The babies are up and now looking as they should ;)

On 07/04/2019 at 9:43 PM, beezee said:

Don't bother with the perlite it's a waste of space imo. 

Coir should be added at up to 30% e.g 30l pot would have 10l (or less) coir and 20+l compost :yep:

100% agree with @beezee If your using coco I would not use perlite also unless you use 15% of both coco/perlite to 70% compost/soil. Your medium imo would be to light :)

We recommend a 70-30 mix (soil-coco) this works out very well  :yep:

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 2

Ahoy all,

The Critical and WWA today. Both looking nice and green, compost up-to their necks to support. The other WWa is looking identical. 

Interesting to note already the critical has a jagged serrated leaf and the WWa appear to have a slightly less harsh serration on their first leaves. large.rsz_56666876_627754917666266_7312568926842388480_n.jpglarge.rsz_56410051_420040755489072_1697298039460331520_n.jpg

• Like 7

@lattitudepirate1 Looking nice and healthy now mate  :yep:

2 different strains showing different traits. Just as you would expect  ;)

Keep the outdoor updates coming please mate  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

They look lovely.  I think your the first to pop so I'll be joining you soon.  Your plants look so lush 

• Like 2

@Happyeccentric Thanks dude, they've not even been watered in about 4/5 days now. Im going to give them a drink at some point this afternoon. Ive put the widows into LST early. Will probably curl them around their pots so it gives each branch space and hopefully maximised productivity & keeps a nice low profile :bong:

• Like 3