A Pirate's Dinafem 2019 Outdoor Competition Voyage

lattitudepirate1

Ahoy me' hearties, 

Glad you could all join me for this special voyage into uncharted waters for the 2019 season - lets hope its a good'n! Firstly many thanks to @Dinafem-Mark and Dinafem for making all this happen, providing the beans and running this successful competition for multiple years now! Its a first time for me, I just hope I can do the strains I opted for justice. 

The girls will be getting under sail at Lat 51 and will be growing in the greenhouse and in the garden. 

I have opted for two strains, the first being the infamous Critical + 2.0. The hardiness of this strain due to the inbred lineage of a moisture resistant phenotype attracted me, as any outdoor grower has surely ran into the dreaded botrytis when approaching harvest time. Also a 70/30 indica/ sativa hybrid, coupled with a late September finish ticks all the boxes for me. 

The second of the Dinafem selection I have opted for is the White Widow Auto. Ive seen multiple posts on here praising this auto strain - I believe the aliens had several good results and remember one or two others commenting that it was always a solid performer even at lats several degrees higher than me. 

Ill be using Jacks Magic (50%) with perlite (50%) to loosen & aerate the medium. In terms of feeding - ill probably use Tomorite or something that I have to hand. Generally i've done just fine without worrying too much about feeding and all that jazz. 

Cheers and all the best! 

• Like 7

@Andromedian Cheers Andro, I remember seeing your post praising this strain and being at the same lat, it had to be done! Even more so after seeing some of your snaps! 

@mr_git Cheers mate, fingers crossed for a great season! 

:hippy:

• Like 3

Well i've had an eventful morning in the greenhouse. Ive only gone and impaled myself in the thigh with a rusty screw. :wallbash: Booked in for a tetanus jab early Monday morning. 

Oh grow prep - you so dangerous. These girls best appreciate the literal blood, sweat and tears that goes in.

Be careful out there guys, especially in the guerrilla environment where you may be off the beaten' track. Slow and steady, the tortoise won remember. 

All the best!

Y'arrrrr

• Like 4

@lattitudepirate1

When we first went to our UFC Plot.....I fractured my skull, and with blood pissing down my face....

I still went and dug 20 holes while he cooked the food lol

Just got to love guerrilla growing 

:unsure:

• Like 5

Will defo be following your journey ! 

Nice strain choice btw. I think anyone overlooking C+2.0 will be gutted. 

All the best!! :bong:

• Like 3

@Andromedian Crikey! That’s dedication mate. I hope & trust you made a speedy recovery! I’m gonna read back over your WW grows from previous years at some point this month before getting things started. 

@Mr_cocofibrelover Cheers mate! Hoping for a solid season with these selections. 

@Kipper420 Thanks bud, hopefully we can bounce some knowledge back & forth! Will be following your thread closely! 

All the best guys 

• Like 4

On 8 March 2019 at 6:48 PM, Andromedian said:

@lattitudepirate1

When we first went to our UFC Plot.....I fractured my skull, and with blood pissing down my face....

I still went and dug 20 holes while he cooked the food lol

Just got to love guerrilla growing 

:unsure:

4 times my heads been split open, first two times I went to hospital for poxy few stitches and glue, the last two times I just put tissue paper under my cap. lol though fuck A&E for 5 hours just for a few stiches

On 5 March 2019 at 2:42 PM, lattitudepirate1 said:

White Widow Auto

Good luck, growing them my self along with the xxl version for comparison 

@Jack010 - Cheers mate, fingers crossed for a stinking season with cucumber long colas! Will be watching your thread closely! :bong:

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 11:08 AM, lattitudepirate1 said:

@Andromedian Crikey! That’s dedication mate. I hope & trust you made a speedy recovery! I’m gonna read back over your WW grows from previous years at some point this month before getting things started.

13 hours ago, lattitudepirate1 said:

@Andromedian You’re a dying breed old chap! Keep that noggin’ safe! We need that grow knowledge retained! :wallbash:

Ha ha yeah mate, made of stronger stuff, us Aliens:alien:

Well if I can be of any help, just ask away.

atb

• Like 4

@lattitudepirate1 Thank you for getting your 2019 outdoor adventure up and running mate :yep:

Seeds have been mailed so should land this week ;)

This season is going to be epic and could be the best yet on UK420  :yep:

Let's see what mother nature has in store. Hopefully as hot as last year but a bit longer :bong:

Good luck buddy we will be along every step of the way :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2