Complete beginner

Happyeccentric

29 minutes ago, Happyeccentric said:

Haha it does look like that.  I done alot of reading and watching you tube and I learnt the joys of a spray for water when they are babies.  I hope it works but it does look like indoor rain.  Thanks for checking out my pics 

No worries i got a chair pulled up think you have beasts crop time

Watch out tonight if their in the greenhouse yet , theres snow and frost on the way . Thats why i dont put outside till at earliest mid april . You can do early finishing phenos no problem under glass , dont do pure satvias tho they finish too late . I leave my phenos outside in pots during veg and bring them in only when they start to flower september . This makes a less crowded greenhouse and brings down humidity when the autos are in flower . I wont germinate my phenos for greenhouse this year till early july as i dont think it makes any or much difference in yeild growing them from may , just alot leggier with the weight on the top . THC Bomb is a good one , big yeilder , hi THC , mold resistant . My THC Bomb will be done in the ground early may with no cover this year , blue cheese in pots and various autos .

Edited by RikD67
  • Like 2

Hey there.  Glad it's working out for you so far.  I've been recommended Sweet Gelato Auto which I'll be planting in May - indoors though.  

Looking at your pics, the second seedling looks awfully stretched out.  This normally means that you're not providing enough light - keep an eye on her and be prepared to prop her up with a small stick or cane.  Good luck

Edited by JJJ

8 hours ago, Happyeccentric said:

Omg 1 week and they are defo growing....I'm amazed and keep checking them every 10 minutes hahalarge.15526529963166008246810548573490.jpglarge.15526529596697107728778852128246.jpg

Might be worth filling the pot now with soil, to the top of the pot to help support the stem on that plant before it topples over 

49 minutes ago, Jack010 said:

Might be worth filling the pot now with soil, to the top of the pot to help support the stem on that plant before it topples over 

Thanks for the tip. I'll do that in the morning.  Is it the orange one I should do that with?  Thanks for the tip 

3 minutes ago, Happyeccentric said:

orange

Yes mate cos soon as it grows a few sets of leaves it could fall over cos of how long the stem is

I'd do it with both of them.  They're both too lanky.  Here's my latest seedling.  You can see how short the stem is at that early stage.  It won't do them any harm to fill the pots up a bit.

Day 7

• Like 2

On 04/03/2019 at 11:00 PM, Happyeccentric said:

I could order more and have a variety if there is a way of managing the smell?  I could always order different ones.  Would it be worth me ordering more sweet seeds that are not auto to give me a chance to try not auto ones.  I could just order sweet if he would prefer them 

Welcome happy. The smell shouldnt be a issue untill late flower/harvest if you have neighbors close to your green house. You could get a carbon filter and fan but not sure how to rig one up in a green house or there are odor neutralizing powders you can get

If you're feeling adventurous and if it's something you're likely to use again and again, you could get one of those small single sheds and place it hard up against the north side of the greenhouse, remove one of the greenhouse panes and install a fan and carbon filter.  You could probably do the whole thing for under 200 quid.  Might be worth an initial investment if it gives you a piece of mind.

Ahoy chap, hope all is well?!

Grab yourself some lavender, Rosemary, Dianthus, Jasmine & clematis plants. Dot them around your garden & these will help mask smells. Clematis are especially great as they will climb up & over or through pretty much anything. Cover your fence with it, grow it through your hedges ect. 

Come late flower - I’ve heard of growers creosoting their fence, jeys fluid in the drains - there’s lots of ways you can mask smells! 

Good luck & atb! 

LP

• Like 6

Thanks so much.  So I've taken all the advice on board.  It's been snowing here bizarrely the last couple of days but my plants are safe and sound on my windowsill.   I've taken the tip from @JJJand @Jack010 and filled the pots up with more compost with the seedlings looking so lanky.  I have moved to a better windowsill with more light as I learned from young guys it might be due to not enough light.

I love all the tips you all gave me on smells and I love the idea of the fragrant plants.  I'm looked for the plants @lattitudepirate1 suggested and will get them next week once the weather has settled and then come harvest have all the kresote, ona gel and carbon filter tips to top things up.

Thanks for telling me about it all as I have learned so much from you guys 

• Like 5

Yeh well done , you should get a result from them . Your next stage will be to re pot the seedlings into their final pot , but looking at your photos you"ve got another week or so till their ready for that . Make sure the soil you choose is not too hot in nutrients as autos are more sensative , something like bio-bizz light mix or plagron light mix , im using pro xl sublime mix this time around and seems good stuff . Choose your pot size well , as a rule of thumb a gallon of size for every month of its life , so three gallons outdoor /18-19 litres , air pots or fabric would be my choice . Then lastly consider your nutrients choice and only feed about half of recommended dose because of auto sensativity , you wont need to feed them after re potting for a couple of weeks because of the neutrients in the grow medium . Keep posting the pictures and i look forward to seeing the results :smokin:

4 hours ago, RikD67 said:

autos are more sensative

Not true at all! In the 6 years I've been growing them, not once have autos needed less nutes than photoperiod, in fact it's been the other way round on more than a few occasions. :smokin:

• Like 5