Complete beginner

Happyeccentric

I'd wait until at least mid April to sow the seeds and then put them straight into the final pot in the greenhouse :yep:

• Like 2

Good on you for having a go , Ive done a couple of years of autos and phenos in a greenhouse with pretty good results , but was a learning curve . Im in s/wales 51 latitude . Maybee you should try a few different strains in there the quick one (which i have done under glass) is ok , but why drink cheap wine when you can have a nice one . lol I used 18 litre fabric pots for the autos , great for root growth and oxygen for the roots , they averaged probably around a meter high from ground . I dont know what size greenhouse your using but during budding youve got to keep the humidity down to prevent bud rot , and the more youve got budding and watering the damper it will be . You can get past this with good airflow if humidity levels are up , or as i did buy a dehumidifier which is capable of extracting the same amount of water as you water in the greenhouse every day in a 24 hour period . But if youve just got a couple in there you may be fine , but buy a decent temp humidity meter at least . ....... Lastly the smell issue , the same for me as i have neighbors over the high fence , you can buy Ona gel , which was designed to hide the smell of sewage in sewage plants , its amazing stuff and a couple of takeaway containers half filled with water and the gel with holes in the top will kill the smell in the air . I place one bye the roof window to catch outward smell and one bye the door , works a treat , and doesnt affect the smell or taste of bud at all . Also you can buy high smelling plants to place around your greenhouse .... Lavender , curry plants etc as a second line of defence . Hope this helps :smokin:

Edited by RikD67
  • Like 6

Hi guys,  Thanks for all the support and advice.  It's inspired me to keep moving forward and I have all my lovely tomato seeds planted and managed to germinate two of the four seeds I tried and have an ak47 auto and a quick one in their final pots.  I would have loved to shared pics but still not figured out how.  The ona advice is perfect and I have been reading some of the outdoor growing diaries for Scottish growers and learning alot of stuff.  I may also do an outdoor plant just for fun.  I have a nice private bit that would be perfect so it seems harmless.  I'm getting a little jumpy as I read the legal section and didn't realise how naughty it was.  I was hoping I could have just laughed it off if I got caught but it seems quite serious.  The bit of advice I have learned in here is tell nobody so I only have you guys to share it with 

• Like 5

I have been able to upload my first photo and here is one pic I have of my autoseed straight in a pot.  I'm aware the magic might not happen here.  I also have a really nice pic of my autos germinated and in their final pots but the site is refusing to upload them insisting they are over 1mb (they arent)  so I'm a bit disappointed I can't show my progress.  I am not good with computers large.20190310_175746.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks beezee again.  I didn't even know that I could subscribe and now I can see that I can and I even get a free pack of seeds with it the white widow xxx autos I was thinking of buying anyway and it supports the site which has been a hive of information and support for me as a newbie.   I managed to get this pic uploaded which is my very first sprout ever and I'm just so super excited I'm bouncing round the kitchen.  large.20190311_105142.jpg

• Like 8

Once you pop you just can't stop

You got the bug now look back in a few years at this and see how far you have come in growing 

I really wouldnt worry too much about the legal aspect too much , without jinxing myself lol , touch wood lol, the boys in blue have had a massive 25% cut back in funding a few years back and the unofficial line with cheif officers seems to be not to bother with those who grow weed for their own personal consumption and only target industrial size growers . 

With the country awash with cocaine and spice and smack they are not bothered about a few plants done discreetly and themselves support changes in weed law and need their funds for serious crime . As a result small scale grow busts are down massively . So relax :smokin:and real"y enjoy watching your girls grow and learning to nourish them properly , i guarantee next year you will be upping your game , enjoy :magic: 

• Like 3

That's both my ak47 and quick one popped through.  I don't know what they are meant to look like but I love them.  I have my subscription envelope all filled out and just need to pop it into a box later today so I can post better photos large.15524638110324289138818333376878.jpglarge.15524636526557042494531664539579.jpg

• Like 4

On 04/03/2019 at 11:00 PM, Happyeccentric said:

I could order more and have a variety if there is a way of managing the smell?  I could always order different ones.  Would it be worth me ordering more sweet seeds that are not auto to give me a chance to try not auto ones.  I could just order sweet if he would prefer them 

Sweets KillerKush fast version all the way :yes:

ETA

Youl love the 47..

Edited by SlimPikins
ETA
  • Like 1

Omg 1 week and they are defo growing....I'm amazed and keep checking them every 10 minutes hahalarge.15526529963166008246810548573490.jpglarge.15526529596697107728778852128246.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Happyeccentric said:

Omg 1 week and they are defo growing....I'm amazed and keep checking them every 10 minutes hahalarge.15526529963166008246810548573490.jpglarge.15526529596697107728778852128246.jpg

I Think it's raining inside lol

Haha it does look like that.  I done alot of reading and watching you tube and I learnt the joys of a spray for water when they are babies.  I hope it works but it does look like indoor rain.  Thanks for checking out my pics 

• Like 1