Lemon Dizzle + Kushty BX LED Grow

Reflektor

Day 17 - coming on well, have stripped loads of fans leaves off several times now. Am seeing more heads popping up than I’ve ever seen before which is great.

Both strains have given me 1 big bushy plant and 1 smaller plant each which is a coincidence. Although, bit worried about what I suspect is a pair of bollocks growing out of one of the big fan leaves - I’ve never had a hermie or a male plant before so not exactly sure what I’m looking at. The plant in question has pistils elsewhere. What do I do? Cut that leaf off and keep eyes peeled for any more that pop up?

large.3DEBA464-FA50-4E72-88EA-A666F033BF30.jpeglarge.948BC434-0F5C-46BB-AFCC-E541565C4D87.jpeg

• Like 1

wow that is some random shit mate iv never in my life seen anything like that,.. pick them off or pluck that leaf of,.. keep an eye on them over the next week ,.. it may just be some random shit going on,..

• Like 3

Ha, never had a mutant before but on this season's grow it looks like I've ended up with 2!

FYI, this particular plant is a darker shade of green than all the others and has tighter growth at the tips, deffo a different phenotype.

Just noticed x9 fingers on that leaf, x10 if you count the small one in that middle!

Edited by Reflektor

So here’s a couple clearer images post-castration, and confirmation of nuts.

Bit nervous about keeping this one in with the others now and tempted to pull it, but will try not to panic and just keep a closer eye on her. him. It. He-she..

large.BD8EE5B5-3738-4A92-8C3A-BE21C7C0755F.jpeglarge.B44F944D-2A9E-47DC-AD92-756B1DC2ACED.jpeg

• Like 4

I’ve since pulled two more leaves from this plant, one with a single bollock on it, the other looking a bit suspect as if it’s about to grow one. 

Getting a bit concerned about leaving the plant in the groom just in case I miss one tucked away in the foliage..

10 minutes ago, Reflektor said:

I’ve since pulled two more leaves from this plant, one with a single bollock on it, the other looking a bit suspect as if it’s about to grow one. 

Getting a bit concerned about leaving the plant in the groom just in case I miss one tucked away in the foliage..

Which strain are they on mate the kushty? Personally I’d take the plant down unless you can closely inspect it every few days. I had a few mini buds grow out the centre of the leaves like that once, never hermie balls like that, some weird mutation.

• Like 2

Yeah it’s on the Kushty. Much darker leaves than its sister, and it’s been pointing them all up begging at the light like no other strain I’ve grown.

I’ve moved it to the front of the grow and I can get to it fairly comfortably to inspect but I must admit it is making me nervous to think I may miss a pollen outbreak at some point. 

• Like 2

Day 23 (yesterday) - have been mulling over the decision to remove the hermie trait kushty plant, but for last few days I’ve seen no new balls appear, and I’ve moved her to the front so I can easily access and inspect for a good few minutes every day. On purely greedy terms I’m considering leaving her in there, if she starts suddenly sprouting loads more new balls or a couple of naners then I’ll probably remove her and stick her in the woods and let her fend for herself.

Shes also most advanced of the crop (front left in pic), with lovely big tight clusters of trichs, and the first light frosting. Couldn’t resist a sniff, she’s very complex. I’m no expert with scents but to me there’s pine, and maybe a hint of tar. Also a thick sweet note, a bit like treacle. Lovely stuff!

large.227F91F0-E691-4374-91E9-6F70D580CE63.jpeg

• Like 3

Day 28 (yesterday). Starting to take on more feed now and bud sites starting to develop. The is/she is/he is starting to show signs of frosting up a treat too. Still no sign of new balls.

large.CB9F5F2D-E0E1-4440-8375-7C2A45DD1B78.pnglarge.CA76064B-B184-4D45-B82E-989223605C5D.jpeg

• Like 3

Looking good mate coming along nicely , that was a weird one them coming out the leaf like that iv never seen that ever , or heard of it,.. 

• Like 1

Day 35 (pic taken on day 34). No sign of new balls. Smell of lemon on stem rub is lovely.

large.F390B193-C647-4DD3-AC8C-09E5086E35E5.jpeg

• Like 3

Day 38 - loving the sheer quantity of bud sites on these kushtys, most of the stems are completely covered in them. Budtastic!

large.36A4E7BD-F19B-4B16-B85E-BD2ADE54EFDF.jpeg

• Like 2

Day 42.

Buds coming along now, looking forward to them swelling over next couple of weeks. 

Have noticed a slight cal deficiency in a couple of the plants so have starting feeding a calmag/bloom mix to them.large.1FDB0504-0892-40AD-AB40-908E769CDB5B.jpeg

• Like 3

Day49 - buds are mainly small and tight still. Am holding out for a good swell over final couple weeks. Will probably give one or two more feeds before tapering off 

large.64803B74-5BA9-4ED1-AA6D-8364AA0D0015.jpeg

• Like 1