Dinamed CBD Plus Diary - under QB's in a dr60 :)

flash_cannon

On 01/03/2019 at 10:53 AM, flash_cannon said:

Yes the 75w is tied up with plant ties but it weighs about the same as a credit card! 

If it works mate :yep:

I've not seen this lighting before so I'll be watching this one more in-depth  :yep:

Looking happy and healthy so far buddy ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

Just a little update as there’s not been much to report in the baby stages! 

One looks slightly healthier than the other, may have burned her a little with the N in the bat guano but it’s not too bad and she should grow into it.

in other news the autos are almost ready so I can pop more photo seeds to grow alongside the Dinamed’s :bong:

• Like 3

On 06/03/2019 at 7:12 PM, flash_cannon said:

in other news the autos are almost ready so I can pop more photo seeds to grow alongside the Dinamed’s

Always looking on the bright side  :bong:

Do you have a photoperiod strain in mind to grow along with DinaMed? 

It does look like one has a touch of nute burn but as said she will grow out of this pretty quick and back on track :yep:

Thanks for the update mate  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

Do you have a photoperiod strain in mind to grow along with DinaMed? 

Hi mate, yes I do. I have karma genetics fruity pebbles and in-house genetics do-lato seeds left over from previous grows. I will probably run the fruity pebbles. I’ll pop them tomorrow when I have a chance to dig them out, should be timed right as the autos have a week, max. 

It’s a shame they couldn’t go day by day, blow for blow! The restrictions of a council flat farmer kick in :)

Learned my lesson with the hot bat shit. It’s a long road learning organics and soil mixes I guess! A way to go but I am looking forward to getting to my own no-till living soil recipe when I have my own garden. 

• Like 3

On 08/03/2019 at 0:36 AM, flash_cannon said:

Learned my lesson with the hot bat shit. It’s a long road learning organics and soil mixes I guess! A way to go but I am looking forward to getting to my own no-till living soil recipe when I have my own garden. 

No till and organic growing can take a bit of trial and error but we'll worth it in the end :)

The plants grow better and the end product is way superior to flowers grown with salt based bottled nutes :)

You will find that with no till and super soil type mixes that some strains will handle it fine others not so well. I would make a "light mix" soil then add the ammendments as required watching how the plants/strains react  :yep:

More can be added it can not be taken away ;)

All the best 

Mark.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

More can be added it can not be taken away

Thats what I'm learning with the bat guano! I'll send some pics tomorrow but the leaves are pretty dark.

It will certainly be a steep learning curve for me, just getting my head around the science by reading all I can... this book is great http://www.timberpress.com/books/teaming_microbes/lowenfels/9781604691139

Definitely going to add these amendments as I go in future, rather than load up the soil first. 

• Like 2

Well after 4 weeks of veg the two Dinmeds have filled out the 7l pots and I’m probably going to flower them this coming week.

the Mephisto’s are still finishing up but a few more days should do fine.

895uERT.jpg

the Dinmeds have been on just water, root juice and one bio tea for four weeks.

They look like they could be hungry now? Bright yellow leaf tips and much lighter green new growth, compared with the deep sea green older leaves that the bat guano saw to! 

(Pics is post above) 

I just fed them half strength bio grow, bio heaven, activera & alg a mic - plus 1g of biotea per litre. That cocktail added up to 600 PPM. 

• Like 3

On 17/03/2019 at 11:54 AM, flash_cannon said:

They look like they could be hungry now? Bright yellow leaf tips and much lighter green new growth, compared with the deep sea green older leaves that the bat guano saw to! 

There is something strange going on with the growth mate, it sort of looks like overfeeding but in the other hand underfeeding. 

I know you have loaded the soil with amendments. Could you check the ppm run-off buddy?

The Memphisto strains leaves also look to have had a similar experience as there leaves also look to be yellow tipped and scorched, it could be that the soil is way to "hot" mate :yep:

With that said the memphisto buds look impressive but something is causing this yellowing issue  :)

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

There is something strange going on with the growth mate, it sort of looks like overfeeding but in the other hand underfeeding. 

I know you have loaded the soil with amendments. Could you check the ppm run-off buddy?

The Memphisto strains leaves also look to have had a similar experience as there leaves also look to be yellow tipped and scorched, it could be that the soil is way to "hot" mate :yep:

With that said the memphisto buds look impressive but something is causing this yellowing issue  :)

All the best 

Mark..

Thanks for the reply mate - it’s been a problem with the mephistos too, although I didnt ammended their soil until I topdressed later in growth. But they are autos and my first real auto run at that, still not sure if I overfed or underfed! 

I never had problems before with straight biobizz soil so it’s probably my fault for trying to be and organic soil chef when I know fuck all about it still :wallbash:

ill check the PPM of the runoff next feed! 

I was also worried that they are not draining properly so I sat them up on plastic pots to create more air for the root tips 

• Like 3

On 18/03/2019 at 10:09 PM, flash_cannon said:

But they are autos and my first real auto run at that, still not sure if I overfed or underfed! 

Personally I'm going with overfed mate, I assume your soil was amended for "photoperiod strains"? If so maybe reduce the feed next time and top dress as needed  :yep:

On 18/03/2019 at 10:09 PM, flash_cannon said:

ill check the PPM of the runoff next feed! 

I was also worried that they are not draining properly so I sat them up on plastic pots to create more air for the root tips 

Thanks buddy :yep:

Elevating the pots will definitely help with drainage and airflow  :bong:

Thanks for the update mate  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• 4 weeks later...

Alright there @flash_cannon

How’s your cbd girls coming on mate?

I have been growing one myself and she is almost done now, what can I say, I am really impressed with her so far, she certainly has grown well not to fussy and really large buds by the looks of things, the smells coming from it when I give her a cheeky little rub, I am getting a sweet melon smell, can’t wait to try some, anyway I hope yours is going as well as mine is,

Take it easy Jj:yinyang:

• Like 3