Dinamed CBD Plus Diary - under QB's in a dr60 :)

flash_cannon

Hey,

In an effort to make some serious medicinal oil I am going to grow out and extract CBD Plus. This will most probably be mixed with an extraction of Karma Genetics Fruity Pebble Rado (FPR). With this method I am hoping to have a high CBD AND THC medicine, probably mixing the two oils at a 1:1 ratio for a hopefully narcotic, relaxing effect. I know that THC 1:1 CBD strains exist (shout to Sweet Seeds Honey Peach Auto) but I am hoping for a stronger oil when mixing the two. A learned friend of mine will do the extraction - he gets very good results out of a big Grand Daddy Purp grown in his garden every year so I'm hoping my indoors can match the potency. He has lab testing and experience so I'm excited for the numbers on paper as well. 

I've grown out the FPR before and it gave incredibly strong head and body high. This time I will let it go a little longer for a real narco effect. It's top stuff!

Since that grow I have been looking for a high CBD plant and Dinamed CBD Plus came at a great time! 

I'll be growing in biobizz light mix for the starter pots and I may step up to allmix for the bigger pots. It's a small grow; 4 plants in 7l pots, two of each strain. Their sunny days will be provided by two small QB's; 135w (dimmable) and 75w (not so dimmable) from @diyleduk. The 135 fills the dr60 amply, so I use the 75 in the small prop tent. However with both lights at 3000k, I will probably cram the two in at flowering time as I like to dim the 135 a little. 

@Dinafem-Mark I see that you are active on the forums which is great to have! Any soil / nutes tips you have observed for this strain before I but them in bigger pots would be a fantastic help. I have a good range of biobizz on deck from previous years; grow, bloom, heaven, topmax, algamic, root juice. I'm going 24/0 lights for veg.

3 seeds were popped about a week ago and today showed the first green shoot on the long road from Babylon! 

FWwznzA.jpg

• Like 10

Welcome buddy.

will be nice to see high grade thc and CBD doms grow side by side. Especially at flowering time 

trouble is I’ve only just remembered the idea so the fruity pebbles will be a week behind :D

It’s a stoners forum after all ;)

• Like 3

I've grown this @flash_cannon, pretty uneventful grow in a good way. Nice and easy. Quite branchy, topped her once and has the potential to get big. I gave her 3 1/2 weeks veg and got a couple of ounces of nicely cured sweet, melon/ honey smelling sticky CBD bud. She was pretty hungry and flowered for 9 weeks.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Lean Bear said:

I've grown this @flash_cannon, pretty uneventful grow in a good way. Nice and easy. Quite branchy, topped her once and has the potential to get big. I gave her 3 1/2 weeks veg and got a couple of ounces of nicely cured sweet, melon/ honey smelling sticky CBD bud. She was pretty hungry and flowered for 9 weeks.

Thanks @Lean Bear! That’s great info to have - I’ll probably top her but I have 160cm height so not too shabby - she can grow a bit. The only limit I think are the QB’s because they are bright as hell (but oh so small and quiet) 

• Like 2

@flash_cannonI have just started a diary to test the new OGC strain for Dinafem, I am doing multistrains one of which is a Dinamed so I will be watching your grow with great interest, it’s the first time I have run a high CBD strain so it should be interesting. I have ran Karma strains in the past and it all been top quality.

@AbsurdistGet a diary on the go dude then there will be at least 3 of us running CBD strains to compare notes with.

Good luck with your CBD grows dudes.

• Like 2

On 15/02/2019 at 0:06 PM, flash_cannon said:

I see that you are active on the forums which is great to have! Any soil / nutes tips you have observed for this strain before I but them in bigger pots would be a fantastic help.

I try my best mate and I'll be happy to assist all I can :yep:

Firstly thank you for getting your grow up with our enhanced DinaMed CBD plus  :bong:

Now onto your questions  ;)

For DinaMed CBD plus a soil medium is perfect the only thing I would add would be some perlite or coco to lighten the medium :yep:

For pure CBD strains we like to get them established in 1l pots then into finish pots at 11l in size if grown indoors. We have found that as little root disturbance with heavily influenced CBD strains is advised  :yep:

With feed try to keep the e.c to around 1.0 (500ppm) from day 14 onwards and increase upto an e.c of 1.4(700ppm). We have pushed our nutrient feed and I have seen nutrient feed pushed to 1.6-1.8ec with no issue but if you are going to push the feed do it gradually  ;)

Now I've not seen to many grows with our DinaMed CBD plus using LED so this is going to be interesting  :)

She will respond to both topping and LST very well to ;) that may help to keep the height down and manageable. 

On 15/02/2019 at 9:07 PM, Smokebelch said:

AbsurdistGet a diary on the go dude then there will be at least 3 of us running CBD strains to compare notes with.

I agree brother. The more grows going the more knowledge shared ;)

This one looks like it will be a blast. Both a high THC strain Being grown with some pure CBD goodness. How could this go wrong :yep:

Thank you for getting your diary up mate. I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

hi guys, quick update as I haven't had much time this week - just been lightly spraying the seedlings with rested tap water daily. think I added a tiny bit of root juice to one sesh. growth is steady.

I dug the seeds too shallow a grave, which meant they bent right over in a cat fart. I used some wire to prop them up and they are going OK now. slightly weird (burnt?) leaves with a holes knocking about  but its early days. I'm sure the new soil and strong genetics will nurse her back. if not, more space for the others! 

Thanks for the info @Dinafem-Mark

I will pot up tomorrow into 7l airpots which will probably be their final pots due to space issues. the organic soil mix is ready for them, the recipe below is to be split between three 7l airpots;

20l lightmix

200ml ecothrive charge 

100g bat guano 

2g of Epsom salts 

2g dolomite lime 

I'd like to add some coco or perlite but I dont think I'll be able to get any in time 

Feed will be;

2 bio tabs per pot

1 ecothrive biosys microbe tea after transplant 

Bioheaven at 1ml per litre during flower 

have a good weekend all! (I'll be cleaning my tent)

MEnNmRu.jpg

• Like 4

On 18/02/2019 at 9:13 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

I try my best mate and I'll be happy to assist all I can :yep:

Firstly thank you for getting your grow up with our enhanced DinaMed CBD plus  :bong:

Now onto your questions  ;)

For DinaMed CBD plus a soil medium is perfect the only thing I would add would be some perlite or coco to lighten the medium :yep:

For pure CBD strains we like to get them established in 1l pots then into finish pots at 11l in size if grown indoors. We have found that as little root disturbance with heavily influenced CBD strains is advised  :yep:

With feed try to keep the e.c to around 1.0 (500ppm) from day 14 onwards and increase upto an e.c of 1.4(700ppm). We have pushed our nutrient feed and I have seen nutrient feed pushed to 1.6-1.8ec with no issue but if you are going to push the feed do it gradually  ;)

Now I've not seen to many grows with our DinaMed CBD plus using LED so this is going to be interesting  :)

She will respond to both topping and LST very well to ;) that may help to keep the height down and manageable. 

I agree brother. The more grows going the more knowledge shared ;)

This one looks like it will be a blast. Both a high THC strain Being grown with some pure CBD goodness. How could this go wrong :yep:

Thank you for getting your diary up mate. I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Hi mate, just out of interest what ratio would you mix coco or perlite to light mix? 

• Like 2

@flash_cannon Biobizz light mix mate?

As it's a light mix I would do

50% light mix

30% coco

20% perlite 

You could go 25% of both coco and perlite  ;) I would definitely keep the light mix to 50% or more :)

:bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

On 25/02/2019 at 6:35 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

@flash_cannon Biobizz light mix mate?

As it's a light mix I would do

50% light mix

30% coco

20% perlite 

You could go 25% of both coco and perlite  ;) I would definitely keep the light mix to 50% or more :)

:bong:

All the best 

Mark..

I'll definitely try that next time I pot up. I've just put them in their final 7l pots with light mix and a little bat guano, worm castings, insect frass, Epsom salts and humid acid. After that I fed with a biotea. 

One didn't make it out the starter pots - possibly due to my under watering - which I why I don't trust myself with coco yet! So I'm working with two.

Unfortunately I can't setup another tent for my autos to finish in so I will have to wait before starting the fruity pebbles :wallbash: anyway at least I'll have some Mephisto bud to keep me off the streets :bong:

GQKDQ5U.jpgdjV2C1h.jpg

• Like 5

jQXKujq.jpg

This is the setup. 135w QB over the mephisto sour crem’s and aux 75w QB over the baby Dina CBD plus’.  Yes the 75w is tied up with plant ties but it weighs about the same as a credit card! 

Really plesed with these lights so far. 

Just feeding good old rested Thames tap water to the baby CBD’s right now. 

Once the autos finish I’ll go to 12/12 in about 4 weeks so the CBD Plus can flower. 

• Like 3