Billys Dina-bolt mini bubbler adventure

badbillybob

Hello again my stoner chums.

Im back with another adventure for you. 

This time we have 2 x  Dinafem purps#1, and 2 of Humbowlts offerings, 1 is a green crack, and the other is a blueberry headband.

Here they are.large.5.jpgTop left and top right are the purps#1

bottom left the bloob head, bottom right the green crack.

The bottom middle is a pre 98 big bud from Nirvana, but we wont mention that here.

I started these a couple of weeks back, and introduced them to a life of abuse, leaving them in  my propagator till they were almost dead.

Then I put them into this mini bubbler, to bring them back from the brink.

They seem to be coming good now, compared to how they looked a week ago .

Its not gonna be a big grow this one, and I  think im just gonna flower them in this bubbler too, but will spread them out a bit before flip, which should be in a couple of weeks time. 

They are at 0.5 ec and 5.8 ph just now, and the roots have just poked outa the bottom of the pots and into the water. this is the point where they start going nuts on the growth front so hopefully they will be a fair bit bigger next week

they aint getting much light just now, but I might go and buy a couple of breeze blocks, to put the tote up higher, nearer the lights.

Stay tuned for more dope growing madness. 

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 10

@badbillybob Glad you stayed around brother. I know you were contemplating a break :)

You look to be of to a nice start mate . Purps#1 should do well in hydro, green crack I'll keep an eye on to ;)

Thanks for getting this up mate. Looks like it will be a fun one and as usual I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

mini update for the mini plants, 

We now have roots way - hay, they are in the drink, but the green crack and one of the purps#1s only has the tap root, they should catch up in the next few days.

here they are tonight,2nd pic shows the rootage on the purps#1, not bad for 2or 3  days eh?

The purps#1 are on the left, the bloob headband is bottom right and green crack is top right. large.1.jpg

and this is how little light they are getting. I propped the bubbler on some spare buckets I had to get them nearer the lights, and moved the light slightly nearer.

more pics, purps#1 and large.2.jpg

more pics purps#1 and green crack, its only got her tap root out fer the boys, ha ha.large_ps.jpglarge_gc.jpglarge.3.jpg

last pic shows how far from the lights they are..

kinda wish I had put them in bigger single pots, with bigger net pots, cos this big one is a pain in the arse trying to get past it

till next week, seeya

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 4

look at the first pic in my last post. see the bottom right plant, its I think the blueberry headband, here it is today, 24 hours later. 

ive grown hydro for years, but even I was surprised with this growth spurt

large.bloob.jpg

on a not so good note, the green crack is dead.

it wasn't looking too good anyway, but I snapped the stem while trying to move it, oh well such is life....

so im left with the 2 purps#1's a bloob head and a pre98 big bud. 

Not too bad, I can put one in each corner f the tote and let them rip. I upped the feed to 0.8 tonight, ph set to 5.9.

I wont be able to see them for a few days, so will top up the nutes and leave them be, might lower ph a bit to 5.6, will see.

the purps are lagging behind a bit, hopefully they will get it on soon

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, badbillybob said:

the purps are lagging behind a bit, hopefully they will get it on soon

she will come on, mine vegged a little slower than the cmog but shes still faster than her parent the pak.

your room looks great,some serious work going on in there.  :nuke:

what are the bigger plants in the big system, they look great to?

sam

• Like 2

Thanks SamHigh, in the big system, im doing some royal queen seeds critical- a solid strain with very consistant phenos, they could be cuttings, they all look the same

im also doing pineapple express from g13, havnt tried them before, but am impressed with their vigour so far, and im doing a couple of seedism seeds pot of gold x lemons. The pog x lemons are lagging behind a bit.

ive got a diary for them in the normal diary section, billys tee house part 2 its called if you fancy some more information on them. 

thanks for popping in mate.

• Like 1

hello again, its sunday so im updating my other diary, I thought id just pop in here and post some pics.

Anyone grown the blueberry headband and green crack. Ive got this bloody triffid that keeps on keeping on and im not now convinced its a blueberry head. it might be a green crack head. here it is, its the one in the bottom right corner. Anuyomne got any advice on her? bloob or crack, wotchareckon?large_sk.jpg

bottom left and top left are the purps#1's, the top left one is a bit behind, but plenty of time to catch up. 

The pre 98 big bud is doing what big bud does, and growing like a maniac. its a bit of a shame that I suspect the big bud will not be up to much. 

The others tho, I have high hopes for. 

Ive not changed the res on these but will do mid week some time. 

Cheers and let me know about the triffid, if you have any ideas?

I think I mixed the blueberry and crack up at seed stage, so took a gamble, but now im not so sure.

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 3

@badbillybob At this early stage the bottom right plant does look more like Green crack mate :yep:

Time will tell but from what I've seen in the past she looks more GC than Blueberry Headband  :)

When you say Triffid what exactly do you mean buddy?

As in 3 tops or the fictional plant "triffid"?

You've definitely got 1 slow Purps#1 and one faster. I suspect the slower is more PAK dominant. Noting to worry about mate she's a slow veg strain but well worth it :yep:

Until the next update  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

I just meant triffid as in the rate it was growing at, after the book, day of the triffids.

I thought it looked more crack too mate, hence why I asked, you've just confirmed what I thought to be honest.

I think im flipping them next week mate, depending how big my other plants get.

• Like 1

Pulling up a seat for this one if you don't mind mate, of all the threads I have read and the diy thread you made makes me want to give rdwc a go myself, only reason I haven't so far is lack of space and worry over noise.  

Good luck with it mate :yep:

• Like 2

just for my crappy memory, I changed these out today, reset with 0.5ml/litre of  silicone and the rest ionic hydro grow, and set it to 1.0EC and 5.7 ph.

I set the feed on them higher than I normally would, because im planning flip in a week or so time. 

the roots are going for it under the water. I had an issue with my smaller airpump so took it to bits, adjusted the rams inside, cleaned the filter and its working a treat now. I shortened the airlines too, by the simple task of cutting one in half and using the 2 halfs, its got better pressure now, so they should get a move on now. 

I don't expect much from these to be honest, so any bud is a bonus. 

im lookin forward to the purps#1 the most

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 1

here they are today, the purps#1 is going for it, but the smaller one has less roots, not sure why, just have. 

some pics. the purps are at the bottom, green crack top right, and ive shown the big bud roots, lovely and white, so are the rest of them, but this one was easier to get out, and im a slacker. large_pu2.jpglarge_pu1.jpglarge_bub1.jpg

this system shows that you don't have to spend hundreds of pounds to go hydroponics, all you ned is an air pump, a couple of airstones and a decent sized tote or plastic box with a lid. I once grew a 27 ounce monster with just a 42 litre really useful box, this airpump and a couple of decent airstones. I was filling it with 30 litres a day at the end, but it was worth it, it filled my 2.4 by 1.2 tent, and was a lovely smoke to boot, I still miss my old hack lemon OG.

And before you say it, I know I know I need to have a tidy up, its a bloomin disgrace...…..

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 2