Any one used/using dry powdered water soluble nutrients?

robchenski

grew a couple plants about 10 years ago with  miracle gro I believe the

n.p.k at that time was 20.20.20, the worst looking chemical ive seen

was a flouresent blue colour, got rid pretty quick as I just wasn't happy smoking it

but it did get me to break ground and learn more about other feeds etc.

don't get me wrong it turned out a nice plant and reasonable amount of bud but .

• Like 3

On 26/01/2019 at 11:36 PM, stu sleeper 20vt said:

Yo dodgee.

I must admit I've never tried it in hydro but it's fully soluble and a complete nutrient so I don't see why it wouldn't. 

It would be a matter ph balance,but I'm sure as a feed,that will have already been taken into consideration regardless of medium.

£9 makes 700 gallon s or something rediculous...I wonder how much it would cost to make up 700 gallons of nutrients using the bottles most people pay through the nose for??

When I was growing glasshouse flowers commercially (chrysanths-dripper fed compost)it was our go to source of nutrient,or slow release within compost mixes we used something called vitax q4 (iirc )

I used it for when I first started growing herb but when I went hydro and discovered the forums I fell for the bottled nute scam and kinda forgot about chempak. 

They are the industry leaders in non herb specific nutrients,but a fast growing annual flowering plant is what chempak 2 and 4 are designed to grow.

I'm very interested in this, would love to be able supply all that my plants require via two packets of dry food - but does it really?  Does it cover such things as amino, fulvic or humic acids...rooting stims?

Why did you stop using them, and move onto pre-mixed?

On 26/01/2019 at 11:36 PM, stu sleeper 20vt said:

Yo dodgee.

I must admit I've never tried it in hydro but it's fully soluble and a complete nutrient so I don't see why it wouldn't. 

It would be a matter ph balance,but I'm sure as a feed,that will have already been taken into consideration regardless of medium.

£9 makes 700 gallon s or something rediculous...I wonder how much it would cost to make up 700 gallons of nutrients using the bottles most people pay through the nose for??

When I was growing glasshouse flowers commercially (chrysanths-dripper fed compost)it was our go to source of nutrient,or slow release within compost mixes we used something called vitax q4 (iirc )

I used it for when I first started growing herb but when I went hydro and discovered the forums I fell for the bottled nute scam and kinda forgot about chempak. 

They are the industry leaders in non herb specific nutrients,but a fast growing annual flowering plant is what chempak 2 and 4 are designed to grow.

I was thinking about those big glass houses which have historically been used to grow tomatoes but are now being repurposed to grow canna.

The toms were always grown in rockwool blocks with drippers in all the pics/video I've seen.

There's no way there mixing up bottles of A&B etc is there?  If your making up 1000L ibcs of feed it would make sense they were using a concentrated (maybe dry) form of nutrients.

It's seems a reasonable assumption anyway..

And if works for toms on that scale well why not smaller scale setup's?

All just musings 

7 hours ago, unity said:

Ive really no idea unity lol

I am/was a plantsman/gardener before I grew my own pot and when I started wwith pot growing the Internet was in its infancy and not something I had any interest in.

I grew pot the same way I grew any other annual flower and did well with chempak.

This guy used it In hydro and coco and has nothing but good things to say

• Like 4

its  not powdered nutes, but ive known a few guys growing weed , feeding a light dose of tomorite and added mollasses and getting great results, for very little outlay

• Like 1

11 hours ago, unity said:

I'm very interested in this, would love to be able supply all that my plants require via two packets of dry food - but does it really?  Does it cover such things as amino, fulvic or humic acids...rooting stims?

It's entirely possible that a 2 part is all that's needed throughout the whole cycle. Grow and bloom. And that's 2 part only for transport type reasons. Not for a division between veg/ flower. It's 2 parts to stop precipitation/ reaction of the calcium I think. It comes out of solution and becomes unusable out of balance. You'd have the main feed element then you add calcium nitrate. If I could buy it here cheap I'd love to try JacksNutrients 5-12-26. 2 part water soluble many say designed for cannabis and with proven results e.g. "a 22.5 oz plant in a 3.5 gal container of coco with 600 ppm for life with no displays or problems, no additives or boosters or even ph adjusters." Check out the threads on icmag. That's really what this thread is trying to achieve for a nutrient line but in the uk. I'll be trying chempak for sure. It's not 2 part like I've described but it's ticking boxes for me

• Like 2

On 26/01/2019 at 5:52 PM, stu sleeper 20vt said:

The answer to your question is Chempak.

2 for veg,4 for bloom.

Do you mean 8 for bloom? I can't see a 4 online.

• 3 weeks later...

Guy's what about Yara Brown and YaraLiva Calcinit Anyone used these? I've got 2 sacks of 25kg each some of the bud dutch grow's use it

On 16/02/2019 at 1:44 AM, robchenski said:

It's entirely possible that a 2 part is all that's needed throughout the whole cycle. Grow and bloom. And that's 2 part only for transport type reasons. Not for a division between veg/ flower. It's 2 parts to stop precipitation/ reaction of the calcium I think. It comes out of solution and becomes unusable out of balance. You'd have the main feed element then you add calcium nitrate. If I could buy it here cheap I'd love to try JacksNutrients 5-12-26. 2 part water soluble many say designed for cannabis and with proven results e.g. "a 22.5 oz plant in a 3.5 gal container of coco with 600 ppm for life with no displays or problems, no additives or boosters or even ph adjusters." Check out the threads on icmag. That's really what this thread is trying to achieve for a nutrient line but in the uk. I'll be trying chempak for sure. It's not 2 part like I've described but it's ticking boxes for me

22.5oz actually may be wet weight. I think the buds were going to make concentrates! Hopefully I'm not misleading with that quote/claim..

21 hours ago, Gakora said:

Guy's what about Yara Brown and YaraLiva Calcinit Anyone used these? I've got 2 sacks of 25kg each some of the bud dutch grow's use it

I would give it a go if I had some. I spent ages looking at yara range. To be honest I got a bit confused because they have so many to choose from. The brown looks interesting for sure. Aimed at edible crops so you'd think fine for smoking, :smokin:

It's hard to order any for most folks because of the large size (25kg). And therefore cost/ delivery etc. That's why I started looking for off the shelf powdered. You know, if you have a surplus I would happily buy some from you... Just putting it out there

On 09/03/2019 at 5:14 PM, Gakora said:

Using Jack`s as a yardstick, its light on P, Fe and some micro`s. If you use phos acid for ph down, supplement the iron and add epsom you may get close.

Edited by Geo

• 1 year later...

My own findings so far.

Here's what I've actually tried and it's oh so cheap:

I've done a run in a soil mix substrate using:
Elixir Garden Supplies - Flower Buddy (7.5,12,36 + 4.5MgO + TE)

YaraLiva Calcinit - Calcium Nitrate - (15.5% N + 26.3% CaO

Epsom salts

3 - 2 - 1 formula

in 5 litres of rain water in bung in 3g FlowerBuddy. 1g of Epsom Salts (Mix!) and add 2g of calnit (Mix!)

Led strips from Samsung 3000k (Only pulling in therory 250watts - might be a bit more but I tried to set my driver to half power so I could put another 5 strips on the other side of the room)

That's it. never checked PH

I am very happy but with little scientific method during the whole grow. Lots of un ideal aspects to my grow, still the results were actually quite acceptable. Got about 6 dry very well manicured zips from 2 plants

Image some time before harvest (Doh that didn't work - I'll try to upload a picture later)

Just started a couple of autos in a home built wick and pumped hydro system using the same variables as above... and did I mention I've rolled my own arduino esp8266 environment and light controller! I'll post more details if it works out lol..