Any one used/using dry powdered water soluble nutrients?

robchenski

There's a few companies in the UK doing water soluble nutrients. I'm sure there would be cost savings. 

I'm going to have a go at making a comparison/ breakdown of some different brands in a spreadsheet. Obviously looking for the ideal composition...

Personally would be looking to run PPK system but any one with previous on any method utilising dry powdered water soluble I'd be very interested to hear about. 

Edited by Owderb
Links removed
  • Like 2

I did several grows with greenhouse power feed, was given to me as a sample, I wouldn’t buy it again because I think arjan is a bell end lol though the power feed was excellent, easy to use, no deficiencies, good final yield, lasted along time from 1 packet. Couldn’t fault it. I was looking at a different dry powder feed the other day looked really complicated had different sachets to mix and match to suit.

• Like 2

Yeah i used mastergrow with calnit and Epsom. I thought it went well, and for like 50 quid you can grow hundreds of plants. Easily the way to go if growing large #'s. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Yes! they work a treat. Cannabis specific nutrients are one of the biggest marketing scams ever! Anyone with a decent horticulture background would tell you the same thing. The amount of money people waste on brands baffles me.. 

Edited by nbenja3
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, nbenja3 said:

Yes! they work a treat. Cannabis specific nutrients are one of the biggest marketing scams ever! Anyone with a decent horticulture background would tell you the same thing. The amount of money people waste on brands baffles me.. 

An example of the dry nutrients you used would be very useful I'm sure.

• Like 4

Thanks for your thoughts so far...

It's quite good fun doing some research.. I've called a couple of suppliers/ manufactures in the uk to check some prices and details and it's back to the old question... "What are you intending to grow?" Answer - (Insert vague bullshit made up story which tends to vary). 

I'm going to test some locally available powder (like from supermarkets) and try to get some horticultural grade pro compositions from agricultural suppliers and just see what happens. This will take some time! 

The inspiration as much as the financial incentive came from hearing great things regarding Jacks 5-12-26  but that's only readily available in the USA. That product has its own story and followers. Well worth taking note of imho.

I'll add some of my research into suppliers so far in the uk when I work out how not to infringe the board policy on links etc. 

• Like 2

theres a american company doing some called veg+bloom in powder form seems to have good reviews and the all important jungle boys seal of approval lol but on a serious note its supposed to be great and its the way forward instead of great bottles full of readymxed 

• Like 2

Also im specifically looking beyond the ganja scenes niche and overpriced commercial offerings to mainstream agriculture. Nutes are nutes whatever package they come in

• Like 1

The answer to your question is Chempak.

2 for veg,4 for bloom.

Trace elements if you feel the need (which you won't lol)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, stu sleeper 20vt said:

2 for veg,4 for bloom.

Will chempak work in hydro?  

I assume so if it's fully soluble??

Or am I being daft?

Never gave it much thought before truth be told..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dodgee said:

Or am I being daft?

Sounds like a sensible question to me...

Looking for zero precipitate on mixing with water and nice ph etc.  

26 minutes ago, somelad said:

anyone tried the greenleaf nutrients megacrop, its a all in one feed, been reading a few grows online

Pretty sure that's American. Sounds like a good company making it. Haven't see it on the shelf here although the company will ship it to the uk. I see mostly good reports on it.. And the usual possible extra cal mag advice for us LED guys..

2 hours ago, stu sleeper 20vt said:

2 for veg,4 for bloom.

This is exactly what i wanted to hear. Brilliant. Assuming you've got some history with it and you do sound happy enough (-:

4 hours ago, Dodgee said:

Or am I being daft?

Yo dodgee.

I must admit I've never tried it in hydro but it's fully soluble and a complete nutrient so I don't see why it wouldn't. 

It would be a matter ph balance,but I'm sure as a feed,that will have already been taken into consideration regardless of medium.

£9 makes 700 gallon s or something rediculous...I wonder how much it would cost to make up 700 gallons of nutrients using the bottles most people pay through the nose for??

When I was growing glasshouse flowers commercially (chrysanths-dripper fed compost)it was our go to source of nutrient,or slow release within compost mixes we used something called vitax q4 (iirc )

I used it for when I first started growing herb but when I went hydro and discovered the forums I fell for the bottled nute scam and kinda forgot about chempak. 

They are the industry leaders in non herb specific nutrients,but a fast growing annual flowering plant is what chempak 2 and 4 are designed to grow.

• Like 7