Saltys Sweet Deep Grapefruit

Salty

On 20/01/2019 at 0:53 AM, Salty said:

Thanks @Rick Grimes mate.

My mate flowered the seed plant in his last grow. Nice big plant, decent yielder and super fruity flavour buds but he chopped her a wee bit early. 

So aye....lets see what's she's all about this time. Thanks for lookin in mate......appreciate the interest.

So far you look in great shape mate  :bong:

Nice to read that you've added the radiator. As temps are dropping across the UK this is great news :yep:

She does look to be craving feed now so I would start increasing the feed available and continue with the foliar feeding whilst in the vegetative stage. Do you foliar feed in bloom my friend? If so until what stage?

Looking good from here :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

Alrighty @Dinafem-Mark mate.

I don't normally foliar feed and only spray them of they need a touch of mag or if there's a bug infestation. I'm still spraying with a drop epsoms.

I hear ye on the feeding mate. Usually I'm a bit miserable with the food and try to give them as little as possible.....but I won't get away with that this time.

So that bein said..I gave her 2ml per ltr of biobizz grow and she took 1.75 ltr. I still think she will want more but al see over the next few days as the better temps take effect.

Hopefully I can get her flowering soon as she is getting big now. I've got a chocolate diesel f2 that's getting big too..so aye I need to get them flowering soon

I had a look at the roots this morning and she has rooted the pot out nicely. Nice white fuzzy roots.....the kind i like to see

Anyway....I hope everythings good at your end mate and al post some pics over the next day or two....all the best

• Like 2

On 20/01/2019 at 1:24 AM, twoscoops said:

@Salty

Nice bushy looking plant and solid roots, good move putting the radiator temp up at lights out.

Good luck with flowering , I hope yer get plenty of nice sticky colas.

twoscoops :) 

Thanks for poppin in @twoscoops mate, and the well wishes.

Sticky colas would be nice

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Salty said:

So that bein said..I gave her 2ml per ltr of biobizz grow and she took 1.75 ltr. I still think she will want more but al see over the next few days as the better temps take effect.

Great news :yep: start out low and increase as needed  :)

41 minutes ago, Salty said:

I had a look at the roots this morning and she has rooted the pot out nicely. Nice white fuzzy roots.....the kind i like to see

That's what we like to hear  ;)

Can I ask. Will you be doing a pot up before you bloom or is this the finish pot?

42 minutes ago, Salty said:

Hopefully I can get her flowering soon as she is getting big now. I've got a chocolate diesel f2 that's getting big too..so aye I need to get them flowering soon

She's a fair size lady now my friend. Can not wait to see this girl in bloom. Going to be one fun flower show  :bong:

43 minutes ago, Salty said:

Anyway....I hope everythings good at your end mate and al post some pics over the next day or two....all the best

Thanks for asking buddy. Things this end are going well ;) just prepping for some new release etc. Going be a fun year ;)

Thanks for the update brother. I'll drop back in on the next  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

I was hoping to flower her in the 6.5ltr pot she is in @Dinafem-Mark mate.

I don't want to pot her up to 10ltr but if it takes me much longer than a week to whip her into shape it might be the better option.

My mate has a spare light and fan/filter/duct so all I would need to do is order up a cheap tent off fleabay and I've got another wee set up.

Then I could pot her up and veg another couple of weeks. I found a quarter bag of bat special the other day so I've got compost.

I will try to flower in this pot though :D

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Salty said:

Then I could pot her up and veg another couple of weeks. I found a quarter bag of bat special the other day so I've got compost.

I would go with a pot up and another 14-21 day veg mate. It sounds like things are available to use so this would be my choice ;)

It's going to be great either way mate :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

Ok....so temps are a bit better now with the help of the oil rad and I've started giving them 4hrs of dark every day now.

She's had another spray of epsoms and last feed she got 3ml per litre of grow and drank about 1.75ltr. I'm pretry sure she can handle this amount of food as she's a good sturdy plant with a solid root system 

large.1548277325340441.jpg

Lookin a wee bit greener/happier tonight too. She will need fed again in the morning and I think al give her the 3ml/ltr again.

I keep sayin 12/12 soon but hopefully this time.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Salty said:

I keep sayin 12/12 soon but hopefully this time.

When your comfortable and the time is right you'll flip that switch to bloom (12/12) :)

I agree. If you are vegging (18/6) for much longer a pot up would be very beneficial imo ;)

Then 1 week to recover and bloom :yep:

She's a nice size now mate so with even 1 more week of veg she's going to look amazing in bloom :bong:

Keep the updates coming mate :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

Appologies but due to circumstances outwith my control i cant follow this grow through.

I have however taken a few clones and will go again as soon as possible.

• Like 1

@Salty so sorry to read that mate :(

Safety must come first and atleast you have a the 2nd crop safe in clone form  :yep:

I hope circumstances change mate and your back growing soon ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

@Salty so sorry to read that mate :(

Safety must come first and atleast you have a the 2nd crop safe in clone form  :yep:

I hope circumstances change mate and your back growing soon ;)

All the best 

Mark..

Al be back @Dinafem-Mark brother.....real soon, nae worries on that score.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, ScottishStemSmoker said:

@Salty How did the grapefruit turn out? Was one of the strains i was looking at for next run.

Was just smokin her the other day as it happens. I didn't run her in the end but my mate @TheBigyin grew her.

She was a beast of a plant....vigorous as ye like with big strong stems and an easy grow.

Smokewise she's lovely....proper sweet grapefruit smell n taste. Maybe not the strongest of smokes but plenty potent enough to keep me happy and I've been smokin for 40yrs.....and tasty as feck

Well worth a grow imo

• Like 5

@Salty Cheers for the input brother, i think grapefruit will defo be on the next run because the taste sounds juicy! Difficult to decide because of how many strains i want to do...  

• Like 2